Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM

75 posts, read 40,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I saw that interview with Tarpley late one night in some dark restaurant in
Chantily, VA and I agree with Tarpley regarding the horrible management of the campaign with too many family members involved who aren't competent and that has had a negative impact.

I draw the line though at his accusation that Ron Paul was running interference for Romney. There are plenty of interviews where Paul was asked if he'd ever endorse Romney and Paul has pretty much said probably not because they didn't agree on far too many issues. It is a shame though that he always pointed out then differences during interviews when fare fewer people were watching than during the debates.

I will say that I do feel a little used, having contributed to these last money bombs which were probably just used to pay the incompetents their gross 6 figure salaries.

I remember bringing this up at the beginning of the campaign on another forum that part of the problem in the last campaign was the staff! It turned out in this campaign nothing had changed as far as that went.
Nobody acknowledged my observation then because they probably did not want to believe it. Neither did I want to.

I'm still holding out until Tampa though. No one should throw in the towel yet. If Harding could get nominated in the 10th round of voting with only 34 delegates going in... and later elected as President with as little support as he had, there is a FAR GREATER chance that Ron Paul could be nominated as his support is SO much greater as is the number of delegates he'll have going in.
Reports are coming in from the Texas state convention and the word is they were VERY successful getting Ron Paul delegates ... the streets there are full of RP support. From the SD many reporting 2 to 3 delegates each. Only a few with one. When they get the numbers together they will go to the Daily Paul.

Last edited by N_M_156; 06-09-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 07:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
Reports are coming in from the Texas state convention and the word is they were VERY successful getting Ron Paul delegates ... the streets there are full of RP support. From the SD many reporting 2 to 3 delegates each. Only a few with one. When they get the numbers together they will go to the Daily Paul.
and where may I ask are you getting these numbers? They don't seem to be anywhere except in your head..Reports from the Paul camp or Paul blogs are not what count....

Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and where may I ask are you getting these numbers? They don't seem to be anywhere except in your head..Reports from the Paul camp or Paul blogs are not what count....
From people who are actually there... Like you're going to get accurate reports from the mainstream media...

Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
From people who are actually there... Like you're going to get accurate reports from the mainstream media...
of coruse those Paul supporters are telling the truth and all the MSM is lieing, is that what you are trying to tell us? Everyone is conspiring against Paul, they are all printing false information and only the actual Paul people are right? I think it is time to just let this whole thing die, at least on my end. You are bound and determined Paul is the nominee, you will still be saying that in November when he isn't on the ballot.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Awww, the poor wittle Paul supporters can't take reality. Yes, when things don't go your way, the media is the fault. It's not that Ron Paul has crazy ideas that aren't even accepted by his own party.

The guy is a massive loser.

It's great to see the delusion of the Paul followers. They blame everyone else but their own candidate. It's the media, the Republican Party, the democrats, the aliens, etc. They can't own up that the problem is their candidate and his ideas.

In the end though, it's nice to point out that Ron Paul and his followers have been the big losers on this election.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I've been looking at a lot of the 'Paul sites' and don't see much optimism there either.They aren't giving numbers just vague 'I think we did pretty good in Texas' statements.The DailyPaul site is telling people not to name names of Paul delegates or identify what congressional districts Paul supporters are winning in because they will become 'targets'.......which I guess means a lot of paul supporters running don't want others to know they are Paul supporters.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I've been looking at a lot of the 'Paul sites' and don't see much optimism there either.They aren't giving numbers just vague 'I think we did pretty good in Texas' statements.The DailyPaul site is telling people not to name names of Paul delegates or identify what congressional districts Paul supporters are winning in because they will become 'targets'.......which I guess means a lot of paul supporters running don't want others to know they are Paul supporters.
Odd since there are no Romney supporters to be found anywhere...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
Odd since there are no Romney supporters to be found anywhere...
Yes,our president should be determined by whoever has the greatest number of fan websites and bumpersticker sales.....

Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Yes,our president should be determined by whoever has the greatest number of fan websites and bumpersticker sales.....
The number of delegates actually... No fans, no delegates for Romney... Ron Paul takes Tampa.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
The number of delegates actually...
Well I guess we're done here then...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections