Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Lol the Left is sinking. I was thinking about this the other day. The Left likes to say well Mitt was born rich! Well so are a lot of people that doesn't guarentee success. Mitt could have, lived off his or his wife's funds (she too is from a wealthy family I believe moreso than Mitt's) and called it day. Many people do that.

Instead he went through Harvard both Undergrad and Business school by all accounts he breezed through. After stints in consulting he started his own business.

Now I did financial sales, many of my clients were relatively well off. It is no easy feat getting folks to invest their hard earned money with you. I was relatively successful but what Mitt did is truly remarkable. He got very wealthy people from around the world to believe in his vision enough to invest significant sums in his business. A business that could have easily failed. Not only did he make a lot of money but so did his investors some of whom are institutions such as pension funds.

Why do liberals hate businessmen? I don't see anything wrong with what Mitt did at Bain. The inefficiencies his company was able to exploit in the system were bound to be exploited by someone. The jobs that libs claim he sent overseas were going their anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM

235 posts, read 276,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol the Left is sinking. I was thinking about this the other day. The Left likes to say well Mitt was born rich! Well so are a lot of people that doesn't guarentee success. Mitt could have, lived off his or his wife's funds (she too is from a wealthy family I believe moreso than Mitt's) and called it day. Many people do that.

Instead he went through Harvard both Undergrad and Business school by all accounts he breezed through. After stints in consulting he started his own business.

Now I did financial sales, many of my clients were relatively well off. It is no easy feat getting folks to invest their hard earned money with you. I was relatively successful but what Mitt did is truly remarkable. He got very wealthy people from around the world to believe in his vision enough to invest significant sums in his business. A business that could have easily failed. Not only did he make a lot of money but so did his investors some of whom are institutions such as pension funds.

Why do liberals hate businessmen? I don't see anything wrong with what Mitt did at Bain. The inefficiencies his company was able to exploit in the system were bound to be exploited by someone. The jobs that libs claim he sent overseas were going their anyway.

Read the article one more time .. Maybe you will see what Bain did was wrong...

Romney

Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Read the article one more time .. Maybe you will see what did Bain was wrong...

Romney
Perhaps we should claw back the supposedly ill-gotten gains from the following...

* Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)
* Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)
* Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)
* The Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)
* Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)
* Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)
* State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)
* Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)
* Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)
* San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)
* Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)
* Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)
* Purdue University ($15.9 million)
* University of California ($225.7 million)
* University of Michigan ($130 million)
* University of Virginia ($20 million)
* University of Washington ($33 million)

Are you good with that? Public employee union members can just go pound sand if they want their pensions.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lie, the loopholes GE got, came from the Obama 2008 stimulus bill.. Obama actually GAVE IT TO THEM
There was no Obama 2008 stimulus bill. May be that is why you won't have documentation of Obama giving it personally to GE. Oh yeah, for someone who has made "off topic" an excuse a guarantee... knows what this topic is about?

(Don't worry, you may resume your Obama hatred tactics here... even though this is about Romney).

Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Perhaps we should claw back the supposedly ill-gotten gains from the following...

* Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)
* Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)
* Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)
* The Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)
* Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)
* Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)
* State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)
* Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)
* Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)
* San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)
* Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)
* Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)
* Purdue University ($15.9 million)
* University of California ($225.7 million)
* University of Michigan ($130 million)
* University of Virginia ($20 million)
* University of Washington ($33 million)

Are you good with that? Public employee union members can just go pound sand if they want their pensions.

So now your Romney is "Robinhood" ???

Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why do liberals hate businessmen?
No person with functioning brain cells would seriously believe that.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
So now your Romney is "Robinhood" ???
Bain Capital's profits are funding public employee union members' pensions and public universities. Should they give all that money back because lefties don't like the way it was earned?

No pensions? Higher tuition? What say you? Are you good with that?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
There was no Obama 2008 stimulus bill. May be that is why you won't have documentation of Obama giving it personally to GE. Oh yeah, for someone who has made "off topic" an excuse a guarantee... knows what this topic is about?

(Don't worry, you may resume your Obama hatred tactics here... even though this is about Romney).
Haha, I dont EVER say anything I cant back up.. Here is a GE REPORT, which shows the $3.2B
http://www.ge.com/pdf/investors/even...n_03102009.pdf

Are you embarassed yet for being wrong ALL THE TIME?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bain Capital's profits are funding public employee union members' pensions and public universities. Should they give all that money back because lefties don't like the way it was earned?

No pensions? Higher tuition? What say you? Are you good with that?
It does not matter who gets those profits.
It is the discussion of how profits have been achieved.

Romney did not make tons of $$ Apple style or google style... He just manipulated the very system he wants to lead now... I dont think he will be changing the system in any way as it has worked very well for him...

Old 10-16-2012, 02:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
It does not matter who gets those profits.
It is the discussion of how profits have been achieved.

Romney did not make tons of $$ Apple style or google style... He just manipulated the very system he wants to lead now... I dont think he will be changing the system in any way as it has worked very well for him...
Romney got rich by EMPLOYING people.. Just like Buffet, or Gates, or anyone else who's rich..

I've never once heard about how people get rich by owning bankrupt companies.. Maybe you can explain it to me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections