Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Presidents cant overrrule the Supreme Court.. doesnt matter what their position is.
You are aware that the POTUS appoints the Justices...right? Do ya think that a Romney/Ryan administration would appoint a Liberal????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

288 posts, read 283,569 times
Ryan got stomped, I couldn't help but laugh.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Biden schooled your boy Ryan. Republicans here are a joke!
Big time. Biden was tough, Ryan was a pansy.

Politics is a tough field. If you can't hang with the big boys, get back to hiding behind the Koch's skirt

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No, but they CAN and DO appoint Supreme Court judges that CAN make the decision on Abortion.
THAT'S why it matters to BOTH sides what the President and VPs' position is.

Ken
I was unaware of any abortion legislation in the court system working their way up to the Supreme Court.. Maybe you can list them for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are aware that the POTUS appoints the Justices...right? Do ya think that a Romney/Ryan administration would appoint a LIberal????
Of course not, but whats that got to do with the abortion issue since its already been resolved as legal.

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Biden kicked Ryan's butt on the two unpaid for wars that Mr. fiscal conservative Ryan voted for. This was a beautiful thing to watch.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Again show me the part where Ryan was jumping out of his chair to outline even the BASICS as to what he and Romney plan to cut/close with regards to loopholes/exemptions to pay for their tax cuts while simultaneously advocating more defense spending?

Show me the part where he explained the Romney/Ryan healthcare plan instead of simply attacking Obamacare? Show me the facts where anyone has said that Iran is anywhere close to making ONE bomb, let alone up to 5 nukes?!?!??!
You didn't answer... what was Ryan "lying' about?

3,887 posts, read 5,750,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
OMG, let the whining and excuses commence!! BTW, whatever happened to Ryan the "strong debater" and "Game-Changer"? Apparently not quite so competent when it's actual give-and-take, and he's not simply "pontificating"...
Excuses commence? I pointed out about 10 pages ago that I have no dog in this fight, I am a registered libertarian, and was undecided who I was going to vote for until tonight (as I know a vote for Johnson is a wasted vote), with the way Biden acted there is no way I want him one step away from the presidency.

I heard a joke the other day from a coworker, that the real reason Biden is VP is that he is protection for Obama, nobody wants Biden as the next President.

1,181 posts, read 3,808,849 times
I thought it was a tie on substance, but Biden was a jerk. The interruptions, aggressiveness, and smirking just totally turned me off.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So the Republicans are now powered by the "whining" factor?

Establishing Biden was rude to Ryan makes Ryan appear weak.
No, it means that Biden was rude.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Every-time Ryan said something funny or stupid he laughed...then countered him.
I agree here. The funniest one was about the stimulus though and Ryan's request for money. That was particularly hilarious and I can see why Biden was laughing at him lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well, all a person can do when someone shows a person up for in the mess they are in is to shrug and laugh and smile. Just like a kid called on the carpet in the principle's office.

That was Bidden tonight. He knows Ryan was pointing out how this administration is failing so much and it is embarrassing to Joe. All he can do is smile and laugh, he can't answer why they made the mess so he deflects with making faces. Like our kids do when they are caught doing something wrong.
He really didn't point out too many failings at all if you look at it objectively. Everything he said, Biden countered him with something much more logical.

Ryan spoke of the current economy, Biden spoke of how it has gotten better over the course of the last couple years. Ryan spoke of troop withdrawals in Afghanistan, Biden countered with Afghanis should be taking care of their own country and Obama/Biden would get us out of Afghanistan so more troops wouldn't be put in danger. Ryan spoke of Medicare and SS and his plan, Biden spoke of the history of these programs and how they would be substantially changed and people would have to pay more money in addition to their medicare taxes paid over the course of their lives if Ryan's plan went through. Moderator asked about specific plans with Romney/Ryan tax plan, Ryan gave generalities, Biden called him out on generalities and explained how all people would be subject to closing of loopholes via losing mortgage deduction and healthcare deductions and others that middle and lower income people use primarily.

On every topic, Biden had a counter attack for Ryan and didn't give him the room Obama gave Romney to go on and on with negative talking points.

Want to mention I loved the moderator. She did a fine job. Might have said that earlier but loved her. She was really great at keeping them in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections