Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 10:19 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't you get specific? C'mon...give us the insightful, wise and profound quotes of Palin on the issues that are relevant to Americans today. Let's have the links that give us a window into her great ideas and her solutions to the problems that face the average American. Let's have 'em. Put them out there for all to see.

One thing your posts prove...Palin's platitudes and empty rhetoric has influenced you to do the same.

As though this were a complicated matter. Any randomly selected American could do a better job than BO. All he or she would have to do is veto spending on stupid crap like turtle bridges, training Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly while working and tattoo removal. Programs like SS and Medicare need to be phased out over time and replaced with free market alternatives which force cost control and accountability. We should scrap our current trade agreements and start over from scratch since selling products in America is a privilege and should be treated as such. Paying people to not work has to end along with lavish retirement benefits for government workers. Throw in some school vouchers, kick out the illegals and we're about done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 10:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Yes she can! I mean there's enough dumbasses in this country to vote for her.

That's quite an ambitious goal but if I were her I'd start with the smaller things, like maybe learning the difference between North and South Korea?

There is, and this is exactly how the chosen one got his toe in the door.

This country is a ship of fools.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,974 times
Dream on.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't you get specific? C'mon...give us the insightful, wise and profound quotes of Palin on the issues that are relevant to Americans today. Let's have the links that give us a window into her great ideas and her solutions to the problems that face the average American. Let's have 'em. Put them out there for all to see.

One thing your posts prove...Palin's platitudes and empty rhetoric has influenced you to do the same.
I would ask the same about Obama. Give us the insightful, wise and profound quotes of Obama on the issues that are relevant to Americans today. Let's have the links that give us a window into his great ideas and his solutions to the problems that face the average American. Lets have 'em. Put them out there for all to see. Caution: Pick his quotes on a given day and don't look at them over time, because they change depending on the audience. They're so profound that he has the solution *personalized* for each audience. Palin could never -- more importantly -- would never lie to us that way. But, go ahead, tell us what makes him so profoundly exceptional, so good for the average American and for this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As though this were a complicated matter. Any randomly selected American could do a better job than BO. All he or she would have to do is veto spending on stupid crap like turtle bridges, training Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly while working and tattoo removal. Programs like SS and Medicare need to be phased out over time and replaced with free market alternatives which force cost control and accountability. We should scrap our current trade agreements and start over from scratch since selling products in America is a privilege and should be treated as such. Paying people to not work has to end along with lavish retirement benefits for government workers. Throw in some school vouchers, kick out the illegals and we're about done.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said she could defeat President Barack Obama in the 2012 election.

Mrs Palin made the declaration in an interview with ABC, one of several recently in which she has said she was weighing a presidential bid.

She told ABC she was "looking at the lay of the land".

BBC News - Sarah Palin says she could beat President Obama in 2012
Bring it on Sarah! I'm sure as a loyal and faithful American you'll have no problem giving up the multimillon dollar contract with Fox News, the $100,000 a pop speaking gigs and all the other perks.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,962 times
Default We can only pray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Bring it on Sarah! I'm sure as a loyal and faithful American you'll have no problem giving up the multimillon dollar contract with Fox News, the $100,000 a pop speaking gigs and all the other perks.
Keep praying fellow Dems, that Caribou Barbie truly is the choice of the GOP in 2012.....wouldn't it be lovely?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
You who want Obama for 4 more years must be doing better now than you did at the end of Bush's term. You have a job. You probably have a union that guarantees the rest of the nation will pay your wages, your benefits, your pensions. You like the redistribution of money in people's pockets -- as long as it's coming in to you, not going out. That's how a sense of enitlement is birthed.

Good luck with that when the money runs out and the country is broke. Maybe THEN you'll admit that anybody would be better than what we have now.

It's not saying much for Obama when one considers that Palin could actually beat him. Wouldn't that be lovely for sure. And far better for the country.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM

Default Not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You who want Obama for 4 more years must be doing better now than you did at the end of Bush's term. You have a job. You probably have a union that guarantees the rest of the nation will pay your wages, your benefits, your pensions. You like the redistribution of money in people's pockets -- as long as it's coming in to you, not going out. That's how a sense of enitlement is birthed.

Good luck with that when the money runs out and the country is broke. Maybe THEN you'll admit that anybody would be better than what we have now.

It's not saying much for Obama when one considers that Palin could actually beat him. Wouldn't that be lovely for sure. And far better for the country.
The new "Bauchman Babe" will make Caribou Barbie look like Phylis Schffley in no time!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Props to you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Is this spelling and grammar day here today? You think the chosen one can spell? I doubt it. He sure can't read. He claims to have taught the CONS at Harvard, a statement I highly doubt.

It so happens I am a graduate of Hard Knocks, dyslexic and hard of hearing, but I raise my food from harvest to harvest, can and do fix most anything man can make except watches and computers.

Start fire with flint and steel, plus fire bow, and hand make much my clothing and my wife's. Head to toe and every place between.

Captain William Clark said a man was uneducated if he couldn't spell any given word 15 different ways.

You folks are lucky i don't just spell my own way. I ain't no office laky, and was never taught to type, but that doesn't effect my thinking or lack there of, a bit.

Big deal you can spell and so can my secretary wife. I can start fire with 2 sticks. I hand make stone tools too, so I really don't care what modern people can do. I am set for life since I can adapt to any time in the last 10,000 years.

When this jerk in chief has you a beggar in the street, I will be working my forge hammering steel into swords. I went hungery for the system of injustice once, and I'll not do it again.

You just let me know how that spare change goes to spend your way to prosperity. I wish you the best luck on that.
But the majority of Americans are stuck in and around big cities. There are no animals to kill, and skin. We start fires with propane or charcoal and everyone but the wealthy classes are having a tough time. My spelling and grammer can get crazy in this forum...because we are typing too quickly and thinking ahead to our next thought. I for one, admire the very self-sufficient having had a father that was and a husband that is amazing at it (although he is also a corp exec)...he can do all you've mentioned and much, much more. Anyway, the props to you were sincere. We obviously don't vote the same, but I admire your mettle.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
most repubs know palin can't beat obama. if palin herself still thinks she can beat obama she truly is delusional. you would think the experience with her daughter's pregnancy would of helped her to live in reality but I guess not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections