Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

Governor Gary Johnson's Speech - CPAC 2011 - YouTube

I can't figure out why this guy shouldn't be president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
First off, this is not YouTube. The mods need to stop these threads that are just videos with no context or comment. How about you either post or link to Johnson's Platform?

Now as for the question you asked:
I like his policies towards internet freedom, ending the drug war, civil liberties an most of his kind-of naive foreign policy stances. However, his economic, taxation and government spending policies are phoned-in talking points that assume private resources will step up and provide infrastructure, education and other services that have not historically been profitable. Also, relying on taxing consumption would lower consumption, create a black market and be a burden on those who spend the greatest percentage of their income on consumption. In short, he has disastrous economic idea.

So, personal liberty: Yes. Economics: No way, Jose.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Governor Gary Johnson's Speech - CPAC 2011 - YouTube

I can't figure out why this guy shouldn't be president.
He ran for the Republican nomination this year and got less than 1% of the vote. His best hope would be to inherit Ron Paul's supporters should he ever retire.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,051 times
Don't agree with his support for Israel
Don't agree with his support for homosexual marriage,government doesn't need to be involved in marriage
Don't agree with his support for "humanitarian" wars
He only wants to audit the fed I think the fed needs destroyed.

I MIGHT give him a chance come November simply to make sure my vote is recorded and its against the 2 idiots running and it might actually help the Libertarian party.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
First off, this is not YouTube. The mods need to stop these threads that are just videos with no context or comment. How about you either post or link to Johnson's Platform?

Now as for the question you asked:
I like his policies towards internet freedom, ending the drug war, civil liberties an most of his kind-of naive foreign policy stances. However, his economic, taxation and government spending policies are phoned-in talking points that assume private resources will step up and provide infrastructure, education and other services that have not historically been profitable. Also, relying on taxing consumption would lower consumption, create a black market and be a burden on those who spend the greatest percentage of their income on consumption. In short, he has disastrous economic idea.

So, personal liberty: Yes. Economics: No way, Jose.
Yeah, posting a speech by the man as he tells you who he is and what he stands for is completely out of line. I've totally ruined the integrity of this forum.

As long as we are being anal and off topic...Internet is spelled with a capital "I".

Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,471 times
I actually am ok with Johnson. He could derail Obama in New Mexico and maybe some other western swing states.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
The part where he thinks he can win.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The part where he thinks he can win.
Thinking he can win is an issue that is part of his party's platform?

Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Don't agree with his support for Israel
Don't agree with his support for homosexual marriage,government doesn't need to be involved in marriage
Don't agree with his support for "humanitarian" wars
He only wants to audit the fed I think the fed needs destroyed.
Agreed.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
He ran for the Republican nomination this year and got less than 1% of the vote. His best hope would be to inherit Ron Paul's supporters should he ever retire.
Most of the Paul supporters here have said they would not support him based on his foreign policies...I am sure they have other concerns, I know I do, but I certainly like much of what he stands for and he was a good governor. I think my main concern, among other things is his vies on amnesty.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections