Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Releasing more of his tax returns is of no interest to me, we already know who Romney is and how he got wealthy. All you guys want is a public tax audit, because then you can nitpick his returns, and try and have some other nonsensical issue to blather about, and NOT talk about jobs, the economy, the middle East, illegal immigration, debt, deficits, and a lawless 0bama regime.

If you think someone as rich as Romney has gone ten years w/o scrutiny from the IRS, then you are an idiot. Catching rich guys like Romney is how the IRS pays the bills. Besides, he has been a governor, ran for the senate, ran for the presidency, and yet you think he has somehow escaped IRS scrutiny????

There is no reason we need to expand voting days for the Ohio people who are residing in the state. They can already vote absentee or vote in person on election day. The military may be able to justify the extra time because they are not always in the country much less in their home state. 0bama just wants to create a window of opportunity to create voter mischief.
He gave McCain 14 years worth of his tax returns when Mitt was on his short list for VP and McCain went with Palin. That speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Whoa now. On another thread you claimed that this is the new campaign system that we need to get over it. You made the excuse that the Repubs did it first so oh well right?
I challenge you why is it wrong for Romney but right for the Dems to use reid to lie?

I didn't say that, did I? I merely said that if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. But, that does NOT make it good for the country, does it?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
WHy wont Rommney release his taxes? He could end all the speculation be wont. WHAT IS HE HIDING!!!

...and why don't RWNJs care? Hmmm Suckling up to the rich guy as usual.

"What do you have to hide" is the time-honored refrain of the fascist. Thank you for outing yourself.

Plenty to Hide

Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
WHy wont Rommney release his taxes? He could end all the speculation be wont. WHAT IS HE HIDING!!!

...and why don't RWNJs care? Hmmm Suckling up to the rich guy as usual.
I expect you to post a scan of your tax return on this forum - you have the opportunity to prove that you aren't hiding any questionable assets and that you truly have paid your fair share. What are you waiting for? You could end all the speculation that you are being dishonest with just a few minutes of time.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I didn't say that, did I? I merely said that if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. But, that does NOT make it good for the country, does it?
Correct.. The issue at hand is both parties do this game. They do it for 1 reason and that is to mislead the public.
The public being the boss allegedly...
If I am a supervisor and I have employees lying to me what would I do? What would you do? I would get rid of them.
How can we the people vote intellegently when so many lies are flying? Some of us the minority will do our own research. Try to make an informed decision and then cast our vote. In the end our selection is based upon who the 2 major parties allow us to choose from. That by my thinking is called a stacked deck.
The end result is we the people are not represented at all.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
This is just his latest lie:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...ent-obamas-ca/

Why is this behavior acceptable?
Why is it that Obama followers can't do math, see racists everywhere, and give a pass to ALL democrats when they lie.

Q: How do you blind an Obama follower?

A: Put a D in front of them

Both sides need to clean up their acts. Unfortunately when republicans/moderates/independents try to clean up government, and call themselves the Tea party, they become targets for both sides. Shame on you.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Romney lies to his own supporters and party, so of course he's going to lie about his opponent. He will literally say anything or do anything to be president. He's Gollum and the presidency is his precious.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Releasing more of his tax returns is of no interest to me, we already know who Romney is and how he got wealthy. All you guys want is a public tax audit, because then you can nitpick his returns, and try and have some other nonsensical issue to blather about, and NOT talk about jobs, the economy, the middle East, illegal immigration, debt, deficits, and a lawless 0bama regime.

If you think someone as rich as Romney has gone ten years w/o scrutiny from the IRS, then you are an idiot. Catching rich guys like Romney is how the IRS pays the bills. Besides, he has been a governor, ran for the senate, ran for the presidency, and yet you think he has somehow escaped IRS scrutiny????

There is no reason we need to expand voting days for the Ohio people who are residing in the state. They can already vote absentee or vote in person on election day. The military may be able to justify the extra time because they are not always in the country much less in their home state. 0bama just wants to create a window of opportunity to create voter mischief.

Afraid of what Romney's tax returns will reveal, huh?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Afraid of what Romney's tax returns will reveal, huh?
He's probably not releasing them because he knows he will take a bigger hit for what's in them than for getting hit on hiding his returns.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Obama has demonstrated that he is The Great Prevaricator, and you worry about this from Romney? Romney has astutely pointed out that Obama does not agree that the military should have a little more time the rest of the Ohio electorate, although they are stationed around the globe. That is not a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections