Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 08:40 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times

Advertisements

Palin is her own worst enemy.

Doesn't matter what people on here want, or don't want, but in the end what Palin's fate becomes entirely depends on what she does and how she handles herself leading up to the race. So far IMO she is nowhere near mature enough for the position. I would not want her representing me as she lacks the necessary composure that the role of POTUS requires to get things done. She enjoys talking s#$t too much.

I actually was on CSPAN call in the night of her announcement as VP at the convention and said the same thing. They brought her on board in 08 as the attack dog but she did not know how to do it with enough statesmanship and predicted her mouth would be the end of that campaign. I think I was right on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't know what she would do, I just know Obama hasn't done anything worth doing. That list is way too long to post.

Post it...put your $ where your mouth is.

ETA...exactly what Palin needs to do if she thinks she has the credentials. Without any substance all that you're doing is talking @!#$

Old 11-19-2010, 08:49 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,553,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said she could defeat President Barack Obama in the 2012 election.

Mrs Palin made the declaration in an interview with ABC, one of several recently in which she has said she was weighing a presidential bid.

She told ABC she was "looking at the lay of the land".

BBC News - Sarah Palin says she could beat President Obama in 2012

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!! What a joke.......

Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
I don't know what she would do, I just know Obama hasn't done anything worth doing. That list is way too long to post.
She could do much worse, because she carries plausible stupidabliity on at least the same level as George Bush.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
His officers and secretaries are jumping ship as I type. The Chinese lectured him. He went to get the bacon and came home with a bone.
What other president has had the fortitude to go to Asia and address China's currency manipulation? That isn't something that started recently.

Quote:
Really must I spell out the colossal FAILURE of his character and administration? he isn't fit to run a dog pound, much less the USA.
Yes. Spell it out. And your town must have a very overqualified dogcatcher.

Quote:
If you like communism so well there are many other places you can go live.
What do you define communism as?

Quote:
Bill Clinton sold us to Red Commie China and you can hardly buy anything made in the USA anymore, and obama is selling the little left. He is a common dirt bag, just like Clinton and his wife.
Nixon was the first to go to China. Since then every president has been pulling a line of credit including...GASP...Ronnie RayGun.

Quote:
Obama can't talk either, all he does is read the promter when he can and then look up and stutter err umm ahh. He lies, and if you could read any body language like a deaf man , me, you would know when he lies.

Never once will he look anyone in the eye, because every bloomin thing he says is a lie and he ain't a very good liar.
Since the teleprompter was invented and the president started speaking almost daily which president has not used one. If this is your biggest argument then you are either so partisan that it doesn't matter as you will do what you're told, or your grasp of modern public speaking doesn't exist. Anyone who routinely speaks uses technology, or like Palin writes her notes on her hand like a 2nd grader.

Quote:
Duh:

The reason being....he is a novice who lacks true intelligence. he has some street smarts but lacks the polish/education required to act on the world stage.

Also, he is very divisive and lacks tact in his speech. Everytime he opens her mouth, he alienates more and more of those who are moderate and impartial.

The Democratic party sees him as a distraction and an uncouth cityslick troublemaker who will pull votes away from a true Presidential contender in 2012.

There I fixed that for ya.
Huh? Was the "her" in there a slip regarding Palin or were you trying to rewrite someone else's post and just did it very poorly?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM

465 posts, read 464,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said she could defeat President Barack Obama in the 2012 election.

Mrs Palin made the declaration in an interview with ABC, one of several recently in which she has said she was weighing a presidential bid.

She told ABC she was "looking at the lay of the land".

BBC News - Sarah Palin says she could beat President Obama in 2012
Sarah Palin keeps on pulling publicity stunts and people keep and showering her with attention.

She is a spammer. Except instead of the internet she uses TV mostly.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Honestly, I hope she does run. I really do, even if she is just talking smack. It would be hilarious.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Palin's fate becomes entirely depends on what she does and how she handles herself leading up to the race.

It will have nothing to do with what Palin does or does not
do. She would not get past the primary. Her base is as big
as it will ever be. If she's lucky she may get 15%.
The Republicans want to win. They know Palin is not a winner, politically speaking. I doubt if she would even
carry her home state of Alaska.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Watching Joe Scarborough this morning and he thinks Palin would get decimated in a race against Obama. Old Pat wouldn't admit it, but he knew it was true.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Right now a chimpanzee in a propeller beanie could beat Obama, so Palin's chances are almost as good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections