Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Actually they outlawed people's ability to choose for themselves. Just another decision that needs thrown out.
It is illegal to discriminate against non-whites.

Not fair...but that's America for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 09:42 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So basically you believe you have a right to another persons property? That's what your position amounts to. If a business owner doesn't want someone on their property that is their right. If they can't regulate their own property then they can't properly call it theirs. They don't really own it. If I own a business and the land that's on it, that is my property. Just like I have the right to deny anyone I want access to my house (which is also MY property) I should have the right to deny anyone access to my business for whatever reason I choose. If not, I can't really say I own the property.
You and I will just disagree on this issue. I dont want to live in a society where I can be denied services because of my skin color. i'm very happy the government forces you to service me.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:25 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,344 times
Default Gary Johnson kept out of debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
He ran for the Republican nomination this year and got less than 1% of the vote. His best hope would be to inherit Ron Paul's supporters should he ever retire.
Of course he will have low numbers when he is barred from debates & polls. Zogby poll about 10 days ago had him at 5.3% nationwide average. This is better odds than Ron Paul. Ron & Rand Paul endorsed Romney. Gary Johnson will be speaking at Paul Fest in Tampa, just prior to RNC.

Already there are many Ron Paulites for Gary Johnson doing You Tube videos.

Gary Johnson has raised about $150,000 lately for the purpose of getting into the October debates.

Gary Johnson was a very popular 2 term governor. NM is 2/3 Democratic. He beat the incumbent Democrat and they loved "Governor Veto" so much he won 2nd term by a wide margin. He saved them many millions. He vetoed more bills totally or partially (line item) than all other 49 governors combined! He inherired a deficit and left the state with a surplus. And he repeatedly lowered taxes.

Besides his website garyjohnson2012 dot com/ Wikipedia is getting many Gary Johnson searches. There are 40 videos by his campaign and many more by supporters on You Tube.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:29 AM

Default Please see his website

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Immigration

I get "open borders" feel from him. While he's never said it out right I distrust libertarians on the immigration issue because most true believer libertarians usually end up supporting open borders.

He's also a paper tiger on the Federal Reserve, supports "humanitarian" wars, and he supports government back gay marriages.

He has a compromise or middle ground position on immigration. It is detailed fully on his site.

A paper tiger on the Federal Reserve? Actually "End the Fed' is a goal, IIRC. He just doesn't need to do it immediately as they won't get orders for more money if he is president. Gary Johnson promises a balanced budget 1st year. He would end the IRS & Dept of Educ.

No personal & corporate income taxes. The 23% nat'l sales tax would likely have many exemptions: business to business, poor, most food, used items. All govt depts/programs would be cut 43% because we borrow 43 cents of each dollar we spend. No more borrowing. Other Federal tax, 100% on re-legalized cannabis (126 medical uses known), which would make it 90% cheaper

"Supports humanitarian wars". See his video "Peace is cheaper. Elect Peace". Diplomacy is a win-win. He would be more likely to support a war if other countries shared cost & provided troops. He is more anti-war as any previous president, AFAIK. Defense budget would be cut 43% to 2003 level.

"Supports government back gay marriages." He supports the 100% equally. This man has no hate. He has details about gay marriage on his site, explaining why Feds shouldn't interfere. I don't think there is anything in the Constitution against gay marriage. Gary Johnson wants to restore all rights for everyone.

As he puts it, I'm pro-everything, except harming or endangering others or their property.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 AM

Default Please see garyjohnson website

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i believe libertarianism is just darwinism, and if blacks are living in that type of society, we would basically be going back to the 1950's.
Libertarianism is favoring the 100% equally, no hate, and all Constitutional rights restored for all.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
relying on taxing consumption would lower consumption, create a black market and be a burden on those who spend the greatest percentage of their income on consumption. In short, he has disastrous economic idea.

So, personal liberty: Yes. Economics: No way, Jose.
There is nothing disastrous about a fair tax.

Funny, you talk about a black market without the IRS, failure to pay tax... yet,
what do you think we have now..... with almost 50 percent not paying federal tax
consuming the most of what federal tax dollars pay for

Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post

The 23% nat'l sales tax would likely have many exemptions:
I'll be the first to say 23 percent is too high for a national sales tax. 10-15 percent seems fair to me
no exemptions.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 AM

Default Try taking a little test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
and that my friend is going back to the 1950's. That is what happened. Blacks were denied because of of their skin color, otherwise known owners having the right to serve who they want. You can't guarantee it won't happen, so i'm definitely against all libertarians.
Gary Johnson would end the phony war on some drugs (people) that arrests large numbers of blacks.

Gary Johnson cares about you, I guarantee it! He's like give me your poor & middle class, give me your gays, give me your protesters, give me your potheads/druggies & medicinal users, give me your racial minorities, give me your church people of any religion, your atheists, your Constitution lovers, homeless people, etc. He'll gladly take the votes Republicans lost when they felt the need to tell who they hate.

Gary Johnson has a short video "Tolerance is American" at garyjohnson2012 dot com or You Tube.

Here's a test to find out if you're more Libertarian than you think: ISideWith.com

Old 07-30-2012, 03:32 AM

Default 23% may be too high

[quote=pollyrobin;25401193]I'll be the first to say 23 percent is too high for a national sales tax. 10-15 percent seems fair to me
no exemptions.[/quote

But would 10%-15% be just as high overall with no exemptions? Very poor pay 10-15% if their income is $5,000 a year? Tax all used goods 10%-15%? 10-15% tax on all food?

I don't know how to figure the best deal for the public, but if the Libertarian ideal is same rights for all, then maybe OK. Someone making $5,000 a year, paying 10-15% tax on all food, used items. Who would help them survive? Would there still be govt subsidized housing? govt health care? Or privately owned health care free to the very poor? Financial cash assistance? Might it depend mostly on state decisions? Would charities provide enough? Might we expect Congress to have lengthy discussion with many changes?

Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post

But would 10%-15% be just as high overall with no exemptions?
If one would spend all of their $5000, they would pay $500 yearly in taxes.
That leaves them $4500 for their expenses. If they can't survive on
that, I guess they have to get a second job Or maybe eat less or
grow their own vegetables.

Don't know what to tell the poor, except, guess what... we are all poor.
Pay your fair share.

And the government can't spend what they don't get...or really have.

*Nat'l sales tax is not based on "used goods"

Last edited by pollyrobin; 07-30-2012 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections