Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,136,757 times

Advertisements

Back story: Back in late May, my father-in-law was here from Florida and we wanted to take him to see our new house in MA. We hadn't closed on it yet, but I called our realtor (Karen) to ask her if she could let us in. She said she could, so Jeremy, my FIL, Artie, and I got into the car the next day and made the trip. I had told Karen to completely ignore Artie. Don't make eye contact. Don't try to pet him. Just ignore him. When she pulled up to the house, maybe it was because Artie could sense my liking for Karen (we're friends with her brother), we walked over to her and Artie didn't do his usual barking, lunging, I'm aiming for you with my teeth thing. I think that she was even "allowed" to pet him a bit by the time we were leaving, but I don't remember 100%.

Today: We -- Jeremy and I -- drove to MA (Artie stayed home in CT) to close on the house. We did the walk-through and then Karen scootched out to her car and came back in with gifts. She gave us a key-chain (she put the key on it after we signed all the papers a few hours later), a big pot of flowers, and then I saw it... a huge box... wrapped in a yellow ribbon with a yellow bow: Milk Bone treats for Artie.

It's out-and-out bribery (and of course I didn't tell her that he's grain intolerant -- I'll give them to him once in a while)...

...but it was totally cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:51 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,170,710 times
Oh wow how nice Im sure Artie will appreciate it . I just hope she does not come by once a week with something for Artie . I had a neighbor who always brought me bones for my dogs , she only had cats . But the dogs got used to it and we had a big picture window at the time they would see her walking over and the barking and the whining began . Oh yes I know how you feel .

Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh wow how nice Im sure Artie will appreciate it . I just hope she does not come by once a week with something for Artie . I had a neighbor who always brought me bones for my dogs , she only had cats . But the dogs got used to it and we had a big picture window at the time they would see her walking over and the barking and the whining began . Oh yes I know how you feel .
HAHAHAHA! I actually wouldn't mind. I know that Karen and I will end up being great friends. And Artie doesn't have that many people who like him, so now he can have a friend, too.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM

3,752 posts, read 12,436,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Today: We -- Jeremy and I -- drove to MA (Artie stayed home in CT) to close on the house.
All other stories aside CONGRATULATIONS D&J ON THE NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

oh...and of course Artie too! Be kind to the hardwood, Artie!

Love, Auntie Cat

Old 06-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
All other stories aside CONGRATULATIONS D&J ON THE NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

oh...and of course Artie too! Be kind to the hardwood, Artie!

Love, Auntie Cat
Thank you!

MWAH!!! from me and licks from Artie.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:55 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,472,730 times
I love it!! So glad you got a good realtor!!! And yay for Artie.........even though his tummy may not be so thrilled once in a while!

And a HUGE congrats to you all on the house! How exciting!!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 PM

5,104 posts, read 12,621,693 times
How exciting a new house for you! Yippie . soooo Artie can be bought with food..........

Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I love it!! So glad you got a good realtor!!! And yay for Artie.........even though his tummy may not be so thrilled once in a while!

And a HUGE congrats to you all on the house! How exciting!!!!
It would be even more exciting if our current house would sell. Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
How exciting a new house for you! Yippie . soooo Artie can be bought with food..........
It's so funny because he's not food-motivated AT ALL. He loves his chicken jerky treats but, aside from that, totally disinterested.

That said, he loves attention. When my neighbor/friend and I walk the dogs in the morning, he's continually giving them "treats" -- but it's TOTW kibbles that he's handing out. Artie nixes his bowl of it before the walk, but eagerly takes these "treats" from my friend. So, I'm guessing it's the attention rather than the nourishment that drives my little beast.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,302,398 times
Smart realtor! She knows the way to your wallet and referrals is through Artie!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,064,648 times
That's so awesome that she acknowledges Artie! That makes a world of difference for me when someone recognizes my fur-kids. Congrats on your new home, and may Artie not get too many tummy aches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs