Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 01:38 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,199,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
One black pastor who planned to endorse Trump called his colleagues to come have a sit down with Trump to check him out. It is unclear if 100 is the number that had been invited or the number that had actually accepted the invite. The pastors were planning to just come for a dialog session with Trump.

How that turned into an "endorsement" no one knows. It could be the original pastor over-promised to Trump's people, or it could be someone in the Trump camp decided to spin. Either way the other pastors are not amused and this has turned into a bit of a PR keruffle.
I think most people who aren't Trumplets can figure it out. It's not rocket science.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:41 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just to let you know, he didn't say what happened, Smash said apparently. I have learned a long time ago that one thing about Smash, he knows more than almost anyone on here, what is happening in the political ring. I don't usually agree with him, but I do respect what he has to say. I think you might want to be sure of the facts and not depend on what Trumps campaign has to say.
Thanks I appreciate that. The meeting did take place, but we do know some of the Pastors who were initially invited then backed out because of the endorsement claim. We don't know exactly how many were initially invited, how many accepted or how many actually showed up.

We do know that the initial claim from the Trump campaign was that this going to be this endorsement of around 100 black Pastors, and that simply wasn't true and didn't happen.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Lets not pretend both sides aren't guilty of this no matter how strong they feel their candidate is, as they hope for the weakest candidate on the other side to win the nomination to make it easier for their side to win at the top of the ticket and have it impact down ballot races as well.
Well I must be an idealist because I have never put my hopes for a candidate based on the weakness of the other side. I have, many times been disappointed in my party's choice like I was in 2012, but never considered hoping the other side would put up a crappy candidate.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Well I must be an idealist because I have never put my hopes for a candidate based on the weakness of the other side. I have, many times been disappointed in my party's choice like I was in 2012, but never considered hoping the other side would put up a crappy candidate.
Only the Party faithful hope for that, most of us would prefer a couple of good choices to pick from, cannot remember when that happened last, if ever.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:16 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
[ minister Victor ] Couzens also asked Trump to apologize for a Tweet that stated incorrectly that blacks commit most of the homicides with white victims. Couzens said Trump apologized for nothing.

"He did not offer an apology in our presence," Couzens said, "so I don't know if he plans to apologize in the future, if he will or if he will not."

Old 12-01-2015, 02:20 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Say what you want about Trump but every day he is able to set the agenda. It’s almost exhausting. Just look at the threads here. Where is everybody else?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Not saying its the right thing to hope for, but its something those on both sides do. Also I don't think it has as much to do with not having confidence in your own side, as it does simply looking for the best path to victory.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:58 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Say what you want about Trump but every day he is able to set the agenda. It’s almost exhausting. Just look at the threads here. Where is everybody else?
You're right Trump is out front as a leader should be.

Hillary is getting fitted for the orange jumpsuit.

Jeb is giving speeches to Donors.

The rest are playing marbles and going over their stamp collection.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:43 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Class clowns tend to steal everybody's time. That's not an admirable quality.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I was just about to post that. Looks like a big thread fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.