Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
This is just his latest lie:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...ent-obamas-ca/

Why is this behavior acceptable?
It's not morally acceptable, but repubs believe they can get away with baldfaced fabrications because their base owns the major media, and their hope is that Americans are indolent enough to rely on this media for their "news" and information. Notice the pathetic Sunday TV "discussions" where right-wingers are seldom challenged. It's because without people like George Will, Roger Ailes, Grover Norquist, Carl Rove, etc, they have no show. News-for-profit gets you no news at all. They must please the guests or they won't show up.

I may have missed this, but it seems that no "reporter" or moderator will ask why McCain saw 20 years of Mitt's tax returns, but nobody else can. Or pointed out that Romney has demanded tax returns from his opponents over the years.

There was a time when the Republican Party was honorable, but it has slipped into what we have today - a broker for the super wealthy desperately trying to gain control of this country's affairs. Mitt is their tool, and will do their bidding if elected.
Bottom line - if you own the major media and see a lie as a valid tool, you can say anything you want. Conservative pragmatism?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-06-2012 at 08:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:

He has the same handlers that W. had (notorious liars) and he is serial flip flopper, changing his position to suit his audience, so for someone with little or no moral fiber like Romney, lying comes easy, it is effortless and he does it without even thinking.

What makes it so pervasive is that lying, as a deliberate strategy, means it is hard to keep track of all your lies, as these are not your beliefs, and you only say what is necessary to please a target audience, and once you start with this strategy, you are bound to it. Little lies become big lies, and big lies become huge lies.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He has the same handlers that W. had (notorious liars) and he is serial flip flopper, changing his position to suit his audience, so for someone with little or no moral fiber like Romney, lying comes easy, it is effortless and he does it without even thinking.

What makes it so pervasive is that lying, as a deliberate strategy, means it is hard to keep track of all your lies, as these are not your beliefs, and you only say what is necessary to please a target audience, and once you start with this strategy, you are bound to it. Little lies become big lies, and big lies become huge lies.
He is an etch a sketch.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:

You accept the same behavior from Obama, so why would you apply a double-standard like an hypocrite?

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

That's four pages of Obama-Liesâ„¢.

Here's more not yet included in those:

Quote:
Obama Trade Document Leaked, Revealing New Corporate Powers And Broken Campaign Promises

WASHINGTON -- A critical document from President Barack Obama's free trade negotiations with eight Pacific nations was leaked online early Wednesday morning, revealing that the administration intends to bestow radical new political powers upon multinational corporations, contradicting prior promises.
Obama Trade Document Leaked, Revealing New Corporate Powers And Broken Campaign Promises

And you can read more about Obama's lies here:

http://www.citizenstrade.org/ctc/wp-...investment.pdf

When you start holding everyone to the same standard, I'll think you'll find things working out differently....and better for you.

Oh, how I could I forget, here's another Obama-Lieâ„¢.....I wouldn't want you to miss one...

Read this:

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

One of many lies that Obama tells is here....

Quote:
And I understand why they wouldn’t want to pay more in taxes. Nobody likes to pay more in taxes. Here's the problem: If you continue their tax breaks, that costs a trillion dollars. And since we're trying to bring down our deficit and our debt, if we spend a trillion dollars on tax cuts for them, we're going to have to find that trillion dollars someplace else. That means we're going to have to maybe make student loans more expensive for students. Or we might have to cut back on the services we're providing our brave veterans when they come home.
[emphasis mine]

Your source data is here...

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/12inw...omeprlim10.pdf

....and look on Page 8-10 in Acrobat (Page 12-14 Actual).

Table 1. Individual Income Tax Returns, Tax Year 2010 Preliminary Data: Selected Income and Tax Items, by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

2,739,048 Tax returns filed for wage earners over $250,000

$1,858,618,430,000 --- that's $1.85 TRILLION AGI (Adjusted Gross Income).

They paid $440,928,576,000 in taxes or $440 Billion for a marginal rate of 35% but an average rate of about 23.7%. If the Obama Tax Cuts expire, then it reverts to the old rate of 38.6% (for 2002). Assuming you'd actually get 38.6% (you won't) then you'd collect (in theory) $714 Billion which is an increase of ~$275 Billion. In reality, you'd only collect ~ $505 Billion or about $60 Billion more.

The 2001 rate was 39.1% so theoretically $723 Billion but in reality $536 Billion. And then it was 39.6% from 1993-2000 so theoretically $732 Billion but in reality $547 Billion.

If The Boy Kingâ„¢ wasn't lying, then he's too stupid to know the difference between $547 Billion and $1 TRILLION and $732 Billion and $1 TRILLION.

I've seen flattened aluminum soda cans smarter than Obama.

So when are you going to get upset about Obama-Liesâ„¢?

Questioning...

Mircea

Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Obama has demonstrated that he is The Great Prevaricator, and you worry about this from Romney? Romney has astutely pointed out that Obama does not agree that the military should have a little more time the rest of the Ohio electorate, although they are stationed around the globe. That is not a lie.

If none of that is a lie, then you shouldn't have any trouble proving it....right?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You accept the same behavior from Obama, so why would you apply a double-standard like an hypocrite?

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

That's four pages of Obama-Lies™.

Here's more not yet included in those:

And you can read more about Obama's lies here:

http://www.citizenstrade.org/ctc/wp-...investment.pdf

When you start holding everyone to the same standard, I'll think you'll find things working out differently....and better for you.

Oh, how I could I forget, here's another Obama-Lie™.....I wouldn't want you to miss one...

Read this:

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia | The White House

One of many lies that Obama tells is here....

[emphasis mine]

Your source data is here...

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/12inw...omeprlim10.pdf

....and look on Page 8-10 in Acrobat (Page 12-14 Actual).

Table 1. Individual Income Tax Returns, Tax Year 2010 Preliminary Data: Selected Income and Tax Items, by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

2,739,048 Tax returns filed for wage earners over $250,000

$1,858,618,430,000 --- that's $1.85 TRILLION AGI (Adjusted Gross Income).

They paid $440,928,576,000 in taxes or $440 Billion for a marginal rate of 35% but an average rate of about 23.7%. If the Obama Tax Cuts expire, then it reverts to the old rate of 38.6% (for 2002). Assuming you'd actually get 38.6% (you won't) then you'd collect (in theory) $714 Billion which is an increase of ~$275 Billion. In reality, you'd only collect ~ $505 Billion or about $60 Billion more.

The 2001 rate was 39.1% so theoretically $723 Billion but in reality $536 Billion. And then it was 39.6% from 1993-2000 so theoretically $732 Billion but in reality $547 Billion.

If The Boy King™ wasn't lying, then he's too stupid to know the difference between $547 Billion and $1 TRILLION and $732 Billion and $1 TRILLION.

I've seen flattened aluminum soda cans smarter than Obama.

So when are you going to get upset about Obama-Lies™?

Questioning...

Mircea
NICE POST!!

Now all we (should) hear is the

but, we won't!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

How is it that you can see this so clearly in Romney, yet ignore Obama's history of being the master of the "tell them what they want to hear" tactic? He's the poster child for "how to succeed without really trying" philosophy.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
WHy wont Rommney release his taxes? He could end all the speculation be wont. WHAT IS HE HIDING!!!

...and why don't RWNJs care? Hmmm Suckling up to the rich guy as usual.
Why on gods earth would I care? Show me where I demanded Obama release his, or ANYONE else for that matter.. Why do you care? I'm sure he pays more taxes in a year than you'll earn in a lifetime.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Does Romney lie like this?!

Obama, Which One Did You Vote For? - YouTube

Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
WHy wont Rommney release his taxes? He could end all the speculation be wont. WHAT IS HE HIDING!!!

...and why don't RWNJs care? Hmmm Suckling up to the rich guy as usual.
Have Obama release his Visa records and college records and maybe Mitt will release his tax returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections