Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times

Advertisements

Respect is earned and Obama hasn't earned a scrap of it. He wasn't there as president he was there as a competitor for the role of president on (supposedly) equal footing, if it weren't for the biased moderator.

If Obama wants respect he has to earn it and show respect for others, not just for the sycophants who bask in his glow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,180,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Romney won in key areas according CNN poll: *On who would better handle the economy: 58 percent Romney; 40 percent Obama.
*On who would better handle health care: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On taxes: 51 percent Romney; 44 percent Obama
*On who is a stronger leader: 49 percent Romney; 46 percent Obama
*On who is more likeable: 47 percent Obama: 41 percent Romney
*On who cares more about your life: 44 percent Obama; 40 percent Romney
*On who answered more directly: 45 percent Romney; 43 percent Obama

And that is just CNN.
A CNN poll of "undecided" voters with a +8 point GOP slant. Also, every one of them save about 2 was white. Every result is also well within the margin of error.

Quote:
Deal with it.
There's nothing to deal with. Romney got his arse handed too him. Ryan did as well. In debate #3, I would expect more of the same.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Elections are about likeability, That's why Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama won.
I believe Clinton's unofficial campaign slogan was "It's the economy, stupid"

Old 10-17-2012, 05:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Nothing, as long as the person is really a Muslim. Also, if you are going to call someone a Muslim, be honest about it and don't do it in a passive aggressive way.
I guess if you also criticized liberal posters who use similar tactics that argument might have some credibility.

Obama was respectful in the first debate. That is why everyone thinks he lost. Biden was at least bright enough to not worry about giving respect to his opponent. Obama quickly learned that this ain't collegiate debating.

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
A CNN poll of "undecided" voters with a +8 point GOP slant. Also, every one of them save about 2 was white.

There's nothing to deal with. Romney got his arse handed too him. Ryan did as well. In debate #3, I would expect more of the same.
Racists!!!!!

CBS poll was worse for Obama. MSNBC panel favored Romney as well as Fox's panel. The only people who think Obama won big are you hacks. You need to deal with reality. Obama has been sinking lately, and just showing up last night isnt going to change anything. Especially when he dodged almost every question and couldnt defend his record. He had nothing

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The Obamas (yes, both of 'em) hiding their academic records and writings is pretty suspicious too, no?
Really? Where is Romney's "academic records" or his tax returns? Two incomplete years aren't enough.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I guess if you also criticized liberal posters who use similar tactics that argument might have some credibility.
That poster practices "frugality", it would seem.

Being fair and balanced(like Fox News) might be too expensive.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM

993 posts, read 832,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
So people who feel the potus won r morons. Only a moron thinks an opinion can be legislated. I can just as easily say anyone who cant see that romneys plan is mathematically impossible are morons and believe in the bridge to nowhere. Of course all people who believe in the plan are not morons. Sorry thae last 4 years sucked for you because its been great for me and a lot of my colleagues.
In regard to the study Obama misquoted at the first debate:

Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

(Paper: Princeton Economist: The Math Behind Romney's Tax Plan Adds Up | The Weekly Standard)

"I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral."

Do you think he's a moron?

You can check the math that shows Romney's plan is mathematically possible here:

Check the Math: Romney's Tax Plan Doesn't Raise Middle Class Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan | The Weekly Standard

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
In regard to the study Obama misquoted at the first debate:

Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

(Paper: Princeton Economist: The Math Behind Romney's Tax Plan Adds Up | The Weekly Standard)

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

Do you think he's a moron?

You can check the math that shows Romney's plan is mathematically possible here:

Check the Math: Romney's Tax Plan Doesn't Raise Middle Class Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan | The Weekly Standard

Good point, but we've brought this to their attention before, and they ignore it as they always do.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Obama was respectful in the first debate. That is why everyone thinks he lost. Biden was at least bright enough to not worry about giving respect to his opponent. Obama quickly learned that this ain't collegiate debating.
I don't know of any liberal posters who have falsey accused someone of being a Muslim, care to point out who??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections