Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,911,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
This is just his latest lie:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...ent-obamas-ca/

Why is this behavior acceptable?
Because Republicans are sellouts. Just like their brothers in arms the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,919,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obamas own attack ad shows Romney "only" paid $3.2M a year in taxes.. Are you calling Obama a liar?

How ironic, considering the thread is about making false statements..
That was in 2010 when he knew he was running for President and so didn't try as hard to get out of taxes. Let's see the ones from several years before that because there are reports that Romney didn't pay ANY taxes for 10 years straight.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Virtually all politicians lie, both Republican and Democrat. What's insane is pointing the finger at one candidate and crying foul while the candidate you support has been doing the same thing since before he was elected. He did promise to keep lobbiest out of the White House,...and then he appointed a large number of them to his staff. That's just one of many lies he's told the public.
These posters don't seem to care how much they contridict logic. EVERYONE can see it, on both sides, but only one side is skipping down the road oblivious to reality.

"These aren't the hypocrites you're looking for, move along"

Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Releasing more of his tax returns is of no interest to me, we already know who Romney is and how he got wealthy. All you guys want is a public tax audit, because then you can nitpick his returns, and try and have some other nonsensical issue to blather about, and NOT talk about jobs, the economy, the middle East, illegal immigration, debt, deficits, and a lawless 0bama regime.

If you think someone as rich as Romney has gone ten years w/o scrutiny from the IRS, then you are an idiot. Catching rich guys like Romney is how the IRS pays the bills. Besides, he has been a governor, ran for the senate, ran for the presidency, and yet you think he has somehow escaped IRS scrutiny????

There is no reason we need to expand voting days for the Ohio people who are residing in the state. They can already vote absentee or vote in person on election day. The military may be able to justify the extra time because they are not always in the country much less in their home state. 0bama just wants to create a window of opportunity to create voter mischief.
All you had to say was you don't expect Republicans to release the same thing every other Presidential candidate releases, and you hate Obama. Both of which we already knew.

Willard is a piece if slime that obviously hiding something and its sad that RWNJs can't see pass their blind hate if Obama to admit as much.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obamas own attack ad shows Romney "only" paid $3.2M a year in taxes.. Are you calling Obama a liar?

How ironic, considering the thread is about making false statements..
That's one year. He paid a rate half of what I did, or @ 15%.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That was in 2010 when he knew he was running for President and so didn't try as hard to get out of taxes. Let's see the ones from several years before that because there are reports that Romney didn't pay ANY taxes for 10 years straight.
Doesnt matter.. The statement was that Romney paid NO taxes.. Its a LIE..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's one year. He paid a rate half of what I did, or @ 15%.
I guess you need a better accountant because I've never heard anyone pay 30%.. Its not his fault you cant do taxes.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
All you had to say was you don't expect Republicans to release the same thing every other Presidential candidate releases,
He's releasing the EXACT same number McCain released.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,944,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Who gives a crap? Romney doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the election, period. It just isn't going to happen. I don't really know what happened to the Republicans. I'm not sure if there simply isn't a single decent Republican in politics right now, or if the party is just too full of idiots to be able to pick a decent candidate. But regardless, they chose Romney, who stands for absolutely nothing, and is a complete embarrassment to all real conservatives.

Romney is just being a typical politician, looking more like a puppet than a man. He has no character, and I don't respect him. He will not win, I don't think it will even be close.

George Bush was basically run out of Washington, but I believe Romney would even lose to George W. Bush in a landslide. At least Bush had some damn balls, and seemed like he actually believed in something.

So go ahead with your outrage over Mitt Romney, but it doesn't matter. Because Romney won't come anywhere close to becoming the president.
The Republican Party is now the Ayn Rand Party. Yeah there are decent republicans like Huntsman in politics, but they are too moderate, thrown under the bus, and demonized along with "liberals" in the corporate media.
The Tea Party caucus has great power, and Boehner is having trouble with them, though he can't acknowledge this publicly.
Traditional conservatives have allowed the party to get away from them. Reagan, Goldwater, and especially Eisenhower, would never make the cut with this current bunch.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,211,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
WHy wont Rommney release his taxes? He could end all the speculation be wont. WHAT IS HE HIDING!!!

...and why don't RWNJs care? Hmmm Suckling up to the rich guy as usual.
Obama wouldn't release the fast and furious, nor his college records . He has something to hid.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:41 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,211,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Who gives a crap? Romney doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the election, period. It just isn't going to happen. I don't really know what happened to the Republicans. I'm not sure if there simply isn't a single decent Republican in politics right now, or if the party is just too full of idiots to be able to pick a decent candidate. But regardless, they chose Romney, who stands for absolutely nothing, and is a complete embarrassment to all real conservatives.

Romney is just being a typical politician, looking more like a puppet than a man. He has no character, and I don't respect him. He will not win, I don't think it will even be close.

George Bush was basically run out of Washington, but I believe Romney would even lose to George W. Bush in a landslide. At least Bush had some damn balls, and seemed like he actually believed in something.

So go ahead with your outrage over Mitt Romney, but it doesn't matter. Because Romney won't come anywhere close to becoming the president.
Obama's days are numbered. He is going down. Mitt has character. Maybe you thing Obama has character.. Obama lies when he opens his mouth. He lied from day one. He lies on the campaign trail constantly. Obama can't even release his college transcripts or fast and furious papers . He hides because he is a liar.

Obama said he would bring the country together and yet he is playing class warfare. One group against another. His dream act gives illegals more than US citizens.. for 18 credits in college, illegals will pay $2400, American citizen over $6000 cost for 18 credits.

Ingraham walks off set to mock opponents of ‘illegals’ slur | The Raw Story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections