Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
This is what passes for proof in Liberaland?

Yes, forget all about the Pennsylvania Voter's Website's FAQ page completely.......rely on a comedy program on Comedy Central.
Sadly, a recent poll (wish I could find it) showed that a huge chunk (around 40%) of Americans under 35 do not watch the News - but they consider themselves "informed" b/c they watch Colbert and/or Maher.

I cannot fathom that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
No wonder their POV is so distorted!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Been over this so many times.

What, in this case the Young Turks are doing, is taking his quote out of context.

He is speaking to a group of people that believe massive voter ID fraud in the Democratic parts of the state swing the state blue.

Therefore, voter ID will help eliminate the fraud and hence Romney wins.
You got any links to this supposed rampant voter fraud?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You got any links to this supposed rampant voter fraud?
Got any links to this supposed voter suppression caused by Voter ID Cards?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Got any links to this supposed voter suppression caused by Voter ID Cards?
The Repubs whole reason for the change in voter Id laws was supposedly to prevent ``Voter fraud`` a situation that is basically non existent.10 cases in 10 years? and you`ll find those cases werent deliberate but a confusion of eligibility.
As for my question to you ,it can be answered now, your question to me wont be relevant till after the election when we find out how many American citizens were denied their right to vote because they didnt have the right id.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Been over this so many times.

What, in this case the Young Turks are doing, is taking his quote out of context.

He is speaking to a group of people that believe massive voter ID fraud in the Democratic parts of the state swing the state blue.

Therefore, voter ID will help eliminate the fraud and hence Romney wins.
There is no massive voter fraud and repugs know it. There have been multiple investigations nationwide turning up nothing.
"Go over it" as many times as you wish - you are just parroting another Fox lie, trying as best it can to bail out Turzai.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-17-2012 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-17-2012, 11:31 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Sadly, a recent poll (wish I could find it) showed that a huge chunk (around 40%) of Americans under 35 do not watch the News - but they consider themselves "informed" b/c they watch Colbert and/or Maher.

I cannot fathom that.
What about polls for those who watch Fox "News" and conservative media? Have you heard about those?

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
You know something as SIMPLE and AS IMPORTANT AS VOTING in AMERICA you would think a system would be in place by 2012 will all the CRAP government spends money on they could create State VOTING CARDS free of charge!
You want to vote do your part and stop being lazy and get a ID! I have a voter ID card slip they sent it into the mail to ME is that so HARD!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The Repubs whole reason for the change in voter Id laws was supposedly to prevent ``Voter fraud`` a situation that is basically non existent.10 cases in 10 years? and you`ll find those cases werent deliberate but a confusion of eligibility.
As for my question to you ,it can be answered now, your question to me wont be relevant till after the election when we find out how many American citizens were denied their right to vote because they didnt have the right id.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
There is no massive voter fraud and repugs know it. There have been multiple investigations nationwide turning up nothing.
"Go over it" as many times as you wish - you are just parroting another Fox lie, trying as best it can to bail out Turzai.
How would you know if there is voter fraud if you don't check for ID? There is no way of knowing if the person voting is committing fraud.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM

208 posts, read 318,131 times
There's rampant fraud in welfare and social security payments...thinking there is NO voter farud is like sticking your head in the sand and pretending we live in an honest society. Yesterday in MA the AG here has confirmed voter fraud w/ absentee ballots - funny thing is it was done to benefit republicans, not democrats...seems to me making it harder to commit fraud helps BOTH sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections