Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:15 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,846,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But I don't think he will win presidency.

Do you think he would win? if so, please give me your reasons. I would be willing to listen.
It's quite simple. People are drawn to him, as evidenced by his standing in the polls. If he continues to hold his lead and gets the Republican nomination, he will go up against Hillary who has steadily dropped in the polls. People don't like Hillary, and I think if it's between Trump and Hillary he will win.

Of course it's very early in the race so things can change, but I do believe he has a good shot at winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 02:15 PM

260 posts, read 218,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I dont think Trump realizes he is running to be the Commander in Chief of The American Forces, and the bad attitude he has towards POW's is just too bad to mention here. He doesnt want to be President. I think he knows he cant win. He just likes the attention, he begs for it. Everything is about TRUMP, and his ego!

I could see Trump meeting survivors of Bataan. "I like people who aren't captured".

Old 07-26-2015, 02:20 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
The ability to say what someone is going to do in the future requires a psychic ability.
Some people may have that. I don't. I don't see that as important anyway. Who knew G W Bush
was going to be distracted by 9/11 shortly after he was elected. Most of what he planed
on doing was abandoned.
Who knew that Obama was not going to deliver on many of his promises and sell out to Wall ST ?
( loaded question, all the ones that voted against him, OK, we know who you are )

What candidate has detailed plans to do what they say they will on all the issues at this point ?
How many others are answering the question about what to do with those already here on immigration ?
What detailed plan did Jeb Bush put out when he said
he would pursue a Constitutional amendment on the budget ?

Trump is saying I will, along with my team, negotiate deals that America will like.
No one else is doing that and they haven't for a long time.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:21 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
It's quite simple. People are drawn to him, as evidenced by his standing in the polls. If he continues to hold his lead and gets the Republican nomination, he will go up against Hillary who has steadily dropped in the polls. People don't like Hillary, and I think if it's between Trump and Hillary he will win.

Of course it's very early in the race so things can change, but I do believe he has a good shot at winning.
I agree. I know I like him, but in order to be the president, he needs to get down to details. Also, I really need to know how he controls his impulse.

Now, please don't shoot the messenger (me) if you don't agree with the following because these are not my words.

Don’t be fooled by Trump’s double-digit lead in a new poll: He is not going to win. He’s not going to win the primary. He’s not going to win the general. He’s not going to win a third-party bid. Sure, he can damage the GOP ticket badly enough to guarantee Hillary’s election, but he can’t win. He’s too flawed, too liberal, too undisciplined and too afflicted with verbal dysentery when even slightly provoked. He lacks the fundamental presence and gravitas of a commander-in-chief.

Read more: Trump Voters Are Hillary

agree or not agree, this article makes sense.

I don't agree with the TOO liberal part, I think he appeals to tea party. I do agree with the "too undisciplined part." I need to see more of him and make sure that he can control his impulse.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:23 PM

Trump is Herman Cain.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:28 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,846,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
Trump is Herman Cain.
Herman Cain turned out to be a bumbling idiot. Trump is far from being an idiot.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Herman Cain turned out to be a bumbling idiot. Trump is far from being an idiot.
He isn't?

Old 07-26-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, Trump is a genius. But he is no Ross Perot or Ron Paul. I can't figure him out yet. But I like what I see so far. I hope he sticks around.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
He isn't?
No. This is the reason why the people of America love Donald Trump; he's a man whom the media will NEVER be able to intimidate and frighten into going away.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No. This is the reason why the people of America love Donald Trump; he's a man whom the media will NEVER be able to intimidate and frighten into going away.
Sure. That's because he treats it as a joke. I mean,a guy who employs loads of illegals is now Tom Tancredo/Joe Arpaio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections