Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 PM

17,464 posts, read 16,647,402 times

Advertisements

Our Golden hates it when I'm on the phone. As soon as I start a conversation she either nose-nose-noses my arm begging to be pet or she goes over to the sliding glass door and whines to go out. Anything to get my attention away from the phone and onto her. She's like a furry little kid at times...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 12:12 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,097,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Our Golden hates it when I'm on the phone. As soon as I start a conversation she either nose-nose-noses my arm begging to be pet or she goes over to the sliding glass door and whines to go out. Anything to get my attention away from the phone and onto her. She's like a furry little kid at times...
That's hilarious! Artie always needs my attention too. As soon as I get on the phone -- BOOM! -- he's on my lap, looking me in the eye as if to say "Talk to meeeeee!"

Old 11-17-2009, 12:16 PM

17,464 posts, read 16,647,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
That's hilarious! Artie always needs my attention too. As soon as I get on the phone -- BOOM! -- he's on my lap, looking me in the eye as if to say "Talk to meeeeee!"
Yes, it's as though they have some sort of built in phone radar - LOL.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM

445 posts, read 1,450,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post

And I think we need pictures of Louie!!! My Porkchop turned on on August 30th.
I posted a pic of Louie in the Pet Picture Gallery. He's a very big boy - weighs 75 lbs. and is quite tall for an EB (long legs). I'm wondering if he might be part American bulldog, although he does have the crinkly EB tail.

LMAO at the doggies who pester during phone conversations. When I play messages on the answering machine, Louie goes crazy. And when I'm on my laptop (as I often am), he'll put his big paw on my hand to make me pet him.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:50 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,063,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
I posted a pic of Louie in the Pet Picture Gallery. He's a very big boy - weighs 75 lbs. and is quite tall for an EB (long legs). I'm wondering if he might be part American bulldog, although he does have the crinkly EB tail.

LMAO at the doggies who pester during phone conversations. When I play messages on the answering machine, Louie goes crazy. And when I'm on my laptop (as I often am), he'll put his big paw on my hand to make me pet him.
bailey's doin' that to me as i type this........

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,794,726 times
My Samoyed is a cuddlemuffin... LOL

Old 11-18-2009, 12:48 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,143,475 times
I know some folks in here mentioned being worried about leaving their dogs at home all day without interaction. How about trying a pet sitter/walker (someone to let the dog out once during the day, play with the dog for about an hour or so and then get going) or taking them to doggy day care every other day? I'm glad that my parents live nearby that I am able to drop of my mini schnauzer before I go to work and pick him up when my shift ends. So that's my informal doggy day care facility. You can pick an official one or if you have parents nearby, take the dog to their house. My parents are in their late 60s and have really gotten attached to having my dog at the house, gives them something to focus on/to do.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:33 PM

445 posts, read 1,450,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I know some folks in here mentioned being worried about leaving their dogs at home all day without interaction. How about trying a pet sitter/walker (someone to let the dog out once during the day, play with the dog for about an hour or so and then get going) or taking them to doggy day care every other day? I'm glad that my parents live nearby that I am able to drop of my mini schnauzer before I go to work and pick him up when my shift ends. So that's my informal doggy day care facility. You can pick an official one or if you have parents nearby, take the dog to their house. My parents are in their late 60s and have really gotten attached to having my dog at the house, gives them something to focus on/to do.
You're lucky having family living nearby! I've definitely considered a dogwalker and doggie daycare. There are no doggy daycare places convenient to us (and we all take the subway to work so it's not like we could easily drop Louie off and pick him up). However, there is a guy who is an animal trainer/dog-walker that I run into from time to time. He's a very nice guy and is always giving me much-appreciated bits of advice. Louie has made friends with one of the dogs he walks, a young female bull terrier. So I'm considering that as a possible option.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,143,475 times
There are no doggy day care facilities near my current apartment so when I start looking for a home next year, it will be near my parents house so its easy to drop him off/pick him up.
Good luck in your search for a dog walker; its difficult to let go of the fur babies into someone else's hands!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:29 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,097,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
You're lucky having family living nearby! I've definitely considered a dogwalker and doggie daycare. There are no doggy daycare places convenient to us (and we all take the subway to work so it's not like we could easily drop Louie off and pick him up). However, there is a guy who is an animal trainer/dog-walker that I run into from time to time. He's a very nice guy and is always giving me much-appreciated bits of advice. Louie has made friends with one of the dogs he walks, a young female bull terrier. So I'm considering that as a possible option.
I think I remember in a previous post (maybe even on this thread?) that you said that you were in NYC?

There's a dog-walking business for whom I wanted to work -- just to write their website text -- but they ended up choosing someone else. Anyway, they sounded like a class act business. I, of course, can't confirm that but their web text sounded pretty awesome. nyc dog walker, dog walker nyc, new york dog walker, dog walker new york, manhattan dog walker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs