Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree with Sanders' "Free College" Platform?
Yes 65 36.52%
No 113 63.48%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:46 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

a tax break by it's very definition means you're getting help. Billionaire's don't need financial help.

I just love the hypocrites who are against welfare and helping the poor but billionaires and corporate welfare?? No problem!!
Just another progressive who can't see the difference between keeping what you EARNED and getting a handout you didn't.

I just love the hypocrites who are against someone else getting a tax deduction but take advantage of every one they can themselves.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:58 AM

174 posts, read 124,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yup. There would he cries of discrimination if we tried to send only those who are college ready and only our own citizens. It would cost too much if we sent everyone and tax dollars would be wasted on those who never finish. If they're not motivated to do the work when they are paying for it how much less will motivated will they be when it's free?

I would be for a program that paid back student debt for those who go into high demand fields and finish their degrees.
Community colleges also have vocational classes and trade classes. What's the problem with allowing "those" students in. I'm very concerned about the disconnect in this country among highly educated people who don't interact with less educated, yet very useful, people.

As for the original question: I'm not sure if CC should be free, but ALL college should be much less expensive than it currently is. Before Reagan became governor of California, their state school system was very reasonable.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
And where's the money for this going to come from?
How about some sort of tax on goods that are produced in other countries? Companies that keep the ENTIRE company in America should get some sort of reward, I'd say.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhead1977 View Post
How about some sort of tax on goods that are produced in other countries? Companies that keep the ENTIRE company in America should get some sort of reward, I'd say.
You must have missed it, progressives hate it when tax breaks are given to evil corporations and billionaires.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just another progressive who can't see the difference between keeping what you EARNED and getting a handout you didn't.

I just love the hypocrites who are against someone else getting a tax deduction but take advantage of every one they can themselves.
I'm not a progressive. Good thing you don't make ASSumptions for a living, you'd be broke.

Billionaires don't need welfare. end of story

Old 08-19-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Reaching into my wallet and taking my money and giving it to someone else is not "HELP", it is theft.
but let me guess - you're just fine with your tax dollars subsidizing Walmart, right?

Old 08-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
They are actually the exact same thing, tax breaks.

It isn't even an anology.

You really should be the change you wish to see in the world.
Close the corporate welfare/tax loopholes. I am voting for whoever is for that.

no more US tax dollars / welfare for billion $ companies. These same companies who many times hire illegals and import cheap workforce using H-1B visas.

AMERICANS FIRST!

No offense, but this topic is not your strong suit. You're in over your head.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You must have missed it, progressives hate it when tax breaks are given to evil corporations and billionaires.
They wouldn't get a tax break, they would just not have to pay taxes for keeping a good chunk of their company off shore. So any companies who uses offshore manufacturing should basically have some sort of import tax.

Why are you defending corporations and billionaires by the way? Just how much money does one CEO making billions need when their lowest paid employee is on temp status?

Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
They wouldn't get a tax break, they would just not have to pay taxes for keeping a good chunk of their company off shore. So any companies who uses offshore manufacturing should basically have some sort of import tax.

Why are you defending corporations and billionaires by the way? Just how much money does one CEO making billions need when their lowest paid employee is on temp status?
Exactly!!

I really don't get the rationale behind defending tax breaks and corporate WELFARE (YES! it IS in fact, WELFARE), so that CEO's and multi millionaires/billionaires can keep getting richer, on the US taxpayers teet!

ALL THE WHILE - taking these BILLIONS OF DOLLARS from the US taxpayers and exploiting H-1B visas to import cheap labor in a move which actually screws the US taxpayer

GROSS! just gross

Old 08-19-2015, 02:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
They wouldn't get a tax break, they would just not have to pay taxes for keeping a good chunk of their company off shore.
Most liberals call that corporate welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections