Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Most Americans of voting age who possess an IQ greater than their shoe size understand the GOP economic "policy" is the same tax cuts/trickle-down/deregulation slop that resulted in the current Great Recession.
Lobotomies are not covered in the republican healthcare program, because they sure as hell forgot that the "trickle down theory" aka "voodooo economics" did not work for reagan or the bushes but yet they are still trying to push it through
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is indeed more to housing than the price of houses. I imagine rent is up. Not to the rate that housing has fell.
With rent being up, and more people renting, this would increase the average cost of housing overall. I'm speculating here because I dont know how its accounded for in regards to federal accounting standards.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Lobotomies are not covered in the republican healthcare program, because they sure as hell forgot that the "trickle down theory" aka "voodooo economics" did not work for reagan or the bushes but yet they are still trying to push it through
So tricke down only worked for Clinton?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How about that?

Productivity was on the rise. Did the workers get a slice of that productivity gain? No.

The middle-class were doing the best during the historical period when unionism was the strongest. Those gains were eroded starting with Reagan. Since then, income has been more and more concentrated in the very wealthy.

How someone who is a "retired marine" backs the corporate class and wealthy class over the interests of average workers is beyond logic.

He is getting a military retirement/Social security with benefits and does not consdered to be among the poor

Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
As has Obama. QE programs are nothing more than trickle down programs. Trickle down does work when something is being produced.

There have been many that hjave benefited from the things produced by say, Apple. Only Wall Street is benefiting from the QE program.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
With rent being up, and more people renting, this would increase the average cost of housing overall. I'm speculating here because I dont know how its accounded for in regards to federal accounting standards.
I'm fairly certain rent is included. As I note though, rent is likely up which is one of the things keeping inflation above zero or less.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Reagan's recovery makes Obama's recovery look like a snail crawling uphill.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Republicans don't deserve consideration

Republicans don't know how to run an economy. They fail miserably anytime one of these clueless suckers gets into the White House. George Bush was the latest. Romney is no different.

I find it appalling that Republicans think that the American public is willing to give them a chance when they have shown that they have regressed since the Bush years. Tea party, neanderthal obstructionists, lousy GOP presidential candidate field, idiot goon for a nominee, and absolutely no indication that they have changed their ways. They are still the same ineffective, bigoted party intent on protecting the rich to the detriment of everyone else.

Republicans like to go to war abroad to hide the fact that they don't know what the hell they are doing on the economy and every other domestic area across the board. They like to keep the country's attention on fear and war while making the rich richer.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The op, a far left partisan, talking about what moderates want. Uh huh.
Quote:
Says the leftist from Oregon.
Quote:
Meanwhile, as unemployment has ticked up, again, your boy is off to six fundraisers rather than doing the job he claims he was elected to do.
Impressive contributions. I'm sure your posts reflect what right wingers are all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Reagan's recovery makes Obama's recovery look like a snail crawling uphill.
Now only if you understood a difference between controlled demolition versus uncontrolled state of affairs requiring a fix. But that issue pretty much defines what goes on in the right wing world.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:44 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No. My response was to pg who was claiming that social programs make people lazy and not want to work.
to a large extent, he is correct. There are MILLIONS of inner city people across this country woh are dependent on government handouts.....they grew up with it...it is a way of life for them. There is no point in denying this because it is true.

I'd say that pretty much makes his point MORE than valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections