Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you honestly think any political party will ever have any real positive effect within our African-American communities? Until cities and states invest in our African-American communities, investing in the schools, the jobs, and the safety of those neighborhoods, there is no president that will be able to cause any real change.

But I will say, I think the Republicans look at the black community as welfare checks and criminals while the Democrats look at them like a safe voting block that they can basically ignore until election season. Neither point of view is right.
Investing in schools, what are you talking about? Do you have any idea how much per student is spent in many inner city schools? Money is not the answer to school problems, but this is a totally different topic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,947 times
"some"???

Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Investing in schools, what are you talking about? Do you have any idea how much per student is spent in many inner city schools? Money is not the answer to school problems, but this is a totally different topic..
This is true. Intercity schools cost significantly more than their suburban counterparts. To begin with, the district that houses them has to pay teachers more to attract them. Also a great deal of extra money has to be poured into support programs. The money is being spent, we just aren't getting a good return on it. I've said it before, if you want to improve education you have to start in the home. The best way to fix what ails the black community is to figure out a way to get the black father back in the home.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,484 times
They are not stupid they just like being enslaved to a master and that new master is big brother government.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,869 times
Don't you guys get tired of this? You guys are just causing more separation and with a minority being republicans don't expect any different in 2016.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I said "invest" I never said it had to be money....you just assumed that. Although the things that do cost money are smaller class sizes, after school programs, and proper equipment and books for furthering education.

Actually, do you have any idea how much we spend per student in inner schools?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,646,616 times
Every election, no matter who wins, there are dumb voters.

They are uneducated and vote based on some reason that really doesn't lead to anything about leading our country.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 AM

17,779 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Don't you guys get tired of this? You guys are just causing more separation and with a minority being republicans don't expect any different in 2016.
Calling them "dumb" is the pubs way of inviting them into the party.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:48 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You just proved are bright some blacks are.. Not very...
Because my friend doesn't expect the President to help him out personally?

You may have a helpless nanny state attitude, but my friend doesn't.

I agree with my friend, I don't expect any President to help me out personally, anyone who does is the not so bright one.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
I wasn't aware that only blacks voted for Obama. I think that EVERYONE who voted to reelect Obama is stupid. Look what he has done for the last four years. Then you reelect him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections