Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 04:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Leave it to the second most profoundly idiotic poster CD has seen to come to the rescue.

Ok, silly little misinformed man I will indulge you.

Lets begin:

1- Bush did do a crap job. I won't contest that. But Obama's hype was biggeset among teens, blacks, and the affluent whites. The latter of which is not a characterically democratic voting block. He isn't polling well with them this time compared to 2008. Something has changed...People aren't all wet and happy to prove to themselves they aren't racist anymore. They don't care...they just want a viable candidate to run this country. And your jesus christ superstar Barack isn't the messiah afterall...sorry.

Since when did teens and blacks vote republican in the first place? And Duh? Like I mentioned before Obama proably would not have won if the dumbazzes did not pit him against the Cryptkeeper and the Bimbo from Mars! Besides after bush (which even you admitted) did such a crappy job pretty much any democrat would have won

2- I'm not claiming that Mitt has a lot of experience either. But when Barack was nominated he had ZERO....unless you could a "community organizer" as a position. It sounds to me like a fluff job that was handed to him.

Ok, but mitt was governor of a state that he can't even win, which tells you something about the way he governs. You refuticans kill me about the "community organizer" thing, hey lightbulb do you even know what that is? Did you forget that he was a law professor? Do you know what the majority of the occupations of the politicans in Washington are? Here let me give your ignorant butt a hint:
What Is the Occupation of the Majority of Most Members of …

Lets see how about the President?
List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia ...

Why is that? because most of the bills/laws are written by LAWYERS! That alone would make him qualified.

3- No....they were jazzed up because Obama is a unique candidate. If Biden were the candidate or Hillary the voter turnout wouldn't have been nearly as substantial with minorities and college age students.
It still would have been high because of the alternative, no one wanted to go through 4 more years of bush

4- What i'm saying is that it isn't NEARLY as big a social taboo for a black voter to vote for Obama for racially motivated issues whereas, if a white person were interviewed and said that he will vote for Romney because he is white he would be the scapegoat of the left wing for years and years to come.

Here is a secret, if every blackman and woman and I will even throw in Latinos as well voted for Obama, he still would not have won without the white vote. Thank God that there are still some whites that can see past color and vote against the stupidity which was the bush years Oh, can you tell all of us what racial issues did Obama run on?

5- Black people have overwhelmingly voted for democrats in the past, true. But if you would spend less of your time worrying about which emoticon you were going to punctuate your sentence with and more time reading the post you would see that I typed "POLLING." Obama's elections are the first time that the GOP candidates have polled at ZERO percent. When Dole, Bush, Bush Sr, and others ran...the GOP at least polled a percentage point or two. Now they are polling at ZERO percent.....coincidence???

Well, how about because of all of the racial finger pointing that the republicans did in the primaries towards blacks being the probelms of this country, hell they even propped up that Sambo cain to add his 2 cents in for things that they dare not say themselves. As far as my icons, think of them as words that I want to say but should'nt

Now...I'm going to make a brief guess at your retort to my post.

You're a racist! Boooooo racist!!!! I hate Womley!!!! Boooo racist! Yayyyyyy Obama! I loveee Obama sooooo hard!!! Mmmmmm he is sooooo sexy!!!! Booooo you kwazy wacist!!!!!

I'm not going say that you are even smart enough to be called a racist, since many of them try to justify their own stupidity, which is too much of a stretch for you. Btw, I don't hate Womley (whoever the hell that is)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
I apologize if the "entirely unqualified" thing came off as snappy...that wasn't my intent. And I understand the point you are driving at. Obama isn't on an island historically speaking, with his experience...but in modern times his experience is isolated a bit.

Ultimately there isn't "proof" that exists. We all just postulate theories that we think are right, invariably with no real way to validate or invalidate either side. Obama's meteoric rise into the national spotlight to me is surprising, if not questionable. And I'm not saying that I think it is fundamentally incorrect that race potentially is NOT a factor...but it also stands the potential to be a significant factor. When I was the vp of the College Republicans at my university we had several debates on campus during the election season. I had to debate the VP of the Young Democrats on my campus and we had the opportunity to make appeals at the end of the debate for our candidates. I spoke of John McCain's military service, his many many years in the senate, his moderate record of bipartisanship, and his experience as a whole. My opponent(an african american) spoke about how she wishes her grandmother, who lived through some very tough times, could see Obama. My appeal, at least to me, was about the merit of the candidate whereas hers was about the significance of his race. To me that is just fundamentally wrong if we truly want to move to a more colorblind society. Now..that being said I'm not trying to indicate that I disagree entirely with the excitement from african americans to see a black major candidate. Black americans have had their share of hardships so I could only imagine it is exciting to see one of your own in such an important position...I just think that a lot of them based their vote solely on this factor alone and that is just as bad (imo) as voting for someone just because they AREN'T a certain color.
I see where you are coming from, but at the same time I can't see his race as being the defining factor (as opposed to one significant factor among others) since he was not the first black person to run for President, and not even the first black Democrat... yet none of the others elicited this kind of response from the electorate in general and from black people in particular. So to me, something beside race had to be going on or else we'd have a President Jesse Jackson or President Allen West by now. Heh. In fact, wasn't that one of Hillary Clinton's whisper campaign tactics... stating the "common knowledge" that his race made him "unelectable"? Being black was seen as a major disadvantage pre-Obama, and now that's the only reason he was elected? There's a major disconnect there somewhere for me.

All kinds of politicians have caught fire with the public, and a lot of it seems to be about having charisma while convincingly delivering the right message at the right moment to me. I mean look at Palin, she of relatively thin experience herself, but she hit the scene in a huge way as well. Was it because she was an attractive woman? I'm sure that didn't hurt, but I don't think one could say that was all it was, you know? I think her mystique as a crusading plain-talk Washington outsider at a time when people were yearning for that, combined with her skill at delivering a red meat type speech, was just as much a factor as her looks or gender. I would guess Obama is someone similar... people wanted a bipartisan type who could rise above and bring everyone together, and there was a thirst to see a smart person as pres again after Bush got (unfairly to some) painted as an imbecile... then Obama comes along and does a bang up job selling himself as just that...plus he was just as much of a Washington "outsider" as Palin, and people seemed to be into the idea that was what was needed. If anything I think that's what got the ball rolling, and the fact he was black (and nice looking) helped it take on an extra level of hype. But that's not the same as saying it as ONLY because he was black, or even mostly, since any ol' black person would probably not been able to pull it off.

As for your college debate, just because your opponent went for the "emotional appeal" tactic doesn't mean that was the only argument he could have made.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
What specifically makes you think that I'm racist other than disliking Obama?

Please be thorough.
This whole "argument" (in quotes because you're acting like a silly racist towards the POTUS) proves it. Even the fact that you brought in your wife as ammunition proves it even more. If she were white would you have even brought her up? Nope! You only used her in your argument because she's black.

Sorry, sparky. You made your racist bed, now lay down in it.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I see where you are coming from, but at the same time I can't see his race as being the defining factor (as opposed to one significant factor among others) since he was not the first black person to run for President, and not even the first black Democrat... yet none of the others elicited this kind of response from the electorate in general and from black people in particular. So to me, something beside race had to be going on or else we'd have a President Jesse Jackson or President Allen West by now. Heh. In fact, wasn't that one of Hillary Clinton's whisper campaign tactics... stating the "common knowledge" that his race made him "unelectable"? Being black was seen as a major disadvantage pre-Obama, and now that's the only reason he was elected? There's a major disconnect there somewhere for me.

All kinds of politicians have caught fire with the public, and a lot of it seems to be about having charisma while convincingly delivering the right message at the right moment to me. I mean look at Palin, she of relatively thin experience herself, but she hit the scene in a huge way as well. Was it because she was an attractive woman? I'm sure that didn't hurt, but I don't think one could say that was all it was, you know? I think her mystique as a crusading plain-talk Washington outsider at a time when people were yearning for that, combined with her skill at delivering a red meat type speech, was just as much a factor as her looks or gender. I would guess Obama is someone similar... people wanted a bipartisan type who could rise above and bring everyone together, and there was a thirst to see a smart person as pres again after Bush got (unfairly to some) painted as an imbecile... then Obama comes along and does a bang up job selling himself as just that...plus he was just as much of a Washington "outsider" as Palin, and people seemed to be into the idea that was what was needed. If anything I think that's what got the ball rolling, and the fact he was black (and nice looking) helped it take on an extra level of hype. But that's not the same as saying it as ONLY because he was black, or even mostly, since any ol' black person would probably not been able to pull it off.

As for your college debate, just because your opponent went for the "emotional appeal" tactic doesn't mean that was the only argument he could have made.

You are Right!!! I completely forgot about Shirley Chisholm, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. That completely blows away the notion that Obama was elected because he is black. It also blows away the notion that blacks will vote for any black democrat as well. Truthfully if Colin Powell would have ran against Obama I really think that he would have won.

Last edited by simetime; 11-01-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 PM

490 posts, read 650,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
All evidence suggests Obama is equipped with below average intelligence. If a person cannot see this, well thats perfectly fine everyone is different, thats how we learn from each other.
That's usually the case with people at the top of the Harvard Law Review.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are Right!!! I completely forgot about Shirley Chisholm, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. That completely blows away the notion that Obama was elected because he is black. It also blows away the notion that blacks will vote for any black democrat as well. Truthfully if Colin Powell would have ran against Obama I really think that he would have won.
Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson never made even CLOSE to halfway through the primaries. They were jokes from the get go. Obama has been the only major party candidate to make it to November...he is the litmus test. Chisholm was the only candidate worth noticing of the three and she only managed to get 153 electoral votes which is nowhere near the delegates needed.

And the fact that they didn't garner enough support to win their party's nod in no way proves or disproves that these candidates didn't win the majority of african American votes in their respective primaries.....this is moot.

Last edited by wnewberry22; 11-01-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
This whole "argument" (in quotes because you're acting like a silly racist towards the POTUS) proves it. Even the fact that you brought in your wife as ammunition proves it even more. If she were white would you have even brought her up? Nope! You only used her in your argument because she's black.

Sorry, sparky. You made your racist bed, now lay down in it.
How does my argument prove it?

And I will repeat....be thorough. I want to know exactly how it is racist.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
How does my argument prove it?

And I will repeat....be thorough. I want to know exactly how it is racist.
Nice try, but it won't work. Read the past responses for your proof.

You're acting like a racist because a white man is in office. Sorry, sparky. You're not shaking this.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Nice try, but it won't work. Read the past responses for your proof.

You're acting like a racist because a white man is in office. Sorry, sparky. You're not shaking this.
You can't answer the question, can you?

Ohhhhhh this is rich.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
All evidence suggests Obama is equipped with below average intelligence. If a person cannot see this, well thats perfectly fine everyone is different, thats how we learn from each other.

Hopefully, those who made the mistake of voting for him have seen the pure light and correct their voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections