Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:40 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No, they aren't. In fact, it used to be very very easy to immigrate to the United States, you just showed up. And most people were poor farmers. And people that come here are not getting all these benefits. It seems something else is going on here.
In my case, my father earned his Ph.D. in vet medicine at Cornell, fully intending to return to Ontario. I never heard my father complain about the "long process" to become a U.S. Citizen. He only became one in the late 1940's because he was earning a salary here. My Dad loved California, saying it offered so much - ocean, mountains, Shasta (where his ashes were scattered), agriculture, rivers, forests, skiing, fishing, wine country, weather, etc.

Even he would be disappointed in what has become of California. My mother kept her Canadian citizenship until 1985. it wasn't her choice to live in the States.

I really wish the pro-illegal aliens folks would pay for and open up their homes to these poor people just trying for a better life, and leave the legal immigrants out of the debate. How insulting.

It is going to be very interesting as the political season kicks off.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:43 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
Moved from illegal immigration as it's not an illegal immigration issue.
Yac.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:04 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Read a census from the 1800s. Farmer, farmer, farmer, farmer... Sure, there was the exception but mostly just farmers.
And, I still don't see the point unless the argument is my ancestor - farmer that produced crops/food versus illegal - produces anchor babies and sucks down public assistance.

Quote:
Actually Trumps mother and her family came here based on economic need.

Are you saying I'm an immigrant? No. I noted that Trumps own mother came here from Scotland based on economic need.

His mother immigrated from Scotland, his father's parents immigrated from Germany. Donald Trump's ancestry in the U.S. is actually pretty new.
Economic need isn't welfare. You realize when most of our ancestors came here, there was no welfare. They didn' come to mooch off of anyone. They came to work and they did. It was hard. Study OUR history.

Quote:
How do you plan on rounding up 11 million? Where are you going to keep them? How much are you willing to spend? How many people are you planning to use to chase after all those expired Visas? Where will you drop them off? Are you going to fly the 30% that are from other countries back to their countries? How will you fund that? Just questions that come to mind since it's estimated it will cost at least $200 trillion.
As it has been said 1,000 times here, e-verify ALL jobs, do what was meant with birthright citizenship and that excludes illegals have babies for dollars, heavy fine anyone that is employing someone under the table and with no jobs or welfare, the illegals will go back home. It is so simple.

Quote:
That is not what Trump is saying. He wants to deport all of them including their children. Then let the "good ones" back in.

Donald Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants - WSJ
He wants to deport illegal immigrants per the laws of the United States. Those laws are in place and he isn't suggesting any new ones. Deport illegals, the criminals that broke the law when they entered the US illegally. Anchor babies are not anchors. These people who supposedly care so much about their families would take their children with them, of course, if they consider them nothing other than an anchor to the US, well, I guess that is where they will simply dump the kids in our welfare system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what's wrong with deporting illegal aliens? If their kids are illegals, then they, too, need to be deported. If they are anchor babies, any decent parent would take their children with them if they were deported. You don't need to stay awake every night crying about the anchor babies. When they turn 18, they can come back here without their parents.

He also talks about making life difficult for illegals thus causing them to leave on their own accord.
I think "decent" went out the window when they entered the US illegally and put their hands out for welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO that's a GOOD thing that some people are trying to bust on Trump's people being recent legal aliens to the US.

That shows to me the illegal alien fans are scared to death that Trump will not only win the Repub nomination, Donald may just win the POTUS and then it WILL be open season on illegal aliens AND their anchor kids IF both parents are here illegally.
I know, again, "grasping at straws". Can you imagine how wildly they are trying to come up with something to discredit Trump? I bet it is a 24/7 operation. Nothing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
My parents were legal immigrants from Canada. Believe me, my father contributed a lot to this country.

Personally, as much as I don't care for Trump, at least he brought forward an important issue to the other GOP candidates. Trump's poll numbers far exceed the other candidates, he has hit a chord.

I don't for one minute believe that Trump is serious about running for President. He is a great showman, and that is where he'll stay. Thank heaven SOMEONE isn't afraid of the fall-out!!
I hope he is serious but agree with you that if nothing else, his stepping forward has forced this in the faces with the REAL facts of those that keep their heads in the sand. All this crap about how Americans want the illegals to have a pathway to citizenship? It doesn't look that way now does it?

It is an illegal invasion of the US and it needs to be stopped and as much reversed as possible.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Yep. But considering how recent Trump's family is, where do you draw the line? Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, where do you draw the line? And while the GOP is saying these poor people need to go home and find jobs there, so should Trump's mother and her family.
Not sure what line you want me to draw,You seem to be implying that Trumps parents or grand parents were some how illegal aliens calling into question Trumps legitimacy at running for President.An odd course of action if you are going to question the validity of all recent immigrants.My parents legally immigrated to the USA in 1957 have they crossed this line of yours?.
When did your family lineage immigrate to America and cross this "Line"

Old 08-19-2015, 06:25 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's mother came from Scotland. His father's parents were from Germany.

Trump's Parents and Grandparents

His mother's family came to the US from Scotland for economic benefit.

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php
Do you have a point?

Old 08-19-2015, 06:29 AM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Yep. But considering how recent Trump's family is, where do you draw the line? Cruz, Rubio, Jindal, where do you draw the line? And while the GOP is saying these poor people need to go home and find jobs there, so should Trump's mother and her family.
Do you know that there are immigration laws?

Democrats certainly don't know that there are laws for keeping classified info classified and secure.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
uhm

why it is that the liberals wont admit, this is not about legal immigrant...but about ILLEGAL immigrants

Old 08-19-2015, 06:32 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Seriously?

Are you seriously this ignorant to what the actual issue is?

Unless you are still 100% Native American, you came from an immigrant.

The issue isn't immigration. The issue is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

why it is that the liberals wont admit, this is not about legal immigrant...but about ILLEGAL immigrants
Actually Trump is talking about legal immigration.

Odd, since two of his three wives are immigrants, including the current one. I certainly hope that someone takes a look at how they became legal. Did Trump go through the same arduous process other legal immigrants go through? Or did he pay someone to grease the wheels?

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2...t-for-the-gop/

http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/trump-1st...tion-problems/

Old 08-19-2015, 06:38 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Trump's ancestors were not illegal aliens though!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections