Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was just having this conversation last night with a relative. It is very disheartening that a person such as Palin could ever possibly be perceieved as a qualified candidate. Quite depressing to realize that there is a portion of the populace that actually thinks and I use the word loosely, that the fate of this nation should be put in her hands.

I can only assume that they relate to her ignorance and ditzy down home BS and feel that if she could do it, they can do it too.

What they are too blind to understand is that she is playing them like a fiddle. She quit her job to rake in the cash that the very same ignorant supporters are willing to give her. Palin has gotten rich off of the stupidity of many. I can just imagine how she laughs at them in private and winks at her hubby about how simple it is to BS your way to notoriety.
I couldn't agree more.

Fools and their money are easily parted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 01:25 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
As long as she's just spouting her empty rhetoric to her existing fan base from a nice "safe" platform like her own website, some Tea Party Rally or Faux News she's fine.
"Faux News?" Oh, you mean MSNBC!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Being that she actually hurt the GOP in te last elections for President I doubt she could even get the GOP nominaton. If she does run it will most likely be as an outsider she would only hurt the GOPs chances of winning in 212. Independent voters know her for the talking head she his and many Repubs could not vote her so the odds of her winning the Whitehouse are so low she would only end up embarassing herself and those that are her loyal followers. Any, I am sure the Demos would apsolutely LOVE for her to run, it would ensure another 4 years of President Obama. The GOP better find someone better than their last two candidates or they will remain on the sidelines.
Casper

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 11-19-2010 at 01:49 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 01:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Please run, Sarah. Please.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
Let's see, mayor of a city (excutive experience), governor of a state (executive experience). Both endeavors were highly successful.

Besides that she embodies the spirt and beliefs that made America great in the first place, and stirs up such enthusiasm from her supporters. A true leader, AND a great sense of humor (eg you can see Russia from my house).

Winner all around, and I most enthusiastically embrace her candidacy and tenure as president.

Any questions??
Yeah......have you been drinking?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
What is sad is that a poser such as BHO, who voted "present" in the Ill Senate over 100 times, and who can't document any scholastic or executive achievement was elected because of melanin and nothing else.

Really? All I ever hear is about how Obama isn't "really black."

Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
If my choices come election time are palin and or obama I will utter the words of lewis black.
My chooses are 2 piles of ****

Old 11-19-2010, 03:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah......have you been drinking?
I was asking the same thing about Obama voters in 2008.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
She just might be able to do it... Much as there were a bunch of morons who ate up Obama's Hope and Change without a thought, there are a bunch of morons who eat up any pseudo-patriot jargon that Sarah Palin pulls out of her crack.
I don't think Sarah Palin said it, as the O.P. states, but the American people did, in at least one poll that was recently conducted.

Why do you say "pseudo-patriotic"? She is more patriotic than most of the liberals posting on C-D, who are America bashers.

What gives you the right to determine that she is not a true patriot? She is popular because she believes what the majority of Americans believe. She is as patriotic as the come.

You, obviously, were not "taken" by Obama. Who did you support (I understand if you don't want to tell me)?

Old 11-19-2010, 04:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your confused She's talking about going camping with
Kate Gosselin

The lay of the land: the features of an area of land. Example: We checked out the lay of the land before we put up our tent and made a camping site
Was that supposed to be funny? You bombed. Big time bombed.

She would definitely beat Obama, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections