Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:14 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Donald Trump's mother came from Scotland. His father's parents were from Germany.

Trump's Parents and Grandparents

His mother's family came to the US from Scotland for economic benefit.

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php
You do know that Trump is not against legal immigration, correct?

Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You do know that Trump is not against legal immigration, correct?
You should read the previous 13 pages, post by post. Then take it up with the poster that resurrected this old zombie thread.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:19 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:
At what point did I fabricate anything? His mother came to the United States with her family due to the economic hardships faced in their home country, just like so many others.

Trump wants to send people back that were even born here and are American citizens. How is that legal?

I don't have a vested interest in the immigration fight but I'm not angry about it either. I do find it telling that Trump never talks about the undocumented immigrants from other countries, only Mexico. Yet 30-40% of them are a result of overstaying their Visa.

40% of Illegal Immigrants Overstayed Visas - Breitbart
The people you refer to as American citizens are the anchor babies. I didn't hear about him wanting to send anchor babies home - just the illegals. If the illegals have anchor babies they can take them with them or leave them in the US. If the parent(s) want to take them with them the children can return to the US at any time.

The Chinese come legally (visa) on what is called a "Chinese Birth Tour" industry, give birth to their American citizen child and when they go back to China they take their child with them. Thousands of Chinese have been doing this for years and they return to their country with the child.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:33 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
He never talks about immigrants from Islamic countries - is it because he has investments in Dubai and Saudi Arabia? I wonder if his ire at Mexico has to do with getting burned in a real estate deal in Mexico - seems that the people he was dealing with were a great deal sharper than he was.
What interests has he established in Dubai and Saudi Arabia that have been completed and operational?

Old 09-02-2015, 02:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
You resurrected a thread from weeks ago to ask that? Really? By the way, Trump's wife is also an immigrant, he's surrounded by them. I don't care, he's likely the GOP candidate and they can have him.
Trumps wife's a LEGAL alien. Nothing wrong with legal aliens. ILLEGAL aliens are just common criminals. Period.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:53 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Yep. But considering how recent Trump's family is, where do you draw the line? Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, where do you draw the line? And while the GOP is saying these poor people need to go home and find jobs there, so should Trump's mother and her family.
Sigh.

OK. I'll type slowly for your benefit.

LEGAL IMMIGRANT

1. Fills out multiple forms (residency going back 10 years prior to application, educational background, health background, financial background, family background), so as to prove that you are not a criminal and that you have either the financial resources or professional experience so that you will not become a financial burden to your new country (the US).

2. Pays to have an ICE approved doctor perform a physical

3. Goes to an ICE approved law enforcement agency to be fingerprinted. Has those same fingerprints put through an FBI data base

4. Drives (often hundreds of miles) and waits in line (always for many hours) when contacted to go to ICE interview. On a number of occasions.

5. Pays out many hundreds of dollars initially, that inevitably grows into thousands of dollars over the years of the application.

6.Waits. Waits. Waits. Fills in more paperwork. Gets fingerprints taken again when ICE loses first set. Waits. Waits. Waits. Sends in more money when requested by mail. There is no point in trying to clarify what the money is for. Nobody ever answers the phone or returns your messages.

7. Swears that he/she has never been a prostitute, never been a member of the Nazi Party, never been a party to genocide.

8. After many years, mountains of paperwork, many dollars, and many interviews with smug and dismissive feds, you get your approved status. Legal Resident Alien.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

1. Sneaks across the border, ignoring all laws pertaining to the legal immigration process.

2. Comes to this country on a limited-basis visa and decides that they don't want to go home, ignoring all laws pertaining to the legal immigration process.

I came here legally. I am now an American citizen. Ask me what I think about illegal immigration?

Last edited by juneaubound; 09-02-2015 at 03:04 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 02:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I'm not going to waste my time on this old zombie thread and repeat the same posts - again. I'll request the mods to close it.

Mods, as the OP, can I request that you close this old thread?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:21 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's mother came from Scotland. His father's parents were from Germany.

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

Funny when you go the first link that you posted and click on "Obama's Parents and Grandparents" link it goes to this;
Romney vs Obama

A Romney vs Obama 2012 page.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:

How do we know Trump wasn't an anchor baby? Has anyone checked the dates his parents became citizens compared to cry baby Trump's birth?

Old 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How do we know Trump wasn't an anchor baby? Has anyone checked the dates his parents became citizens compared to cry baby Trump's birth?

Trump Parents and Grandparents
• Donald Trump is the grandson of immigrants.

His paternal grandfather, Frederick Trump (Drumpf), came from Germany in 1885 and became a citizen in 1892. He returned to Germany for a bride, Elisabeth Christ, in 1902 and sired three children.

• Frederick’s son, Fred Christ Trump, married Mary Anne MacLeod in 1936 and had five children, of which Donald was the second youngest. Fred died in 1999 and Mary died in 2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections