Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:16 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times

Advertisements

Well, the Rubio memo went out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:26 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Kelly out of the gate does her best 'entertainment tonight/Jerry springer'' impression. Why does she insist on degrading her reputation and depriving America of an insight into the main issues ????

Too bad!

Chris Wallace is a jerk.
I agree.

The moderators should NOT be the main issue.

It was too much about "me" with Kelly.

The constantly ask question in order to MAKE controversies with the candidates instead of real issue questions.

I wish they would ask 1 question and let EACH candidate answer it instead of jumping all over the place.

I also wish there was NOT a "junior" debate and those on the stage tonight below a 10% rating should NOT be there.

It dilutes the time the top rated candidates get to explain their positions.

NO issue can be explained in 2 minutes.

Trump is right about one thing though, it is ALL about getting viewers to watch for the networks.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:32 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Well, the Rubio memo went out.
Rubio did a good job, but he does come across as rehearsed. The good news is he will have four to eight years to work on his delivery. He may make it to the White House one day, but it won't be in 2017.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Christie exudes confidence without being an ******* like Cruz/Trump. I don't know why he isn't doing better.
Agree. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he won the nomination.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I believe in the end nobody cares about this debate any more and we only have one big loser.

Fox News Channel as for a next debate the advertisers will not sign up until the last minute or hold out so it will cost them a ton of money in the long run.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:58 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
really? who is your candidate? any new questions in this debate that was new and informative?

Trumps still wins the nomination even if he skips all the debates.....it shows you it doesn't matter what the other candidates repeat themselves over and over and it shows debates are overrated.
I am among the undecided. At this point, I know who I won't vote for, but haven't narrowed down who I will among the rest of them. I have some I lean a little more towards, but so far the others are acceptable.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:10 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Christie exudes confidence without being an ******* like Cruz/Trump. I don't know why he isn't doing better.

Except when he verbally attacks citizens at town halls.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
The take-away from this so-called "debate" is that Cruz will now descend back into the also-rans. His 15 minutes are done.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:26 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Rubio and Cruz got called out by Paul and their faces were priceless.

Rand pointed out both Rubio and Cruz's flip flops.

You can't have it both ways haha...that was epic. When it comes to immigration and the amnesty. Cruz wanted to hide under a rock. Rubio looked like he was peeing his pants and what's his obsession with Guantanamo?

I think Jeb was funny and made some good points but he still looks like he wouldn't have the energy and we don't need another Bush.

Christie was to the point as usual and his funny comment about needing a translator to understand Rubio and Cruz and politicians in Washington.

Carson ........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what, huh zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Paul is he only one who truly walks the walk for the most part.

Kaisich, eclipsed by all of them.
He might walk the walk, however, if he were to be elected, he would be beholden to whomever funded his campaign...

a lot of rich people put up a lot of money to get these boys elected, so they are going to tell you what you want to hear, and then, if you get in, you're their puppet...sorry but it's the name of the game, and in Paul's case, he's a good ol'boy, which means, he would more then hold up his end of the deal regardless of how he feels.

if they outlaw giving to campaigns I'd feel a whole lot different...and not vote for Trump.

regardless, no matter who gets in, you betcha I'm going to vote against Hillary, don't want anymore time with their kind of beliefs...it is ruining this nation.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:59 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Fox News says Bush has a chance for nomination
They would. LOL! Any Establishment pick would be their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections