Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Okay. Bill Clinton's experience with Lewinski was his business and the business of his wife. None of my business. It was Hillary's business to deal with it as she saw fit. I'm not interested in whatever marital problems other people endure. I don't worry about who the married man next door is having sex with either. Not my problem.

"implicated"......what does that word mean to you? Implicated is certainly not even "charged." If Clinton raped any woman, then it's up to her whether or not she wants to report it and have guilt determined in a court of law. If she does not, then I'll just have to go along with that old presumption of innocence thingy. And I'm certainly not going to let "implications" change my view that in fact Democrats most certainly support women whereas Republicans simply want to control women....
Okay now it may be time for you to try to defend Clinton on the crime that he was impeached for. Go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Nope. I don't have the power to move threads around.
Weren't you only going to bump this thread once?

Flip-flopper - standard for libs.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you consider these words utter crap? If so you are totally taken in by the Obama crowd.

According to Lindsey Horvath, president of NOW Hollywood, babies and children are required to be credentialed but then the DNC turns around and denies the credential requests from moms that are unable to leave their children at home or are breastfeeding. This policy basically stops any mother of young children from being a delegate and participating in the convention.
I have a personal bias here. I really don't like hearing babies crying in public places, so I don't have a problem with this.

Of course, I will say that the DNC could have provided a place for child care at the convention. As for nursing babies, maybe the mothers should have to agree to take crying babies out of the public areas when they are crying.

I still don't see the above as a valid reason to think that the Democratic Party is opposed to women's issues and does not support the issues most women consider to be crucial.

However, I will add that nursing mothers remind me that right-wingers do seem to have a big problem with mothers nursing their babies in public.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Weren't you only going to bump this thread once?

Flip-flopper - standard for libs.
Yep. But the conversation got too "interesting" to ignore. Who cares if YOU think changing your mind about posting is equal to "flip-flopping." I"m not a candidate.

Btw, did you post somewhere on CD that you're going to law school?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Any welcome visitors to the White House do not make this a country controlled in any way by the Muslim Brotherhood. No, I am not kidding. But obviously you are misinformed.
Disagreement does not = misinformed, except to the closed-minded.

Quote:
You're so quick on the trigger that you post before you understand what was said. Michelle Bachmann is a huge fear mongering voice out there who would use Sharia law BS to rile up her base. Duh! "Sweetie"....ummm....who is that other poster who is always calling people "sweetie"? Old habits die hard.
She is so adamantly opposed to the foothold that Islam is gaining in this country that it makes your statement sound silly. I gather you haven't heard her on the subject. She's only interested in waking up those people in this country who don't know and appear not to care that extremist Muslims and the Brotherhood are exerting their influence in high places.

They *may* let you ladies design your own burkas, but only if you're conservative.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Yep. But the conversation got too "interesting" to ignore. Who cares if YOU think changing your mind about posting is equal to "flip-flopping." I"m not a candidate.

Ummm...liberals don't "flip-flop". They evolve.

Last edited by swbtoo; 08-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,929 times
Quote:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24311883-post1875.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Disagreement does not = misinformed, except to the closed-minded.

She is so adamantly opposed to the foothold that Islam is gaining in this country that it makes your statement sound silly. I gather you haven't heard her on the subject. She's only interested in waking up those people in this country who don't know and appear not to care that extremist Muslims and the Brotherhood are exerting their influence in high places.

They *may* let you ladies design your own burkas, but only if you're conservative.
Please describe this Islamic foothold in America. Please provide facts and links. Thank you.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Okay now it may be time for you to try to defend Clinton on the crime that he was impeached for. Go ahead.
There was nothing mentioned in your blog piece about Paula Jones. You're going off topic now. However, ONE action by ONE person who is a member of the Democratic Party, does NOT represent the entire Party, nor does that action have anything to do with the Party platform which supports issues women consider critical. Voting for the REpublicans because of this one action would be a perfect example of women "cutting of their collective nose to spite their face".........

Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Yesterday I posted this link and the first lib to reply, reply number one, stole the thread by getting all wound out about sex. I will say nothing about what you might find in this link other than that the Democrats really support the Muslim Brotherhood that has changed the way women are treated in Egypt. They treat women the same as they do their cattle, goats and camels and yet Dems support that bunch.

Read the link and find that there is more than one laugh for those of either side to be had.

Why Women Should Not Vote For Barack Obama - Godfather Politics
AWWWW your butt hurt Roy!?!?!

For context here's my "liberal" response that hurt Roy's butt:

Quote:
Only men are gay? LOLz. I don't think I want the list to go on after that stellar point....
Which as you can tell was chopped full of sex that stole Roy's precious thunder.

Which was in response to this awesome paragraph from Roy:

Quote:
How about the support of same sex marriage? What does that do for women? This list goes on and on and for some reason women just can't see it because they have been told that their rights to control their bodily functions are the most important thing to and for them.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Ummm...liberals don't "flip-flop". The evolve.
"flip-flopping" commonly refers to CANDIDATES running for political office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections