Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM

165 posts, read 304,898 times

Advertisements

This is hilarious. This guy really doesn't get it. NO ONE IS COMPLAINING THAT WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING OR WE'RE BROKE. You keep saying that but NO ONE else has said it. I feel like I have to underline everything I say or type in all caps to get you to comprehend sentences. We're arguing that our future is in the hands of people who are out of control.

We're not simple minded people so it's obvious to us what we need to do because we in fact are doing it IN THIS VERY THREAD. We don't need to spell it out because we figure you can figure that out by yourself but obviously you're a hedgehog so you can't see anything but what's in front of you. We are voicing these opinions in hopes of getting enough people to realize the poison in the system so we CAN change things via massive pressure and confrontation. People don't like to "not be liked." Especially politicians. The key is to make these in power feel like shhh--you get it. The key is to let them know this WILL NOT STAND. We will follow you out of your house and make you feel like the slimest piece of trash that ever lived. We will walk up to you during your lunch and tell you you're a crook, and hopefully spit on them. We'll slander and slander your name until you're forced to reform your policies. THAT is ALL we can do without force. Voting does nothing. Voting is THEIR game. You are playing THEIR game.

"Playing the cards I'm dealt"

Loser talk. Smart people know to change the game. Change the rules. Hell, that is what THEY did in the first place is change the rules. And you're still playing their new game by the way you sound.

The problem in this country, maybe more so than the crooks themselves is YOU sir. You who stand by and watch as your country is raped from the inside out. But it doesn't matter to you because you're making moves in the stock market right? Hilarious. You gluttonous, self serving piece of scum. Your father should be shamed. You are a coward. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 PM

106,707 posts, read 108,880,922 times
if anyone isnt getting it, it's you my friend. your missing my entire point .

we all know all the ills out there. there isnt one of us that isnt petrified about the future or even next weeks outcome.

but except for voting out this inept congress what power do you have to alter things.

none!...

myself and alot of the 80 million baby boomers are either close to retiring or are in the last down of our working careers.

most of us are scared to death of things as they look as we fear all we worked and saved for over a lifetime can be devastated by events we cant control.

the point is yes there are things you can control to preserve what you have.

the problem is no one is taking the time to learn. folks know more about their refrigerator and car than they do about investing or preserving their nest eggs.

there are many many options folks have for protecting themselves but they dont know any other way then running to cash . cash is great until inflation leaves it smoldering or you need the income off it..

this is not the right thread for going into detail but with knowledge come many options you have.

their are bucket systems, there is strategys for bullet proofing your savings by the likes of harry brown
there are protective ways from ray lucia, the armadillo strategy is another one..

these are not ways to get rich, they are ways to protect your purchasing power no matter what the outcome.

did you know there are ways you can on your own guarantee your principal while protecting with gold, or getting a piece of a run up in markets and still guaranteeing you will never lose principal.

im researching every chance i get ways of pensionizing a steady income stream from immeadiate annuities to avoid being totaly dependent on the markets whims and interest rates in retirement.

if many of these folks who are so convinced things are going to hell in a handbasket spent more time educating themselves and learning to protect what they have instead of searching the internet so they can post another negative piece of trash they would be far better served.

this is what im trying to get across to people. you have options to protect what you scrimped and saved for but you need to spend time learning. learn to control that which you can control.

Last edited by mathjak107; 07-27-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM

I understand you. I got your point that people need to be fiscally responsible for themselves. What I am saying is voting isn't going to do anything for our countrie' future as we've seen the past few decades. In 2000 they just gave it to their boy Bush even though he didn't win.

What my point is, it's becoming more and more apparent that they won't listen to us unless we have a full scale revolution ala what's going on in Spain and Greece. Otherwise they are going to continue the same backward process. My point is the system is broken. Your acting like that doesn't matter and all that matters is protecting yourself.

What my point is, It's not about your nest egg, or your savings. It's about our kids' future. Our countries' future. THAT is my point.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM

its about the finances of ourselves and our kids and grand children.

you made my point exactley. voting wont help, complaining wont help..

what helps? educating yourself and your kids eventually on how to live life and deal with uncertainty.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Of course educating yourself helps. This is obvious and doesn't need to be posted. See that's where we are differing so I'm going to just agree to disagree with you because we're not going to agree.

You're only looking out for you and your family.

I'm saying we all need to look out for each other. Everyone. Not just our immediate family.

You're saying I just need to look out for my family and everything will be fine.

I'm saying your family isn't that big or powerful so when the wolves come you won't be fine no matter how well you buried your nest egg.

Like you said, you're a baby boomer and edging on to retirement so this is why we have radically different stances on this. I'm 25. I'm saying we need to save the forest. You're saying just save your tree.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 PM

whats good for 1 tree is good for all trees. collectively that would make us a happy forest . lol.. the reality is as the charities are finding out if that tree isnt healthy they arent getting any dough to help anyother tree in the forest.

we all need the same productive environment to flourish. the reality in my lifetime was it was always tough for one reason or another and everytime things looked up boom another shoe fell. it was obvious to me politics were never going to change a thing. for 40 years now i get up,put my pants on and go to work. nothing changes no matter who is in power. the lies,the promises , it never mattered. off to work i go assuming i had a job.

the only times things changed in my life is when i made them change.

Last edited by mathjak107; 07-27-2011 at 05:40 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
mathjak, i liked your post.

i don't even like arguing with you at all since you seem like such a nice sincere guy.

i am just wondering how you think you can play smart in a crooked system and, if you keep contributing to the crooked system, how does it ever get fixed? if we all back off and say, "no-fix it or else" we WOULD be better off.

we are going to have short term pain as a country, NO MATTER WHAT, but it would be nice if we could get back on track when this is resolved.

right now we are throwing so much money at crooked deals and crooked men and crooked enterprises that it is beyond distressing for me as an american citizen.

i would love our country headed in the right direction- with US only bonds that paid a decent interest rate for people to invest in, so that they could build their next egg AND invest in american only start up businesses at the same time. i would see that as a win-win for the entire country. (especially if the start up businesses succeed and hire people).

this country has so much going for it, but it is as if our leaders are unaware of all that we have.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 PM

i didnt want to get into this in detail in this thread but sandy despite what you think about the crooked system the basics still hold true in the markets. as i was saying to someone in another forum i can go back 60 years and look at the charts of the markets and they reflect exactley what the events of that time were.

short term they are all over but longer term they really follow the worlds events.
that makes certain asset classes very predictable. by the way im not smart enough to figure this out , this was done by folks a whole lot smarter than me.

long term treasuries will always respond to recession, to deflation and to runs for safety in the world

gold is a competitor to the doillar and is another currancy like the yen,the frank,the euro. it responds to high inflation as well as uncertainty in the world

equities respond to prosperity

cash is good in deflation and recession.

those four owned equally are about as bullet proof as you can get.

in 40 years they had 3 slight down years and averaged to today over 9% cagr a year.

as one thing goes up another goes down . while stocks at the worst in 2008 fell 45%, long term treasuries soared 30% and gold was up. once again the mix was up for the year while folks were devasted betting on prosperity with equities and corporate bonds.

its learning about utilizing ideas and methods like this that let you win no matter what.

well enough of this , if anyone wants to talk about stratagies and ideas we can swing over to the investment forum and start a thread there.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Well I think you can do more than vote. I think the logical course is to participate in what you want and not participate in what you don't want. However, there is the rub. You are pushed into a system whether you like it or not.

I think a revolution does need to take place, but I don't think violence is necessary, as I consider that more of a riot than a revolution. There are many empowering and creative ways people are initiating changes in their lives.

Discussing unpleasantries that should be addressed rather than ignored are important I believe in being personally responsible. I don't view that as complaining, however. I think it is necessary to discuss things out in the open in order to see what is happening and get a better idea about what needs correcting first.

There are waay more people in the world and in this country than there are the few running the corrupt systems. Only a few have to say enough and change it.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:40 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,314,137 times
There is no market left. Total corporate capture of government is here and anyone who pretends otherwise should be ignored. These so called markets are highly manipulated and completely artificial. The stock market is a political tool for the central bankers. We saw a good example of it in 2008, again on May 6, 2010 and possibly soon with this debt ceiling sideshow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics