Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times

Advertisements

If the people who voted for obama weren't idiots he wouldn't be president. But they were/are and he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Believe me, I'm well aware of the requirements to be the President. What I'm gathering from your post though, is that in your opinion the only thing Barack Obama has done that qualifies him to be the POTUS is not die for 35 consecutive years. What has he done in life (other than have a pulse) that uniquely qualifies him to run the country? I listed his resume on my previous post...feel free to augment it for inaccuracies. So far all that you've done is make appeals to race and rack your beleaguered brain for short-bus quality insults.

...and if the combination of the words intellectual and fortitude merit the use of a dictionary or thesaurus for you, then maybe you should spend less time spouting incoherent ramblings on a forum and more time brushing up your tenuous hold on the English language.
Blah, blah. You asked what qualifications Obama had and I told you what he had. The case is shut, the issue is closed. Keep on stirring dirt up, but it won't change the fact that a black man is in office (and might stay there for another 4 years) and you can't stand it. You want one of your own in there.

This whole thing always has been and always will be about race with you people. Get over it, get used to it, and learn to accept it - you're just an angry white racist who wants a white man in office.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 AM

If the people who voted for Bush weren't idiots he wouldn't have been voted president. But they were/are and he was.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Blah, blah. You asked what qualifications Obama had and I told you what he had. The case is shut, the issue is closed. Keep on stirring dirt up, but it won't change the fact that a black man is in office (and might stay there for another 4 years) and you can't stand it. You want one of your own in there.

This whole thing always has been and always will be about race with you people. Get over it, get used to it, and learn to accept it - you're just an angry white racist who wants a white man in office.
For the love of god...you are quickly proving yourself to be one of the most profoundly moronic posters on this forum. Either you're too stupid to understand what I'm asking or incapable of stringing together a legitimate response. The only thing you've managed to do with any consistency is make appeals to race. And again...I will appease your race card because it seems that is all that you have to go on. My wife is Black which means that half of my family is Black. My congressional candidate of choice is Vernon Parker (Arizona 9th District), a Black male. I have no problem whatsoever with Black people or anyone else for that matter. I do, however have a problem with stupid people. Moreover, I have a problem with stupid people who rely on moot issues as a crutch to support their incoherent diatribes about god knows what and further on that....I have a problem with stupid people (like yourself) that perpetuate the problems that this country has worked so hard to get beyond....yeah...I'm talking about you. People like you rely on this issue as the infinite crutch of their inadequacies because you...on your own merit are worth about as much as heavy sack of sh*t stained bedding.

Now, let me hold your hand and rephrase the original question so that you and your room temperature IQ may bet able to wrap your efforts around it.

What specifically about his experience, prior to the presidency, qualified him to run the country?

I ask this question because I am 100% that you voted for him...if you were old enough to do so in 2008. So far, I'm not hearing one reason that you voted for him other than he was old enough to run. I think I'm beginning to see WHY race is the common theme of your rhetoric. You have absolutely NO idea why you voted for Obama. None whatsoever.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:

5- Black people have overwhelmingly voted for democrats in the past, true. But if you would spend less of your time worrying about which emoticon you were going to punctuate your sentence with and more time reading the post you would see that I typed "POLLING." Obama's elections are the first time that the GOP candidates have polled at ZERO percent. When Dole, Bush, Bush Sr, and others ran...the GOP at least polled a percentage point or two. Now they are polling at ZERO percent.....coincidence???
Your other points downplays how sick America was of Bush & Republican policy to that point. Any candidate would have generated increased voter turnout, even if it was less than Obama did.

But, your point #5 seems absurdly myopic. How are you treating Black opinion of the Republican party as something that exists in a vacuum?

Are you seriously saying that the race-baiting that's been kicked into overdrive since Obama came into office, and since the Republican primaries started have NOTHING to do w/ driving away the handful of Blacks that vote Republican?

Let's just go w/ the things that the most prominent members of your party have made regarding Black people:

-Bachmann signing a pledge claiming that Black children were better off in slavery times
-Gingrich telling a crowd that he'd tell Black people to ask for jobs instead of food stamps.
-Santorum telling a crowd that he doesn't want welfare to make Black people's lives better by giving them other people's money.
-Romney telling a crowd that a convention of professional Blacks was looking for more free-stuff from the gov't.

This isn't partisan. This stuff is patently offensive. And the tendency of Republicans as a whole to circle the wagons after these comments are made, not apologize or retract those comments, only serves to paint Republicans in a worse light.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
What specifically about his experience, prior to the presidency, qualified him to run the country?
Already answered this. The requirements of being able to run for POTUS is what qualified Obama to run for it. What part of this do you not understand? Need I hold your hand even more?

Quote:
I ask this question because I am 100% that you voted for him...if you were old enough to do so in 2008. So far, I'm not hearing one reason that you voted for him other than he was old enough to run. I think I'm beginning to see WHY race is the common theme of your rhetoric. You have absolutely NO idea why you voted for Obama. None whatsoever.
You're making some wild assumptions here, sparky. I didn't vote in 2008 even though I was 21. Wonder why? I was serving in the US Navy at the time and was out to sea while voting was going on.

Again - this is all about race for you and you people. You don't mind a black man in some local or state congressional seat, but president of the United States? NOPE! Can't have that at all! As I said, produce all the steam and spin this all you want it doesn't change what this is all about:

Skin Color.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Your other points downplays how sick America was of Bush & Republican policy to that point. Any candidate would have generated increased voter turnout, even if it was less than Obama did.

But, your point #5 seems absurdly myopic. How are you treating Black opinion of the Republican party as something that exists in a vacuum?

Are you seriously saying that the race-baiting that's been kicked into overdrive since Obama came into office, and since the Republican primaries started have NOTHING to do w/ driving away the handful of Blacks that vote Republican?

Let's just go w/ the things that the most prominent members of your party have made regarding Black people:

-Bachmann signing a pledge claiming that Black children were better off in slavery times
-Gingrich telling a crowd that he'd tell Black people to ask for jobs instead of food stamps.
-Santorum telling a crowd that he doesn't want welfare to make Black people's lives better by giving them other people's money.
-Romney telling a crowd that a convention of professional Blacks was looking for more free-stuff from the gov't.

This isn't partisan. This stuff is patently offensive. And the tendency of Republicans as a whole to circle the wagons after these comments are made, not apologize or retract those comments, only serves to paint Republicans in a worse light.

I'm not saying that a lot of the GOP leadership haven't made dumb statements in the past about african americans but ultimately most people vote with their wallets and their personal finances. Romney is polling at a higher percentage with homosexuals despite clearly admonishing the lifestyle and working diligently to take away their rights to marry...yet he still polls better with them than with african americans and the reason is that his economic policies are business friendly. There are tons of blacks and gays that own successful businesses so theoreticall, he stands to help them and their balance sheets with his plan to cut taxes further. There are tons of "log cabin" republicans who vote for the GOP despite their clearly anit-gay (which I disagree with) stance. The GOP candidates have made some stupid comments but ultimately their policies don't directly target african americans like they do gay voters. Yet gay voters still poll higher for the GOP than african americans. Now, I'm not saying that gay voters poll all that high for the GOP, but it is higher. Black voters have never polled all that high for GOP candidates but it has been consistent over the years. Now...that Obama is running and ran in 08 it is dropped to 0%.

I don't care how it's spun...that is a HIGHLY abnormal drop.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Already answered this. The requirements of being able to run for POTUS is what qualified Obama to run for it. What part of this do you not understand? Need I hold your hand even more?

You're making some wild assumptions here, sparky. I didn't vote in 2008 even though I was 21. Wonder why? I was serving in the US Navy at the time and was out to sea while voting was going on.

Again - this is all about race for you and you people. You don't mind a black man in some local or state congressional seat, but president of the United States? NOPE! Can't have that at all! As I said, produce all the steam and spin this all you want it doesn't change what this is all about:

Skin Color.
So far this is what I've learned from you:
-You support Obama because he hasn't died for over 35 straight years as you've provided no evidence for your support otherwise...literally not one single reason...I don't think I've ever seen that before.
-You have no other reasons that you can rack your less than adequate brain for supporting him, so you repeat the same line that you've typed before which in no way explains your stance other than the "minimum tangible requirements" to be the POTUS have been met.
-You have nothing to argue on...so you try to make me look like a racist which in your hopelessly misguided psyche invalidates my point...............remarkable.
-You were too stupid to request an absentee ballot. (They do that for military personnel...even those at sea).
-You're location MUST be accurate because LA is one of the only places I've met people as dumb as you appear to be.
- You don't seem to be able to read between the lines well because you keep phrasing your "responses" as what qualifies him to "run," despite my repeating attempts to ask what qualifies him to be President. What has he done in the past? What about his education? Work Experience? Personal qualities? The Intangibles that make a candidate worthy of this office........I mean for God sakes....WHY DO YOU LIKE HIM!!?!?!

Just to save both of us some time I'm going to go ahead and type out an answer that I'd wager will be comparable to yours.

Bleh blah blah, Obama is 35, blech blark blerf, Obama is my jesus, blah blerp blah I don't know anything about Obama's history, bleh blah blah you're a racist because you dont' agree with me, blah blah blah blah generic insult, generic insult, blah blah bleh bluh tax the rich blerp blah blar i hate romney

**notice the emoticons used to punctuate*** I know how liberals like bright and shiny faces.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that a lot of the GOP leadership haven't made dumb statements in the past about african americans but ultimately most people vote with their wallets and their personal finances. Romney is polling at a higher percentage with homosexuals despite clearly admonishing the lifestyle and working diligently to take away their rights to marry...yet he still polls better with them than with african americans and the reason is that his economic policies are business friendly. There are tons of blacks and gays that own successful businesses so theoreticall, he stands to help them and their balance sheets with his plan to cut taxes further. There are tons of "log cabin" republicans who vote for the GOP despite their clearly anit-gay (which I disagree with) stance. The GOP candidates have made some stupid comments but ultimately their policies don't directly target african americans like they do gay voters. Yet gay voters still poll higher for the GOP than african americans. Now, I'm not saying that gay voters poll all that high for the GOP, but it is higher. Black voters have never polled all that high for GOP candidates but it has been consistent over the years. Now...that Obama is running and ran in 08 it is dropped to 0%.

I don't care how it's spun...that is a HIGHLY abnormal drop.
What was the polling for McCain when he ran against the Black guy? So what's changed between then & now? I'm sure you know some Conservative Blacks. Ask them if they've ever seen a more racially hostile election cycle than these last 2-4 years. If Republicans want to blame someone for the ABNORMAL drop in support, then they should look at their ABNORMAL rhetoric directed against Black people.

When Republicans have made outreach attempts to Blacks AND avoided denigrating them to White rural crowds, they've had their Black support. This election cycle, they have failed in BOTH regards. There hasn't been a single outreach attempt by Republicans for the Black vote, only comments to support/promote negative stereotypes to White crowds. That always looks a certain way, regardless if you're D or R.

And don't tell me that the appearance of respect doesn't play a part in the voting process b/c many Republicans vote on who shows more respect or is less hostile to the things they care about, like religion.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I know how liberals like bright and shiny faces.
TL;DR.

You assume I'm liberal. I'm not - I've stated many, many times before that I'm a Centrist (Moderate/Independent).

You're doing your party a disservice by attempting to attack me like you have been. No wonder you're upset that a black man is in the Oval Office.

You asked a question, I answered it. What more do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections