Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,777,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I found it interesting that RCP published this survey done for the right wing rag Sunshine State News but ignored a PPP poll on Virginia done for a Healthcare interest. There seems to be a perception that RCP publishes and advertises all polls, but that is not so. RCP is, in fact, a conservative leaning site that cherry picks polls and people need to consider that in the polls they choose to publish.
That's because RCP is a right-leaning website. The site was started by a trader and traders (even moreso than bankers) are extreeeemely conservative (they are also not as smart as bankers and have an inferiority complex, imo). If you go to any Wall Street trading floor, it's common to see signs like "Unleash the Street!" or "Regulation Must Die!" or "Fire the Regulator in Chief!" There are Romney signs openly displayed on many trading floors. The "F.I.R.E." Lobby (That's Finance, Insurance and Real Estate) has come out hard for Romney (and Republicans) this campaign cycle.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Quote:
I found it interesting that RCP published this survey done for the right wing rag Sunshine State News but ignored a PPP poll on Virginia done for a Healthcare interest. There seems to be a perception that RCP publishes and advertises all polls, but that is not so. RCP is, in fact, a conservative leaning site that cherry picks polls and people need to consider that when looking at their published averages.
They did a poll for a legitimate newspaper so if Columbus Dispatch commissions a poll it should be eliminated? If we're going to discard polls because of the political bent of newspapers than the NY Time polls should be tossed.

They didn't include the Sash PA poll showing Romney up because a right wing group commissioned. They're fair in my book and link up articles from both sides.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Lol looks like the aura of defeat is setting in with libs. Lots of anger today. Weeks ago RCP was the bible now it's right wing. What happens when Nate's map starts turning more red?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lots of anger today.
Does Sean Hannity have a listserv where he forwards out the Republican talking points each morning?

Quote:
Weeks ago RCP was the bible now it's right wing.
RCP has always been right-leaning. And it currently has Obama in the lead (in electoral count and in swing state polls). Nothing to be mad about there.

Quote:
What happens when Nate's map starts turning more red?
With Romney endorsing a guy who believes that a baby conceived through rape is a "Gift from God," I'd say that's unlikely to happen.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Quote:
They did a poll for a legitimate newspaper so if Columbus Dispatch commissions a poll it should be eliminated? If we're going to discard polls because of the political bent of newspapers than the NY Time polls should be tossed.

They didn't include the Sash PA poll showing Romney up because a right wing group commissioned. They're fair in my book and link up articles from both sides.
I did not say they should discard the Sunshine poll. I made the point that they included it while they discarded a poll from a well-recognized legitimate firm on Virgina that came in higher for Obama than I guess they wanted it to. I am certainly not arguing that they should reject the Sunshine poll - I just took notice that they are cherry-picking, that they are a right leaning website, and that may be misleading to people who use their site.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I did not say they should discard the Sunshine poll. I made the point that they included it while they discarded a poll from a well-recognized legitimate firm on Virgina that came in higher for Obama than I guess they wanted it to. I am certainly not arguing that they should reject the Sunshine poll - I just took notice that they are cherry-picking, that they are a right leaning website, and that may be misleading to people who use their site.
Well, just take a look at their posted content for today.

"America Has Finally Seen the Real Obama" (ed: yep, the one who protects SS and a woman's right to choose)

"Liberal Denial Will Only Get Worse" (ed: Denial that we're up in the polls for the most vital swing states?)

"Romney Hits 50% and Holds Edge on Economy" (ed: yeah, in a Rasmussen poll)

"Liberalism in Advanced Stage of Decline" (Guess that's why states are getting bluer)

"Obama's Recovery as Bad as It Appears" (ed: Hmm...the U.S. leads all other countries in GDP growth)

"From Hope and Change to Fearmonger In Chief"

---

I think you get the point.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 AM

Oh well you guys bicker about RCP

Ras per Drudge tie in Wisconsin
Gravis NC 53R-45O

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Oh well you guys bicker about RCP

Ras per Drudge tie in Wisconsin
Gravis NC 53R-45O
Do you ever have polls to cite other than Gravis and Rasmussen?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
Lightbulb lol....

As Romney's situation becomes more desperate in critical swing States, the conservative doomsday machine cranks up.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,227,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The great thing is that we'll be able to turn this machinery over to Hillary in 2016.
Exactly. Whoever the next Democratic Party nominee is has to keep this infrastructure in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections