Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 01:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I agree with the others; it isn't normal. I've had several female dogs and have never smelled anything other than occasional gas.

Well to be fair (to me), I knew it wasn't normal or I wouldn't have posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Do dogs get vaginal yeast infections like female humans do?

If so, it could be something like that.

Yes, dogs get vaginitis which can be due to yeast infection among other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 02:11 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,310,687 times
They can also get yeast infections in their Ears. Feet Well just about any where on their bodies....

Old 12-22-2019, 04:40 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,592,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Do dogs get vaginal yeast infections like female humans do?

If so, it could be something like that.

This is exactly what I was thinking she may have a yeast infection as yeast infections stink, but It does sound like a case of vaginitis and yeast is often the cause but a UTI can cause it too so take her to the vet and get it treated then build up her immune system with some probiotics . The gut is our source of immunity so keeping it healthy and in balance is important for overall health.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking she may have a yeast infection as yeast infections stink, but It does sound like a case of vaginitis and yeast is often the cause but a UTI can cause it too so take her to the vet and get it treated then build up her immune system with some probiotics . The gut is our source of immunity so keeping it healthy and in balance is important for overall health.

yeah, she doesn't have ears between her legs lol...so more likely vaginal.

Old 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Are you sure the smell is coming from her private parts? My last dog used to have really bad breath that came and went. Turned out to be one of the treats I was giving her.

Old 12-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Are you sure the smell is coming from her private parts? My last dog used to have really bad breath that came and went. Turned out to be one of the treats I was giving her.

That has occurred to me, but I have only noticed it when she is licking herself. It occurred to me that it could be dog burps, but unless she only burps when licking herself I'm skeptical of that theory too. But it really doesn't make sense that something coming from her butt or lady parts only happens very rarely, so I'm not ruling out the burp theory entirely.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:22 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That has occurred to me, but I have only noticed it when she is licking herself. It occurred to me that it could be dog burps, but unless she only burps when licking herself I'm skeptical of that theory too. But it really doesn't make sense that something coming from her butt or lady parts only happens very rarely, so I'm not ruling out the burp theory entirely.
Next time it happens, you have to get down there and sniff. Don't be shy.

Old 12-24-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Next time it happens, you have to get down there and sniff. Don't be shy.

Well I'm not too proud to say I have gotten down and sniffed when it wasn't happening, and I didn't smell anything. I'm leaning more and more toward the burp theory. Maybe when she's twisted around in a circle when she's licking herself it causes her to burp. I know when I do yoga it sometimes causes me to fart or burp, but I don't think its farts.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:40 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,310,687 times
She could have a Female infection You NEED to get this checked by a Vet. Something is wrong. Yes she can still have a female infection even Spayed. It could be she cleaning the area when you smell the odor. So a Swab would let the vet run tests.

Old 12-25-2019, 11:14 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,782,302 times
Spayed females can be subject to hormone imbalances which can cause urinary incontinence. Maybe not much more than an occasional drip or two, or maybe more (check her favorite sleeping spots for damp places), but still enough to be smelly and annoying to the dog and her people. A daily hormone pill solved it for my dog.

A vet visit is in order. Do come back and let us know what you find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs