Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I am sure you probably do think that way, and good for you, it is that Democrat belief system that I have fought against most of my life. But thank you for that, it is because of that, I have exceeded more then people like you could dream of.
I'm not sure why you're trying to paint me as a Democrat. My observation of black people is non-partisan and real. If anything, if I were a Dem, I would be politically correct and not acknowledge my observation.

Quote:
Quite simple, it is the Democrats that have always wanted to hold black people down. It is democrats that didnt used to think black people equaled one white person. It is Democrats today who believe that welfare reform is racist because they believe black people need welfare to survive. It is Democrats who believe black people need Affirmative Action because they believe we can not make it without their help.
This I somewhat agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I'm not sure why you're trying to paint me as a Democrat. My observation of black people is non-partisan and real. If anything, if I were a Dem, I would be politically correct and not acknowledge my observation.

This I somewhat agree with.
I am not trying to paint you as a Democrat, I am just talking about how you think of black people like Democrats do.

you may have a real observation of some black people, but not an observation of black people as a whole.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
*Sigh*

First off, the idea that Obama, a then senator...would go to a prestigious black university and start spouting severely racist things about white people shows just how horribly out of touch most of you are with reality. Its not like he is speaking at a Black Panther rally, these are future doctors, lawyers, and CEOs.

Second of all, he was a UNITED STATES SENATOR then. Do you honestly believe he would attend a graduation commencement and throw caution to the wind because these are 'his people' and just completely go off?

Third, if there was anything worth a **** in this, McCain or even Clinton for that matter would have been all over it. It is 5 years old.

Well why dont you wait and see it first. If he indeed suggests that this country is a racist country were whites get rich by taking advantage of blacks, then youll know for a fact, that this was scrubbed before and done so for a reason.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, it's not a racist statement, it's just an ignorant statement.
I agree however the suspicion is raised when you don't mention a particular group (on purpose) and then pass it off by asking the "innocent" question "Is it racist or insensitive to".... I suspect you already know the answer to your question.

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Need help with basic skills, how to shop, how to show up to work on time, how to wear right clothes, how to act appropriately in an office?

Just a question
It's not insensitive question. But asking it displays ignorance on the part of the questioner.

Just an answer.

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You have no surveys/stats that show's the MSM end product leaning to the left.

NONE.

You are deeply confused.

What you do have is a survey that shows the personal choice of journalists in the media is to vote Democratic.

I would expect that. They have higher IQ, more educated, living in the North East and West Coast.

That says nothing about the product they put out.

That product is heavily affected by corporate ownership of their media company (their bosses) and their corporate customers.

That's why the MSM is dominated by right wing commentary despite what your brainwashing tells you.
Are you that dense that you need stats to prove it to you? How about the fact that this video was previously scrubbed of certain content that has not been seen by the public until tonight?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is like those breitbart tapes that were supposed to be so damaging.

again. nobody cares about something that was said years ago.

you have a record to go after now, go after it instead of wasting time with soundbits that nobody cares about.

this is where the right gets in trouble. spend time on stupid stuff like this instead of attacking obama for what he is doing now as pres.

krauthammer said essentially the same thing last night on fox.

nobody cares.
I didn't make any comments about the tape. I mentioned him sitting in a racist church for 20 years. Again, no it is only the left that doesn't care what shaped Obama's character and his views on race.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times
Quote:
I am not trying to paint you as a Democrat, I am just talking about how you think of black people like Democrats do.

you may have a real observation of some black people, but not an observation of black people as a whole.
So you think Dems really think blacks are helpless and need all the help they can get? You must subscribe to the belief that big government supports the black middle class and that without it, they would hardly have a middle class.

I agree with that second paragraph.

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Need help with basic skills, how to shop, how to show up to work on time, how to wear right clothes, how to act appropriately in an office?

Just a question
Some do. Some don't.

I don't think every poor person has a problem with basic life skills.

It's a problem of being dysfunctional.

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Drudge warning Fox News will have what looks like a video of Obama going off, with a shoutout to Rev Wright. Could be fun. Makes you wonder when it was made and who's been sitting on it.
There's been suggestions that the Partiarch of the Rickett family which recently purchased the Chicago Cubs and who most people would probably consider an extreme extremist has been sitting on some sort of video and that he's been chomping at the bit to release it in an Obama attack ad. I doubt there's anything we don't know or already assume about the President's attendance at the United Church of Christ in Chicago that would cause us to change our votes for him. If such an attack ad does appear it will be yet another sign that the Romney/Ryan ticket is unable or unwilling to engage the President in the issues most impacting the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections