Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We'll never get immigration reform passed, with the likes of Cruz and Rubio in D.C.
Why, because you think Rubio would be too eager to go along to get along, and Cruz won't be able to get along, for anyone to go along??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Some of them do use religion as a tool but some of these Republicans live, breathe and bath in their religion and couldn't separate it from who'd they'd be as a president if they tried. Carson and Rubio fall in the latter category.
I have not seen Rubio behaving like a bible-thumper, so what the hell are you even talking about??

Old 01-29-2016, 09:20 AM

684 posts, read 1,151,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio did a good job, but he does come across as rehearsed. The good news is he will have four to eight years to work on his delivery. He may make it to the White House one day, but it won't be in 2017.
Most apparent was that he always, except on one response, got in the line "When I am president....", not "If I am elected" or "If I am president..." Obviously, a planned psychological (?) ploy to plant the impression.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Glad that the candidates and Moderators didn't allow Trump to be the focus. Very glad about that.

Cruz's opening was great for the start - "Let me say, I am a maniac, and everyone on the stage is stupid, fat and ugly. And Ben, you’re a horrible surgeon. Now that we’ve gotten the Donald Trump portion out of the way”

Totally rocked on that one. LOL!

Audience this time, stacked for Rand Petulant Paul. These groupies were also cheering anyone who was not Ted Cruz.

Of course, all guns were for Ted Cruz on center stage. Chris Wallace hits Ted while hiding behind his Moderator label, allowing Cruz to know that "ONLY" candidates on the stage can hit back if their name is mentioned, but NOT when a Moderator attacks them. Chris is a jerk and a weasel.

Megyn Kelly pulls a dishonest stunt making Cruz look like he flip-flopped on Amnesty, but in the after-show interview, she admits that they checked his past record and he has been consistent on "not" supporting Amnesty. Of course, most viewers have tuned out by then. Getting to know Kelly's style - dishonest reporting.

They say it was Jeb's best night, but how is that when many of the points were scored at the cost of Rubio? And Rubio, who got caught on the issue he will lose by - Amnesty. Rubio talks too fast and has talking points that sound ticked off of a rehearsed index card. You could say if the Moderates are looking for a candidate, Rubio would be their pick.

The Frank Luntz focus group voted that Rubio won the debate, but when asked if he could win the nomination, not many hands. LOL! How does that make him win a debate? Oh well, they've featured groups that supported Trump and Cruz. Whatever Frank.

Christi and Rand - aren't going to win the nomination even if they get a little uptick. I read that Christi's "I have done this as Governor" is wearing thinner than Christi will ever be. ROFL!

Carson and Kasich - stick a fork in it. I think Carson is a very nice person, his wife is sweet, but he isn't going to win.

And Cruz, who faced a 6 on 1 battle, being even hard for a master debater - stood his ground.

Even though Cruz's joke fell flat, channeling Trump about the pile on and leaving the stage, the Moderators stepping on his punchline, he remained presidential. His point as a debater is that there were anti-Cruz prejudices coming from the panelists (an ambush) and he castigated them for it. It should have been pointed out. That wasn't a whining session as Fox would like to claim it to be. They want to deflect from their own bias, and only those against Cruz would think otherwise. He wasn't expecting center stage last night, but you can say that no one was able to lay a glove on him.

Cruz's boldest moment, which is important to remember in choosing a President, is when he stood up to the Ethanol subsidies while Gov. Branstad was sitting in the audience with his Cheshire grin. Cruz was unflappable and poised, not giving in to pander to a hostile room. He even gained applause because of it.

Cruz had the best moments on his Obamacare answer and how to resolve it, on ISIS and the carpet bombing answer/explanation, his fight against Amnesty was also well done, and his opening and closing remarks were excellent. He did nothing to move a supporter away from him.

The audience won because Donald Trump was missing. Cruz was the winner by virtue of a more substantive and civil debate. He is a true leader.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Glad that the candidates and Moderators didn't allow Trump to be the focus. Very glad about that.

Cruz's opening was great for the start - "Let me say, I am a maniac, and everyone on the stage is stupid, fat and ugly. And Ben, you’re a horrible surgeon. Now that we’ve gotten the Donald Trump portion out of the way”

Audience this time, stacked for Rand Petulant Paul. These groupies were also cheering anyone who was not Ted Cruz.

Of course, all guns were for Ted Cruz on center stage. Chris Wallace hits Ted while hiding behind his Moderator label, allowing Cruz to know that "ONLY" candidates on the stage can hit back if their name is mentioned, but NOT when a Moderator attacks them. Chris is a jerk and a weasel.

Megyn Kelly pulls a dishonest stunt making Cruz look like he flip-flopped on Amnesty, but in the after-show interview, she admits that they checked his past record and he has been consistent on "not" supporting Amnesty. Of course, most viewers have tuned out by then. Getting to know Kelly's style - dishonest reporting.

They say it was Jeb's best night, but how is that when many of the points were scored at the cost of Rubio? And Rubio, who got caught on the issue he will lose by - Amnesty. Rubio talks too fast and has talking points that sound ticked off of a rehearsed index card. You could say if the Moderates are looking for a candidate, Rubio would be their pick.

The Frank Luntz focus group voted that Rubio won the debate, but when asked if he could win the nomination, not many hands. LOL! How does that make him win a debate? Oh well, they've featured groups that supported Trump and Cruz. Whatever Frank.

Christi and Rand - aren't going to win the nomination even if they get a little uptick. I read that Christi's "I have done this as Governor" is wearing thinner than Christi will ever be. ROFL!

Carson and Kasich - stick a fork in it. I think Carson is a very nice person, his wife is sweet, but he isn't going to win.

And Cruz, who faced a 6 on 1 battle, being even hard for a master debater - stood his ground.

Even though Cruz's joke fell flat, channeling Trump about the pile on and leaving the stage, the Moderators stepping on his punchline, he remained presidential. His point as a debater is that there were anti-Cruz prejudices coming from the panelists (an ambush) and he castigated them for it. It should have been pointed out. That wasn't a whining session as Fox would like to claim it to be. They want to deflect from their own bias, and only those against Cruz would think otherwise. He wasn't expecting center stage last night, but you can say that no one was able to lay a glove on him.

Cruz's boldest moment, which is important to remember in choosing a President, is when he stood up to the Ethanol subsidies while Gov. Branstad was sitting in the audience with his Cheshire grin. Cruz was unflappable and poised, not giving in to pander to a hostile room. He even gained applause because of it.

Cruz had the best moments on his Obamacare answer and how to resolve it, on ISIS and the carpet bombing answer/explanation, his fight against Amnesty was also well done, and his opening and closing remarks were excellent. He did nothing to move a supporter away from him.

The audience won because Donald Trump was missing. Cruz was the winner by virtue of a more substantive and civil debate. He is a true leader.
The moderators have always made Trump the focus, not himself. They try to pit him against everyone and everyone against him.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:09 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The moderators have always made Trump the focus, not himself. They try to pit him against everyone and everyone against him.
He is truly a media fabrication, I will give you that.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:52 AM

99,618 posts, read 4,495,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I have not seen Rubio behaving like a bible-thumper, so what the hell are you even talking about??
Take a look at last night's debate.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:03 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Except when he verbally attacks citizens at town halls.
and also his last few years as Gov in NJ, have not been good.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-29-2016 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-29-2016, 11:07 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

This post was fantastic....
however, didn't Cruz (and I'm not a Cruz supporter) call out the monitors for trying to get all the other candidates to talk Trump down and the people booed him? Not sure now, as I was 1/2 asleep but could have sworn they showed that on the news this morning. I taped the Debate and intend to watch it tonight.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:35 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
How did Ben Carson do? LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections