Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
IMO, it shows exactly how the Republicans have been being treated and why the country is so divided.

You can't tell people you're reaching across the aisle then say the Republicans can ride in the back of the bus.

Ryan stressed numerous times that Romney is used to reaching across the aisle. Joe just demonstrated the opposite.
Joe addressed that in saying that the GOP have not wanted to come to the aisle and reach along with Dems. Even president Obama in his poor debate performance had a point in regards to Romney's "reaching across the aisle" in Mass. Romney was reaching across the aisle to Democrats who are more willing in todays day and age to work out a deal and always have been more willing historically in the modern era, willing to work out deals when they come together with a common goal in mind.

I actually do think that if elected Romney will have some Dems who will work with him, this is not true of the GOP with Obama as they have been downright unwilling to compromise lately and even signed pacts not to raise taxes. That right there tells you something. They are more interested in their own party lines than the whole country's well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
It wasn't good at all. It was a memorized speech. It sounded like a commercial. It sounded like he stood in front of a mirror and repeated that closing statement a thousand times.
At least Biden didn't interrupt him for THAT and Ryan didn't need a teleprompter to deliver it.

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Wow!! Really, you do remember that Ryan has MORE experience then out current buffoon in chief did when he took office.
Not tonight he didn't. He looked like a newbie who forgot he had a record of votes on major issues until reminded in a setting which challenged him and his boss on each point and position.

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
"I've been to both Iraq & Afghanistan, most of the time by helicopter, sometimes by vehicle."

-Joe Biden

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I think it was pretty even - Biden came off more personable and warm, Ryan more professional and cold. But I also thought that the first debate was pretty evenly matched, so what do I know?
Personable and warm? I found him to be more like a jackass old man with no respect.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I don't understand people trying to say Biden was an underdog, his supposed specialty is foreign policy, he is the sitting VP, Obama had a personal friend as the moderator, and biden has been in debates since before I was born. If anything Ryan should have been the underdog.
OMG, let the whining and excuses commence!! BTW, whatever happened to Ryan the "strong debater" and "Game-Changer"? Apparently not quite so competent when it's actual give-and-take, and when he has to do something more than simple "pontificating"...

Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Presidents cant overrrule the Supreme Court.. doesnt matter what their position is.
No, but they CAN and DO appoint Supreme Court judges that CAN make the decision on Abortion.
THAT'S why it matters to BOTH sides what the President and VPs' position is.

Ken

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
in the next debate. You will see both candidates on their best behavior. Problem solved.
I say the moderator should have a team of fact checkers, so there is no need to interrupt each other to accuse them of lying. If someone is caught lying, the moderator should interrupt.

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Ryan is a punk. LOL. That says it all. Biden could have peed his pants and ran around in circles on the stage clucking like a chicken and you would most likely have said the same thing.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
CNN is just now starting to re-run it. If you missed it, here ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections