Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But, has housing prices really fallen? I know buying a home cost has dropped, but as more people leave homeownership and move into renting, this inflates the cost of rent.. You gain on one, lose on the other.

Rents are up, and i am getting more on my rentals right now. One i will not raise the rent, the tenants, are unbeleivable tenants, so their rent will stay put no matter what.

But i have a house in O.C. being rented out for $2,500 a mo. And some houses are asking more. The home is 3,279 sq ft. Beautiful yard, with deck and spa, and a putting green. Really nice, but that is what i am getting for that one. Could get more even, but why. Inland Empire i am getting for another rental 1,800 for rent. And some are higher then my price. But i have management handling the properties, except we do any repairs that have to be fix, we take care of. Made sure of that or i would not sign with a management company, the guy is so nice.

That he actually hires my hubby who can do anything, and i meant that, for some jobs on apartment complexes, and other homes he has. Great Making money off of our Rental Management Co.
I would say rentals are up, while in some areas out here home prices are selling rather quickly and fast. While so many areas, are bombarded with bank owned properties still. Making values plummet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Republicans don't know how to run an economy. They fail miserably anytime one of these clueless suckers gets into the White House. George Bush was the latest. Romney is no different.

I find it appalling that Republicans think that the American public is willing to give them a chance when they have shown that they have regressed since the Bush years. Tea party, neanderthal obstructionists, lousy GOP presidential candidate field, idiot goon for a nominee, and absolutely no indication that they have changed their ways. They are still the same ineffective, bigoted party intent on protecting the rich to the detriment of everyone else.

Republicans like to go to war abroad to hide the fact that they don't know what the hell they are doing on the economy and every other domestic area across the board. They like to keep the country's attention on fear and war while making the rich richer.
Throwing fits isn't going to fix anything.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:04 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
There are many moderates in this country who might be willing to consider giving the Republicans a shot at trying to fix the economy, but the thing that stops them cold is the horrible reputation the Republicans have on social issues. They don't want to give Rebulicans control because they see what Republicans do and have desires to do to suppress women (subject them to invasive medically unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds, fight against equal pay for equal work, return to the practice of allowing medical insurance companies to charge more for women), suppress gays (by denying them the opportunity to marry and have their marriages recognized), suppress minorities (by passing laws that make every Hispanic looking person a suspect of being here illegally), suppress the poor (by cutting safety nets), suppress the elderly (by ruining Social Security through privitization and undermining Medicare), suppress voters (by trying every way they can to suppress voter turn-out and make it more difficult for citizens to vote). And on top of all that, you want to pad the bank accounts of the rich.

That is just too much to handle. The costs are too high to give the Republicans the White House to see if they could do a better job than Obama on the economy.

If Republicans were just fiscally conservative, that would be one thing. But, the socially conservative oppressive positions make Republicans completely repulsive. They take away freedoms and take away opportunities for advancement, and you lose a lot of votes you might otherwise get because of that.

Social issues? WHO CARES?

THe issues of abortion, gay marriage, and all the other liberal "bit*h" issues make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in the scheme of things. WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS JOBS AND THE ECONOMY.

Gay marriage and abortion are not high priorities if you are unemployed and starving. Obama is a fast track pathway to the US being a third world nation. The man is an incompetent amateur who has no clue about the nature of the economy, business, and what drives the nation. He is a fool who has supported "social issues" and neglected EVERYTHING ELSE THAT REALLY MATTERS.

Do you think that the average voter, if unemployed and unable to provide for his family, gives a crap about gay marriage, abortion, and global warming? HELL NO!

Dump Obama and return to sanity. The liberals will be happy again, as they can protest a "mean spirited" conservative while they have full bellies, parents who are employed and can support them, and the time off from work to bit*h. Then they will be happy.

Wake up.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Impressive contributions. I'm sure your posts reflect what right wingers are all about.

Now only if you understood a difference between controlled demolition versus uncontrolled state of affairs requiring a fix. But that issue pretty much defines what goes on in the right wing world.
Maybe you can't understand a fool trying to run an economy. President Obama has been a failure with this economy. The "Bush" recession ended in June 2009. Obama's record spending started shortly after the recession was already over. Understand so far? Obama told us the massive spending increases had to be approved immediately to keep unemployment under 8%. Unemployment has been over 8% ever since. There are over 1 million less people working since the end of the recession. That is all on Obama. Too complicated?

Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
There are many moderates in this country who might be willing to consider giving the Republicans a shot at trying to fix the economy, but the thing that stops them cold is the horrible reputation the Republicans have on social issues.
Social Issues? Lets see....

Quote:
They don't want to give Rebulicans control because they see what Republicans do and have desires to do to suppress women (subject them to invasive medically unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds,
Have you even had or seen an ultrasound in use? You do realize that abortion is murder of an innocent dont you? Oh your one of those blob of tissue folk, whatever eases your guilt.

Quote:
fight against equal pay for equal work,
Hey I am all for equal pay for equal work, come on over to my job and if you can do what I can you deserve the same pay as me, male or female.

Quote:
return to the practice of allowing medical insurance companies to charge more for women),
Really?

Quote:
suppress gays (by denying them the opportunity to marry and have their marriages recognized),
Hey they are willing to whatever they want just dont expect or force others to recognize their perversion as normmal. And by the way marriage is one man and one woman, you know husband and wife not husband and husband or wife and wife.

Quote:
suppress minorities (by passing laws that make every Hispanic looking person a suspect of being here illegally),
Really? Passing Laws? From what I have seen and heard is that the only time they are questioned is when they are breaking laws.

Quote:
suppress the poor (by cutting safety nets),
Safety nets or hand outs? Hey I get food stamps does that mean I am poor or suppressed?

Quote:
suppress the elderly (by ruining Social Security through privitization and undermining Medicare),
Suppressing? I think the private sector is much more capable than the government.

Quote:
suppress voters (by trying every way they can to suppress voter turn-out and make it more difficult for citizens to vote).
How?

Quote:
And on top of all that, you want to pad the bank accounts of the rich.
You do realize the rich are the job creators, dont you?

Quote:
That is just too much to handle. The costs are too high to give the Republicans the White House to see if they could do a better job than Obama on the economy.
It would be really hard for them to do worse than Obama. I mean 4+trillion in 3 years, Bush didnt even do that in 8.

Quote:
If Republicans were just fiscally conservative, that would be one thing. But, the socially conservative oppressive positions make Republicans completely repulsive. They take away freedoms and take away opportunities for advancement, and you lose a lot of votes you might otherwise get because of that.
You know I considered laughing at you but I realized I have more respect for myself than that and decided to address your misgivings.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Social Issues? Lets see....

Quote:
You do realize the rich are the job creators, dont you?
No, I don't.
Nick Hanauer TED Presentation About Why Rich People Aren't Job Creators - Business Insider

Quote:
suppress the elderly (by ruining Social Security through privitization and undermining Medicare),
Quote:
Suppressing? I think the private sector is much more capable than the government.
There was a time when Social Security did not exist and the responsibility for the elderly was the private sector. That was a disaster. The elderly were destitute, often starving. To address this failing FDR created Social Security. Now, I know so many seniors enjoying their golden years. History doesn't support you faith in the private sector when it comes to caring for the elderly.

Quote:
You know I considered laughing at you but I realized I have more respect for myself than that and decided to address your misgivings.
Yes, you're a real legend in your own mind.

Last edited by MTAtech; 06-01-2012 at 07:31 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

No, I don't.
Nick Hanauer TED Presentation About Why Rich People Aren't Job Creators - Business Insider

There was a time when Social Security did not exist and the responsibility for the elderly was the private sector. That was a disaster. The elderly were destitute, often starving. To address this failing FDR created Social Security. Now, I know so many seniors enjoying their golden years. History doesn't support you faith in the private sector when it comes to caring for the elderly.

Yes, you're a real legend in your own mind.
You over tax the rich, jobs disappear, whoa like now because the rich are already over taxed so they have to make cutbacks so they can overpay a government that is out of control.

Social Security is bankrupt and it is only being supported by overtaxing without representation. Now what did history say about that? Revolution? Lets see, USSR, European Union, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, just to name a few.

Oh I am by far no legend, just a man trying to support his family in an economy that is trashed.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
You over tax the rich, jobs disappear, whoa like now because the rich are already over taxed so they have to make cutbacks so they can overpay a government that is out of control.

Social Security is bankrupt and it is only being supported by overtaxing without representation. Now what did history say about that? Revolution? Lets see, USSR, European Union, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, just to name a few.

Oh I am by far no legend, just a man trying to support his family in an economy that is trashed.
Where is the evidence regarding your assertion about taxing the rich? Those who argue that higher rates hurt job creation, I would note that a net of nearly 40 million jobs were added between 1980 and 2000. You know what’s happened since then: lower tax rates and far lower job creation. Thus, there is no evidence to support your claim.

Social Security is not bankrupt. The last time I checked, I vote for federal representatives -- that's representation.

You can believe in facts or you can believe in myths. It's so sad that most on the right believe in myths.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Where is the evidence regarding your assertion about taxing the rich? Those who argue that higher rates hurt job creation, I would note that a net of nearly 40 million jobs were added between 1980 and 2000. You know what’s happened since then: lower tax rates and far lower job creation. Thus, there is no evidence to support your claim.

Social Security is not bankrupt. The last time I checked, I vote for federal representatives -- that's representation.

You can believe in facts or you can believe in myths. It's so sad that most on the right believe in myths.
Social Security is so bankrupt that the amount of debt they hold makes the federal debt look like charging a can of coke.

Or are you counting like the government counts it, which is that they have no obligation to pay people back, thus there is no debt? If you cant understand that tens of millions of people pay into something that has no money left, then why should I take anything you say seriously?

Old 06-02-2012, 03:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:

The more I read these posts the more delusional they get! Social security does not have enough funding to pay all the promised future benefits, does it?
Social Security and Medicare Could Run Out Sooner Than Expected - ABC News
Plus there is no money in the social security trust fund, only IOU's from the federal government. Disability insurance will run out of money by 2016.
Social Security disability trust fund projected to run out of cash by 2016 - The Washington Post
The top tax rate in 1980 was 70%. Drastically lower rates through the 80's and 90's is what produced the jobs you talk about. The problems started with the Clinton internet bubble bursting at the end of 1999, the terrorist attack of 2001 and the democrat led housing debacle of 2007. Nothing to do with tax rates falling.
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfa....cfm?Docid=213
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections