Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:54 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant as well.

All Trump policies are common sense. There should be zero illegal immigration, and for legal immigration- the type and numbers allowed should be according to the best interest of US citizens already here.
This^

Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Donald Trump policies are basic common sense.

We live in an era of corporate greed and Democrat lawlessness, common sense policies are hard to come by.

I am an immigrant myself and I support Trump's policies.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Nope. I'm not saying that's not a good goal, but we should be honest. If you read the old census' you will see many/most did not learn English. The census would say language spoken and it would say German, etc. even in places like Texas.

And Ronald Reagan issued amnesty.
oh the old ronny did it.... not ronnies didnt...the democrat controlled congress did...and it was not the first amnesty...and ronnie didnt want it.........

Reagan did NOT support amnesty. but was forced to sign it...amnesty bills have been done over 9 times...nine of those bills authored by very liberal ted kennedy

Reagans ideas on amnesty??? nope he was against it...amnesty has always been pushed by the freaking liberals

why do liberals constantly push amnesty for illegal actions of people being illegally here

to COMPLETE that picture...there have been 9 amnesty bills, 8 PASSED, since 1965....ALL authored by Ted Kennedy

In 1986 Senator Kennedy said, ‘This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.’

Ronald Reagan was opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty. In fact, if you do a little research you will find that stopping illegal immigration was part of the Republican National Committee’s platform back then and Ronald Reagan ran on that platform.

The 1986 Immigration Reform Act that rewarded illegal aliens with amnesty was known as the Simpson-Massoli bill of 1986. When first drafted, the bill was suppose to make it a criminal offense for aliens who were not authorized to work in the United States a federal criminal act and that it would be a federal crime for employers to hire illegal aliens.

Here's what happened, the Democrats in Congress refused to sign on this bill unless the 1.5 million illegal aliens already thought to be in the country illegally and would qualify for amnesty were rewarded amnesty. (reason being, if these illegal’s were to become U.S. citizens, guess what party they would most likely vote for ? )

So the amnesty part was added on to the bill other wise the Democrats wouldn't sign on. And to muffle the out cry, the American people were told that this amnesty was a one time thing and would never be repeated again.

Well the bill passed both houses of Congress and President Reagan signed the bill. In the inner circles of the administration, Ronald Reagan was to have said he may have made a mistake by signing the bill.
Guess what ?, it wasn't 1.5 million illegal aliens who would have qualified for amnesty. It turns out that over 3 million were rewarded with amnesty, mostly because of the fraud that took place during the amnesty process. Phony rent receipts, phony pay check stubs, liberal judges expunging criminal records of illegal aliens!!!

And after the bill became law, you had Teddy Kennedy watering down the enforcement part of the bill that had to do with enforcing and prosecuting employers who hired illegal aliens.

--------------------------

Here is Ted Kennedy commenting on the 1965 immigration bill,Quote
“The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission.” End of Quote.

In 1994, Ted Kennedy’s Section 245(i) Amnesty gave legal residence and jobs to 578,000 illegal aliens. It was a temporary rolling amnesty primarily for extended family members of immigrants who instead of waiting in line, come on to the country illegally.

In 1997, Ted Kennedy’s extension of the Section 245(i) rolling amnesty was followed by an increasing flow of illegal immigration.

In 1997, Ted Kennedy also won an amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America. Illegal immigration sped up some more.

In 1998, Ted Kennedy won an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.

In 2000, Ted Kennedy got the so-called Late Amnesty, legalizing another 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed that they missed out on Kennedy’s 1986 amnesty.

In 2000, Ted Kennedy also won the LIFE Act Amnesty for an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. It was another reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty...an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. Illegal immigration accelerated.

no more amnesty

Old 08-19-2015, 08:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh the old ronny did it.... not ronnies didnt...the democrat controlled congress did...and it was not the first amnesty...and ronnie didnt want it.........

Reagan did NOT support amnesty. but was forced to sign it...amnesty bills have been done over 9 times...nine of those bills authored by very liberal ted kennedy

Reagans ideas on amnesty??? nope he was against it...amnesty has always been pushed by the freaking liberals

why do liberals constantly push amnesty for illegal actions of people being illegally here

to COMPLETE that picture...there have been 9 amnesty bills, 8 PASSED, since 1965....ALL authored by Ted Kennedy

In 1986 Senator Kennedy said, ‘This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.’

Ronald Reagan was opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty. In fact, if you do a little research you will find that stopping illegal immigration was part of the Republican National Committee’s platform back then and Ronald Reagan ran on that platform.

The 1986 Immigration Reform Act that rewarded illegal aliens with amnesty was known as the Simpson-Massoli bill of 1986. When first drafted, the bill was suppose to make it a criminal offense for aliens who were not authorized to work in the United States a federal criminal act and that it would be a federal crime for employers to hire illegal aliens.

Here's what happened, the Democrats in Congress refused to sign on this bill unless the 1.5 million illegal aliens already thought to be in the country illegally and would qualify for amnesty were rewarded amnesty. (reason being, if these illegal’s were to become U.S. citizens, guess what party they would most likely vote for ? )

So the amnesty part was added on to the bill other wise the Democrats wouldn't sign on. And to muffle the out cry, the American people were told that this amnesty was a one time thing and would never be repeated again.

Well the bill passed both houses of Congress and President Reagan signed the bill. In the inner circles of the administration, Ronald Reagan was to have said he may have made a mistake by signing the bill.
Guess what ?, it wasn't 1.5 million illegal aliens who would have qualified for amnesty. It turns out that over 3 million were rewarded with amnesty, mostly because of the fraud that took place during the amnesty process. Phony rent receipts, phony pay check stubs, liberal judges expunging criminal records of illegal aliens!!!

And after the bill became law, you had Teddy Kennedy watering down the enforcement part of the bill that had to do with enforcing and prosecuting employers who hired illegal aliens.

“The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission.” End of Quote.

In 1994, Ted Kennedy’s Section 245(i) Amnesty gave legal residence and jobs to 578,000 illegal aliens. It was a temporary rolling amnesty primarily for extended family members of immigrants who instead of waiting in line, come on to the country illegally.

In 1997, Ted Kennedy’s extension of the Section 245(i) rolling amnesty was followed by an increasing flow of illegal immigration.

In 1997, Ted Kennedy also won an amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America. Illegal immigration sped up some more.

In 2000, Ted Kennedy got the so-called Late Amnesty, legalizing another 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed that they missed out on Kennedy’s 1986 amnesty.

In 2000, Ted Kennedy also won the LIFE Act Amnesty for an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. It was another reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty...an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. Illegal immigration accelerated.

no more amnesty
The wrong person died in Chappaquiddick

Old 08-19-2015, 08:15 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,027 times
Quote:
At what point did I fabricate anything? His mother came to the United States with her family due to the economic hardships faced in their home country, just like so many others.

Trump wants to send people back that were even born here and are American citizens. How is that legal?

I don't have a vested interest in the immigration fight but I'm not angry about it either. I do find it telling that Trump never talks about the undocumented immigrants from other countries, only Mexico. Yet 30-40% of them are a result of overstaying their Visa.

40% of Illegal Immigrants Overstayed Visas - Breitbart
You seem to be deliberately mis-stating facts. Trump, in his infinite wisdom, has stated ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported. You and many others like to scream that he wants ALL immigrants deported. Anchor babies muddy the water, but I think I have heard Trump's inclination is that the babies should go home with the illegal parents rather than permit the dependant child to stay and deporting the illegal parents or permitting the illegal parents to stay as a reward for properly timing a birth.

Normal policy for non-hispanic illegal immigrants seems to be to deport the whole family and the anchor baby (while deported) retains their citizenship and is permitted to return upon their majority as a legal citizen. The Parents would have to apply for a visa to return legally. Since this is how things have been done for at least a hundred years with no legal challange, it would seem that it is legal or at least nobody thinks it would be considered illegal.

Most effective debaters will limit their examples to the most common and extensively available scenarios. That my friend is the illegal immigration population sourced through the Mexico-US border, not the boat people landing in Florida or walking across the Canadian-US border. You don't make effective points if you focus on the irrelevant or statistically insignificant examples of a problem. The fight against alcohol abuse focuses on drunk drivers, not those that OD on booze and die in bed.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You seem to be deliberately mis-stating facts. Trump, in his infinite wisdom, has stated ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported. You and many others like to scream that he wants ALL immigrants deported. Anchor babies muddy the water, but I think I have heard Trump's inclination is that the babies should go home with the illegal parents rather than permit the dependant child to stay and deporting the illegal parents or permitting the illegal parents to stay as a reward for properly timing a birth.

Normal policy for non-hispanic illegal immigrants seems to be to deport the whole family and the anchor baby (while deported) retains their citizenship and is permitted to return upon their majority as a legal citizen. The Parents would have to apply for a visa to return legally. Since this is how things have been done for at least a hundred years with no legal challange, it would seem that it is legal or at least nobody thinks it would be considered illegal.

Most effective debaters will limit their examples to the most common and extensively available scenarios. That my friend is the illegal immigration population sourced through the Mexico-US border, not the boat people landing in Florida or walking across the Canadian-US border. You don't make effective points if you focus on the irrelevant or statistically insignificant examples of a problem. The fight against alcohol abuse focuses on drunk drivers, not those that OD on booze and die in bed.
Not sure if you have actually read all the posts but if 30% of 11 million are from other countries besides Mexico and South America and 40% are overstaying visas and the total is 11 million not including children, you have a much larger problem and focusing on hispanics specifically. 30% is not statistically insignificant. If a European overstays their visa and is here illegally, are you okay with that? Or is this really just about hispanics?

Old 08-19-2015, 08:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did Trump say that he wants to send those born here back home? Mexicans here illegally are more spoke about simply because they are .ere in the largest numbers illegally. When has Trump or anyone else said that they only want Mexican illegals to go home? If one can come here legally due to harsh conditions in their homelands we don't have a problem with that. If not, they can't come illegally instead. No one is being discriminated against if that is what is being implied here. No one is allowed to come here simply based on economic need, however.

No vested interest in the "immigration" fight? Yeah right, we can read, can't we?
The ones being discriminated against are the ones trying to come legally and are still waiting while the illegals are breaking the law sneaking into the united states. Sounds as though the Mexican govt is trying to rid their country of her problem children just like Castro did back in the 80s with the boat people... see what happens when we replace common sense and our quota system and replacing it with just wanting to feel fuzzy and warm ( aka feeling so special and way more loving than the rest of the world). Yeah were ignorant but still cool. Throwing my bad attitude in for free as have been viewing our slide down a slippery slope over several decades and seem to be ignorant of that fact.

Last edited by luv my dayton; 08-19-2015 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: spelling and adding to

Old 08-19-2015, 08:23 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Not sure if you have actually read all the posts but if 30% of 11 million are from other countries besides Mexico and South America and 40% are overstaying visas and the total is 11 million not including children, you have a much larger problem and focusing on hispanics specifically. 30% is not statistically insignificant. If a European overstays their visa and is here illegally, are you okay with that? Or is this really just about hispanics?
Illegal is illegal,,, Pack them up an ship them out, regardless of where they are from. Come here legally and stay here legally, I have no problem with.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:23 AM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

no more amnesty
Thanks for posting this in detail. May drunken Teddy rot in hell. He played a big role in the transformation of our nation through lawlessness and we have what we have today.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:33 AM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
A GREAT example. I never would have imagined.

It isn't REALLY about border security or anything else.

It is just a cover for being anti-Hispanic.

AWESOME!

I know, ridiculous isn't it the way these pro-illegals make it all about race/ethnicity and nationality? It's not our fault that most illegals here are Mexicans and other Latinos but we still want them all gone regardless of their national/ethnic makeup. Pulling the race card is all they have to justify their indefensible stance on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections