Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hello? Anyone home? They again, DID go bankrupt..
What happened to your idea of buy out by tax payers? It was yet another argument pulled out of thin air?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What happened to your idea of buy out by tax payers? It was yet another argument pulled out of thin air?
Another posting, another job educating.. I should get paid to do this..

The taxpayers DID buy them out.. or arent you aware of the stock warrants and options granted to the taxpayers either?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Its like I need to educate you on every single posting. Are you sure you're old enough to be here?
Your insecurity has ALWAYS amused me. Anyway...

Quote:
Profits on corporations were higher, but clearly we dont only tax corporations, we also profits from labor, and we have far fewer people working. Do you really need people to explain this to you?
How we tax did not change. Tax rates did. Then, why did federal tax revenues decline?

Quote:
I agree, it has nothing to do with it, but then I must ask why YOU brought it up..
I brought up GDP but YOU brought up gross sales versus profits... and how taxes are calculated. As much as you hate me repeat my posts, I hate it a bit more but the least I could do to help you read things you need to learn to... although, I can't really help you comprehend. Hence:

But GDP grew. Why didn't federal revenue? Average Growth in federal revenue by decade (constant 2005 dollars):
1981-1990: +2.21%
1991-2000: +4.41%
2001-2010: -1.47%

By Presidential Terms:
1981-1984: -0.34%
1985-1988: +4.91%
1989-1992: +0.84%
1993-1996: +4.89%
1997-2000: +6.81%
2001-2004: -4.07%
2005-2008: +4.26%
2009-2011*: -3.94%

Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Because we tax profits, not gross sales..
I think that smacking has taken its toll. We tax profits for corporations, which represents only a small part of federal revenue. We tax income fully, after deductions. The fact that tax revenue as a p% of GDP, which is lower than it should be, tells a great deal, regardless of your attempt to marginalize the measure. It's not because corporate profits are lower. In fact...
Corporate profits come in unexpectedly strong

Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think that smacking has taken its toll. We tax profits for corporations, which represents only a small part of federal revenue. We tax income fully, after deductions.
Can you say dah?
Quote:
Profits on corporations were higher, but clearly we dont only tax corporations, we also profits from labor, and we have far fewer people working.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Profits on corporations were higher, but clearly we dont only tax corporations, we also profits from labor, and we have far fewer people working.
It seems you are unwittingly confirming our position.
1. We have a revenue problem, not a spending problem.
2. Improve the economy and employment will improve and revenues will rise.
3. But even if revenues rise to Bush era levels, we'll still run deficits and therefore need tax increases.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
How we tax did not change. Tax rates did.
Nope.. as displayed to you before, but like a typical 5 year old, it needs repeating, tax revenues to the federal government remains rather consistant regardless of the tax rates. What changed is THE ECONOMY.
Quote:
Then, why did federal tax revenues decline?
Because there is less people working and a bad economy. What planet do you live on that you need to be educated with every posting?
Quote:
I brought up GDP but YOU brought up gross sales versus profits...
As usual, I brought up gross vs profits AFTER you brought up the GDP.. Try to follow along with the thread. This is what I posted where you went into lala land about the GDP.
Quote:
Bull ****.. federal revenues are low because of the ECONOMY, not the tax rates, while spending has climbed by 25% over the last THREE YEARS ALONE...
Quote:
As much as you hate me repeat my posts, I hate it a bit more but the least I could do to help you read things you need to learn to... although, I can't really help you comprehend. Hence:
I hate you repeating them because you dont respond at all to what was said, and always go into kookland. And when its pointed out that your reply has nothing to do what what you're responding to, you requote it, as if it sounds more intelligent the second time around.

Trust me, it doesnt.
Quote:
But GDP grew. Why didn't federal revenue? Average Growth in federal revenue by decade (constant 2005 dollars):
WE DONT TAX GDP DOLLARS.. Where on gods earth did you get your education from?

Last edited by pghquest; 06-05-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
It seems you are unwittingly confirming our position.
1. We have a revenue problem, not a spending problem.
If the federal government returned to spending levels from JUST A COUPLE YEARS AGO, the deficit would be about 25% of current levels, and when the economy improved that 25% would easily be recovered by them SPENDING less on things like social programs. The lack of income is MINOR compared to the TRILLION DOLLARS they are spending in excess.
Quote:
2. Improve the economy and employment will improve and revenues will rise.
Absolutely true, but you cant improve the economy nor employment by taking money out of the economy to stimulate. ITS NEVER WORKED. Ok, it might have worked in nations that can run surpluses, but WE NEVER DO.. Not even during Clinton did we, despite your claim that we did.
Quote:
3. But even if revenues rise to Bush era levels, we'll still run deficits and therefore need tax increases.
Why is that? BECAUSE WE'RE SPENDING TOO MUCH..

Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
WE DONT TAX GDP DOLLARS.. Where on gods earth did you get your education from?
Where in the world did you read that someone was discussing about taxing GDP dollars? Wait... you don't learn. You can't! You do, however, seek shelter by pulling things out of thin air. But, I'm heartless when it comes to such people.

So... we don't tax GDP dollars. Nobody has said we did or should. Now, what we do, however, is measure revenue AND spending as a percentage of GDP. We expect tax revenue to rise as economy does, the GDP does. But, occasionally it doesn't. And frequently (since 2001) it didn't. THAT is what people are trying to get thru to you.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Where in the world did you read that someone was discussing about taxing GDP dollars? Wait... you don't learn. You can't! You do, however, seek shelter by pulling things out of thin air. But, I'm heartless when it comes to such people.

So... we don't tax GDP dollars. Nobody has said we did or should. Now, what we do, however, is measure revenue AND spending as a percentage of GDP. We expect tax revenue to rise as economy does, the GDP does. But, occasionally it doesn't. And frequently (since 2001) it didn't. THAT is what people are trying to get thru to you.
YOU asked why revenues to the federal government went down, despite GDP growing.. If you are now saying again that one thing has nothing to do with the other, (thereby confirming what I said is correct) then why are you spending so much time babbling useless information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections