Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The ASSumption is solely dependent on the kind of sound you make.

Oh yeah, on those green energy initiatives, if they speak for something, they only speak for what kind of society we're... impotent to take advantage and innovate. Leave that to those who are instead leading the way.
Well I hear you Einstein, I hear you. You are coming across loud and clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Governor Romney knows how to get business's going. He knows how to deal "across the aisle"

Governor Romney will soon be known as President-Elect Romney
Governor Romney had a dismal approval rating when he left office in Massacusettes...now why do you think that was? Romney vetoed many bills in Mass and did not really work with the Democrats....

Romney Claims of Bipartisanship as Governor Face Challenge

Quote:
As a Republican governor whose legislature was 87 percent Democratic, Mr. Romney said in Wednesday’s debate, “I figured out from Day 1 I had to get along, and I had to work across the aisle to get anything done.” The result, he said, was that “we drove our schools to be No. 1 in the nation. We cut taxes 19 times.”

But on closer examination, the record as governor he alluded to looks considerably less burnished than Mr. Romney suggested. Bipartisanship was in short supply; Statehouse Democrats complained he variously ignored, insulted or opposed them, with intermittent charm offensives. He vetoed scores of legislative initiatives and excised budget line items a remarkable 844 times, according to the nonpartisan research group Factcheck.org. Lawmakers reciprocated by quickly overriding the vast bulk of them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/us...pagewanted=all

Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Well I hear you Einstein, I hear you. You are coming across loud and clear.
I doubt it. You keep hearing ASSumptions, and I can't help you with that.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Hey everyone look into Jeffery Immelt GE has closed 29 plants in the last 2 years and has sent thousands of jobs to China and other countries.
He is obama's appointed JOB CZAR

Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Governor Romney had a dismal approval rating when he left office in Massacusettes...now why do you think that was? Romney vetoed many bills in Mass and did not really work with the Democrats....

Romney Claims of Bipartisanship as Governor Face Challenge

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/us...pagewanted=all
Personally I do not care if he worked with the massachusettes democrats, but it is funny people want to complain about his history there, while ignoring the fact that Obama and company have made it clear they want no part of working with republicans on anything.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,107,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
How is what Romney's company did much different than what Obama has done?

AT LEAST Romney's company did it with their own money and not taxpayer's money.

Obama has invested taxpayer's money in all sorts of Green Energy companies which have gone bankrupt. Their employees are out on the street now without pensions, healthcare, or an income.

When Obama bought GM, lots of dealerships were closed. All those people who worked at those dealerships lost everything. Union people got sweet deals while management got fired and lost everything.

No...OBama is no different except he gambles with TAXPAYER'S money....and always picks LOSERS.
Ya but, when Obama invests in a business it totally loses, goes bankrupt and makes no money. That makes him a hero in the eyes of the left, because there is no money made for anyone. Profit is evil, so every time he does something that fails and doesn't profit anyone it looks good to them. It makes him sound better to them because he never gives profit any priority, but rather just throws money, our tax money at things to do a temporary quick fix that never holds. When has he ever saved any jobs?

Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hey everyone look into Jeffery Immelt GE has closed 29 plants in the last 2 years and has sent thousands of jobs to China and other countries.
He is obama's appointed JOB CZAR
You mean the same GE that was able to utilize credits to lower their total federal tax bill to zero? No way are they in bed with Obama.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You mean the same GE that was able to utilize credits to lower their total federal tax bill to zero? No way are they in bed with Obama.
Fort Collins is a beautiful city.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:41 PM

235 posts, read 276,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please provide detailed examples and proof of this and cite your sources. I'll wait.
Romney

Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
If you have ever driven by a Staples store you know the OP is a lie.
or Burlington Coat Factory, or Dominos Pizza, or Dunkin Donuts, or Burger King, and many, many more..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections