Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
...And not corrected under bush and deregulated under reagan
This makes absolutely no sense. Hence, it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 02:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. Hence, it does.

reagan was the first to start deregulating things and as pointed out Clinton was the one to sign it (along with GOP approval) but if it was such a bad thing why did'nt bush stop it?

Does that make sense to you?

Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
reagan was the first to start deregulating things and as pointed out Clinton was the one to sign it (along with GOP approval) but if it was such a bad thing why did'nt bush stop it?

Does that make sense to you?
No, just partisan drivel. Get a bib.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:39 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,533,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The op, a far left partisan, talking about what moderates want. Uh huh.
I agree

Old 06-04-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
There are many moderates in this country who might be willing to consider giving the Republicans a shot at trying to fix the economy, but the thing that stops them cold is the horrible reputation the Republicans have on social issues. They don't want to give Rebulicans control because they see what Republicans do and have desires to do to suppress women (subject them to invasive medically unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds, fight against equal pay for equal work, return to the practice of allowing medical insurance companies to charge more for women), suppress gays (by denying them the opportunity to marry and have their marriages recognized), suppress minorities (by passing laws that make every Hispanic looking person a suspect of being here illegally), suppress the poor (by cutting safety nets), suppress the elderly (by ruining Social Security through privitization and undermining Medicare), suppress voters (by trying every way they can to suppress voter turn-out and make it more difficult for citizens to vote). And on top of all that, you want to pad the bank accounts of the rich.

That is just too much to handle. The costs are too high to give the Republicans the White House to see if they could do a better job than Obama on the economy.

If Republicans were just fiscally conservative, that would be one thing. But, the socially conservative oppressive positions make Republicans completely repulsive. They take away freedoms and take away opportunities for advancement, and you lose a lot of votes you might otherwise get because of that.
You seem to have an agenda. Why are you speaking on behalf of moderates and independents?

Old 06-04-2012, 02:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, just partisan drivel. Get a bib.
I don't think you've one either. But hey, if one goes blaming Carter, Clinton and Obama being the problem then there's no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
You seem to have an agenda. Why are you speaking on behalf of moderates and independents?
To keep people like you at bay from speaking for them.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
How about we blame both sides, since both were complicit in the kind of deregulation and wasteful spending that got us where we are today?

Now we're faced with a question. Do we continue down the path of deregulation and revenue gutting that got us here, as the Republicans propose, or do we restore some sense of sanity to our financial system?

Old 06-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't think you've one either. But hey, if one goes blaming Carter, Clinton and Obama being the problem then there's no need for it.
You'll note a bit back that I stated that Bush will certainly get blamed also. Yes indeed, there are an equal many willing to give the GOP a pass on everything also.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

To keep people like you at bay from speaking for them.
I'm a proud right winger. I don't pretend to be moderate or independent, duh !

Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hate to bud in between you and your friend. But in a way yes he is right.

I have a cousin and some good friends who work at S.S. offices in this State and across the Country, Texas , Arizona, and N.Y.

I have been told over and over gain, that some people who are getting assistance, just do not want to better their lives in anyway. He said it is so sad, because they don't have a clue except for their assitance.

Do you know i was told so many pull fraud, by lying on their qualificiation papers for S.S. and disability.

And when these people are found out, they become hostile, violent, and in one case in the H.D. area of Ca, one idiot pulled out a gun, right there in the friggin S.S. Office. The security guards had to subdue the nutcase, and the police were called.

My cousin said so many of these people try to their best, to fake the system, but the system, will find them out.

Makes perfect sense to me, if someone is of a lazy nature, programs as some that exist, are going to further, the people being lazy. Not all people there are some who truly are deserving of it, and want to get off of it as fast as they can, as some i know who lost their jobs under this administration. Some nice Change ha!
People who are lazy, and believe me these people are out there, you should know this, they don't need a reason to be lazy, they just are.

For the ones who do get on assistance, because they truy need it at the moment, but work towards getting off of it, my respect goes to them.

I was a caseworker in Pa for 5 years and unfortunately there are some "frequent flyers" but there are some people that are really trying to do better. It is just sad that the media and some political types focus on the losers to make their point and further their own agendas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections