Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well, there is reason he bolted from the Senate prematurely. He has one helluva temper and any extended campaign is going to set that off.

Smart guy, but not suited for politics.
Someone with a temper wouldnt turn me off..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 11:08 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,209,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Webb is a closet Republican. He only switched parties to run for Senate.
So? Someone had to stand up to macaca. And he sure gave it to the neocons in his address in the post elections address.

You do realize there is no more Republican party, right? Just the party of Rove and neocons.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:18 AM

13,680 posts, read 20,822,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No more then the New Jersey Governor
The NJ Governor has won two terms in his state. Webb bolted the Senate after 1 term. I doubt either could win the White House, but crazier things have happened.

But I would take him over Hillary in a minute.

Note:

If you and anyone else can find it, Webb, along with John Kerry, did an interview/point-counterpoint thing on the then MacNeil-Lehrer New Hour back in 1992 or so. The subject was Bill Clinton's draft controversy.

Kerry gave a genuine and impassioned defense of Clinton. Good- damn good. If he had campaigned like that, he would have beaten Bush.

Webb calmly began his response with a comment that both zinged and complimented Kerry.

Both men a top of their game.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:21 AM

13,680 posts, read 20,822,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Someone with a temper wouldnt turn me off..
Yes, but you are but one vote amongst millions.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yes, but you are but one vote amongst millions.
Two! Two!

Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,671,876 times
Webb has long been a favorite of mine. I think he'd make an excellent president. His agenda would probably be very popular too. He's an economic populist (which is why he's a democrat) but he's pro gun, pro military and pro redneck. He'd definitely poach some red state votes, but I don't see him being able to beat Hillary in the primary.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:42 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,785,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Webb is a closet Republican. He only switched parties to run for Senate.
Nope. He is a real democrat. Just a moderate, who is strong on defense and all that. A Blue Dog who is smart enough to see through the GOP bs.

And I think it would be good to have some Scots-Irish temper in the White House. The GOP terriers need a pit bull to get them in line.

Webb 2016!

Bring it!!!!

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 11-20-2014 at 11:55 AM..

Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Webb has long been a favorite of mine. I think he'd make an excellent president. His agenda would probably be very popular too. He's an economic populist (which is why he's a democrat) but he's pro gun, pro military and pro redneck. He'd definitely poach some red state votes, but I don't see him being able to beat Hillary in the primary.
Really? I don't see why he couldn't beat her. After all, she's way past her expiration date and frankly, I'm not sure her health wouldn't give out well prior to the election. Unless they prop her up and stuff her. And I'm not talking about her age here, I'm talking about her physical condition. Which I think is worse than we're lead to believe.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,785,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I sure hope you are wrong (bolded). I think nominating Hillary will be a huge mistake. She has zero crossover appeal, and even among the party faithful she does not inspire.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nope. He is a real democrat. Just a moderate, who is strong on defense on that. A Blue Dog who is smart enough to see through the GOP bs.

And I think it would be good to have some Scots-Irish temper in the White House. The GOP terriers need a pit bull to get them in line.

Webb 2016!

Bring it!!!!
Three! Three!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections