Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

I'm an independent voter, but as I watched last night's debate looking for substance I found myself wondering if Biden swilled a fifth of Wild Turkey before ambling out on stage. His performance was short on substance and even shorter on decorum.

And, towards the end of the debate, I looked at the two men and asked myself the question, "If the President took a bullet, which one of these men would I want in the Oval Office?" Based on his performance, it sure as hell wasn't Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
With Biden easily winning this debate, I wonder if that means Obama is going to step up his game for his next debate.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM

464 posts, read 479,449 times
Vice President Joe Biden was wonderful last night.

CONGRESSMAN Ryan (yes sir you are a congressman; not sure why he didn't want to be call that last night) was invasive and didn't give any straight answers. I am supposed to vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket? No thank you.

I think it's funny how people are calling VP Biden a bully and rude when Governor Romney was acting the same way last week. PLEASE STOP REACHING.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
He wasn't rude. He just knew all the answers. I thought Ryan was going to cry at one point. Good job, Joe!!
He was beyond rude and had no answers as his administration has ZERO to run on other than failures. Biden showcased the typical petulant, slimy, lying rhetoric that comes from the Obama administration and americanp people are sick of it. Romney and Ryan will clean up their mess. Class vs trash.

And btw...Bidens big lie about the intellegence report and not knowing our reps in Lybia asked for additional security is going to bury Obama.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:26 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Paul Ryan was outclassed on foreign policy issues and still can't explain how they would pay for their tax cuts.
I might agree with the latter, but the former is simply untrue. Biden completely reversed the administration's position - again - on what happened in Libya. This administration cannot get their facts and stories straight about how a U.S. ambassador was murdered on 9/11. That was the real 'malarkey' last night.

Biden would have done himself more favors by just letting Ryan talk and then coming back with hard 'counter punches' in a rebuttal. That is how Romney handled Obama in the first debate and it worked. The constant interruptions and weird smiling and laughing really deflated his whole performance.

I would be in the 10-20% who called this debate a 'draw' based on the polls. It will be hard to detect also if there is a 'bounce' from this debate anyways because (a) we may see a rescinding bounce from Romney's debate and (b) the next debate is 5 days away.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
The VP debate was awesome. It was like watching an argument between Frank Drebin and Eddie Haskell.

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I could add a few observations. I thought that while Biden did come across as angry and borderline obnoxious, he did appear to have a firmer grasp of the particulars than Obama did. Of the two, Biden appeared smarter than Obama. That should scare a lot of people. On both sides. But Ryan let him slide on some issues. Obama really has very little to brag about on anything. And a lot to feel guilty about.
Ryan was too polite. Biden came out attacking like a pit bull and while he made his points, he should have met his bluster with a few barks of his own. Nine times out of ten a bully will back down when its obvious the other guy is not afraid of him. Or he'll go off the handle and end up looking like a total jerk.
In the next Obama/ Romney debate, both sides should watch out for that. If Obama goes on the attack he's likely to lose his cool if Romney hits back. That should be fun.
It came down to Biden criticizing Romney and making some very weak half hearted arguments supporting what Obama's done and offering no real ideas on what he'll do. Ryan in turn criticized Obama but did offer at least some ideas on what they plan to do to try to turn things around.
BTW, I think it will soon come out that the 'impressive' economic( such as they are) numbers aren't legitimate.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And guess what? The very same thing was said about Romney in the last debate. Rude, arrogant, and a bully.
That's what people say when their side is losing. Same thing in sports: they played dirty, the refs were biased. When the Romney supporters talk that way it is just their way of trying to take the sting out of a stunning defeat. They do the same with the ads, the polls, and, of course, THE MEDIA. Come November, there will be no end of excuses and blame for losing.

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I might agree with the latter, but the former is simply untrue. Biden completely reversed the administration's position - again - on what happened in Libya. This administration cannot get their facts and stories straight about how a U.S. ambassador was murdered on 9/11. That was the real 'malarkey' last night.

Biden would have done himself more favors by just letting Ryan talk and then coming back with hard 'counter punches' in a rebuttal. That is how Romney handled Obama in the first debate and it worked. The constant interruptions and weird smiling and laughing really deflated his whole performance.

I would be in the 10-20% who called this debate a 'draw' based on the polls. It will be hard to detect also if there is a 'bounce' from this debate anyways because (a) we may see a rescinding bounce from Romney's debate and (b) the next debate is 5 days away.
Ryan showed that he is completely clueless regarding Iran, Afghanistan and Syria.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm an independent voter, but as I watched last night's debate looking for substance I found myself wondering if Biden swilled a fifth of Wild Turkey before ambling out on stage. His performance was short on substance and even shorter on decorum.

And, towards the end of the debate, I looked at the two men and asked myself the question, "If the President took a bullet, which one of these men would I want in the Oval Office?" Based on his performance, it sure as hell wasn't Biden.
I can't rep you enough!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections