Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,747,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I don't think a democrat should concern themselves about this case. Just pull up a chair and watch the fur fly. Watching Palin nearly blow her top on national TV was reward enough for me. Democrats were not expected to win this seat anyway so they have nothing to lose. The republicans will either bloody each other up and the left does not have to do or say a word. Enjoy the show boys.

Reggie

Don't b**** about pork going to MS either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 08:58 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,991,437 times
Some people just can't deal with the fact that a Tea Party conservative lost. I just wish that Cochran had decided to retire and the GOP had another strong contender to run against this Tea Party clown; this coming from a democrat. I know Mississippi will be very hard pressed to ever have a democratic Senator again in the near future, but an old GOP type Republican is easier to work with than a tea party clown.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
That still doesn't answer the question of why a Democratic poll book was updated in a Republican run-off election.
Those who didn't vote in the D primary were eligible to vote in the R runoff.

I checked around, and here's a little more clarification of how this works. Each registered voter's name is listed in both the Democratic and Republican Poll Books in any MS primary election. When the voter chooses which party's ballot s/he wants, it's marked in the corresponding party's book. That's why there are 4 names marked voted on June 3rd on that Democratic Poll Book sheet. Those 4 people voted in the Democratic primary on June 3rd. The 3 of the 4 who then voted again on June 24th SHOULD have been turned away from voting in the R runoff like the example I posted from the Clarion-Ledger, but for whatever reason... fraud, election tampering, whatever... they were illegally allowed to vote in the R runoff.

More info here:
http://lauderdalecounty.org/Sample%20Ballot.pdf

This is actually looking pretty bad. They keep finding more and more.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,343,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

If a Senate primary vote was to be overturned, it would make national headlines, so yeah, the NYT would report it.

Although your MSM conspiracy theories are stupid 100% of the time, they're especially stupid in this case.
More koolade for you.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,343,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I checked around, and here's a little more clarification of how this works. Each registered voter's name is listed in both the Democratic and Republican Poll Books in any MS primary election. When the voter chooses which party's ballot s/he wants, it's marked in the corresponding party's book. That's why there are 4 names marked voted on June 3rd on that Democratic Poll Book sheet. Those 4 people voted in the Democratic primary on June 3rd. The 3 of the 4 who then voted again on June 24th SHOULD have been turned away from voting in the R runoff like the example I posted from the Clarion-Ledger, but for whatever reason... fraud, election tampering, whatever... they were illegally allowed to vote in the R runoff.

More info here:

Or looking pretty good if you are McDaniels.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
This thread sure ruffled the feathers of the libs.

If there really is evidence then let it be presented. Are you afraid of the truth?
Ruffled feathers? The GOP is engaged in a very public civil war. Cochran won the first battle, but here comes McDaniel armed with "the truth." Bring it on! There isn't enough popcorn in the world.

It's funny, too, that you think anyone on the left cares if this result gets overturned. The Democrats wanted McDaniel to win, because with the backing of the GOP, six-term incumbent Cochran was close to unbeatable. But Tea Party candidates have a way of taking themselves out of the race. Their popularity is waning and McDaniel has a history that would provide a lot of fodder for Childers' campaign. Now, of course, who knows, the Democrat might actually have a shot. In Mississippi. Who would have thought?

The enjoyment you perceive that some liberals are getting out of Cochran's win is because his win is the Tea Party's loss. So it wasn't all bad.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 PM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I wish I could pick my opposition, if I were running for office.
That's exactly what happened. The Democrats picked their opponent. Republicans were disenfranchised from selecting their own candidate.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,823,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

More info here:

Sounds very odd. It would be very easy to find out who allowed them to vote that 2nd time.

OF course if it did happen then who did they vote for in the run-off? There is no proof of how an individual voted. Start tossing votes on this and all hell will break loose.

10,835 posts, read 14,950,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
What a bunch of garbage. Just shows how much they right hates democracy.
Only the truly ignorant would want a democracy.

26,557 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You know, either way this washes out is fine with me. Democrats wanted McDaniel to be the candidate all along because he would be easier to beat. And probably even more so now, should he win this fight. There will be a lot of Cochran supporters who won't vote for him. And if Cochran stays on the ticket, the McDaniel supporters won't vote for him, and may vote against him or write in McDaniel.

Fun times! All the Democrats need do is pop the corn and enjoy the show. Any way you slice it, this probably doesn't end well for the GOP.
You may be right. This GOP vs Tea Party schism may allow Obama to keep the Senate in November's election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections