Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:33 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
now THAT is my dream.... i got 180 SF of pergo from a freecycle subscriber a few weeks ago.... and it matches the laminate already down in other areas of the house.... 1 room down, 3 to go......
It's WONDERFUL! With the rescue there's always a dog pottying some place. So easy to clean up the messes and no stress over it. I should buy stock in Bounty and Clorox though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
hahahaha I almost did back in the day when I was a breeder & did rescue! I personally HATE Carpets! Nothing I owned had them! I Tried to get the mgr here to put vynal thru out... Mainance guy tells me that 2 apts in Charles Town have them so I saw No Problems! But she said NO! Then went on to tell me how her 3 small dogs pottied on her floor CRIPE! But it wouldnt have been just for the dogs it be fore me! Bad Backs & Vacuming dont mix ugh Anyway she put Dark Brown carpets down!! Try finding poop on that!

Always stressed ... cant afford to get an eviction do to puppy poop! She evict 1 the other week & told another neighbor he was next! This guy lived here for 12 yrs! He got a pound dog about 3 yrs old 2 months ago, last time he takes her out is 4 pm & next time 8 am! Tells me she trained to use puppy pads BUT He refuses to get them for her! So she poops behind furniture! cripe His apt STINKS!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...s-new-apt.html

Last edited by Katie1; 11-14-2011 at 05:31 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,056,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I had Lady-Bug since she was 4 months old! Next week she will be 9 months old! Today I thought I could finaly trust her a bit. So I turned her loose. Less than 2 mins she ran into the Middle of the Living Room & Pooped!!! UGH!!! Ok it was vent here or Kill her!! Actually like to Kill her Breeder but she not in reach!!

Why kill the breeder? You are in control, not the dog nor the breeder and it's up to you to train your dog.

busta

Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Read the beginning Asked & Answered!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Because the Breeder Allowed the litter to Poop & Pee on Towels & Blankets instead of paper/grass or dirt til she was 4 months old. Everytime I Think she stopped she starts again. My Apt is Wall to Wall Carpet! Because of this she spends 23 hours a day in crate! I just sooo Flustrated UGH

Doesn't matter what the breeder did. I can train you in 24hours to correct this.

Remember the old saying, you never train the dog, you train the owner.

It's not the dog, it's you.

busta

Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Well.....

Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
She gets out to go potty to play [she uses litterbox in crate] She was Not out of my site today! She gave no warnings...no sniffing nothing! She was headed towards the litterbox was 5 ft from it just stopped pooped! I scooped her up put her in the box where she finished praised her then went to clean her mess up. But at almost 9 months old & this been going on for 5 months its very discouraging! The other day she was playing 30 FT from the box & she ran past me & right to it to potty! So she Not Dumb... Anything Cloth she just feels is ok to potty on! Like I said needed to vent!

You never should have the litter box in the crate. Dogs will never get used to crapping and pissing in the same place they sleep.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM

She already did that ... I just supplied a place she could go if she needed to. Instead of all over the crate & her.... The Main litterbox she uses is on the kitchen floor!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
at 9 months old if she needs to pee and poop that often you need to re-evaluate WHT your feeding and how often...
only a puppy whos eating 24/7, has a medical issue or is on a bad diet full of grains is going to poop that much.

she needs togo out EVERY hour...if 10 mins every 2 hours is to long then she needs to be taken out every hour...simple...
its not a hard concept...
if she has chance to have an accident you wernt watching close enough...dogs give clues, some are INCREDIBLY subtle, but they all give clues (my female simply sits there and looks at you, im pretty sure she belives i can ready minds...my male is increidbly subtle if he needs to go, he will give me 1 warning and thats a small sigh...then if i dont notice or pay heed hell poop on the floor...hes now almost 3 years old...
its not his fault that i dont catch that tiny cue...hes giving it to me its just so small its easy to miss, this is probably the case in point with your pap too...
shes telling you...your just not noticing it...and untill you do you need to be pro-active and just simply take her out every hour on the hour and stay out there untill she does something...

ive had hard to housebreak dogs...my 3 yr old male i still not reliable...its NOT the dogs fault its mine...accidents only happen if I am not doing my job and paying close enough attention.

This is so true. When I get home I can't let Brownie out without taking him outside. He will pee on anything. Benny won't pee but he will mark behind Brownie.

Now who's fault is it if I let them out and don't take them outside, mine.

Also around 3am Benny will start yelping, not barking and not a yelp as he's hurt but a yelp like I need to crap. If I don't get up and take him out guess what I will find in the morning? Benny crap.

busta

Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 PM

LOL Yes thats your fault...shame on you for Not Training him to wait! LOL
Lady-Bug has come a Long way since I had her. I just wish she Stop potting on cloth objects! When I got her she Play in her Poop/Pee! Then I read where they get use to smelling & have to trained to be clean....gave her a bath 3 times a DAY for Weeks! So now when she goes she gets out of the litterbox & lays next to it...sometimes she wines to let me know she gone. Now she gets bath 2 times a month wahooo But I cant seem to get her to stop potting on cloth [I know I know broken Record!] I havent even purchased Living Room Furniture yet!!! And I Dont have enough money to Scotchguarrd the WHOLE Apt to give her any real freedom! Not sure it would work ... sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs