Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 02:09 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,497,612 times

Advertisements

The pope had better jump into his time machine, go back 500 years, and tell them that they were wrong to build those walls.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:10 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nothing to worry about, folks. Trump says if he is elected he'll clean up his language and be a nice guy. And if he does, how long will his fan club stick to his side like glue?
Trump's supporters aren't concerned with such petty nonsense as a few curse words. There are far far more important things to be worried about. It's those who focus on such things and go on about it ad nauseam, are where the issues lie.

Of course is someone supports a politician who is a puppet for Wall Street puppet masters, then concern about real things, isn't one of their strong suits.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:14 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Got to love Fox News 'journalism.'

The Pope was asked if an immigration policy with heavy emphasis on constructing a wall primarily to keep people out was consistent with the Christian faith. He said no, which makes sense as Jesus wasn't the type to turn people away and presumably, Christian strive to act like Jesus. Trump responds to this by saying it was disgraceful, to which the Pope said he'd give Trump the benefit of the doubt, not knowing enough about him or his immigration policy. The Fox news headline: Pope questions Trump's Christian Faith.'

This is an example of dishonest journalism, which I think is more pressing of an issue, and I do not feel a bit of sympathy in calling all of the people who use Fox as their way of getting information as being equally dishonest. Yes, I'm calling the OP dishonest. Had he read more that the headline, he would have known his criticism was shaky at best. Rather or not you think the Pope should stay out of US politics is irrelevant to what actually occurred. While in Mexico, the Pope was asked a question about policy, in no reference to a specific country or person, and how it correlates with Christian faith. He answered, being a leader in the Christian faith.

There is no controversy here.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:16 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
lol@ the pope sticking it to the unhinged clown of 2016. I am neither Catholic nor a Trump supporter but this story gave me a good chuckle.

That said, our individual relationship with the Lord is NOT subject to the approval of anyone else, including the pope.

Its between you and God. Period.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:17 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” His Holiness told reporters on board his airliner. "This is not in the Gospel."

Because the Pope had not independently heard about Trump's campaign promise to build a wall at the U.S. border with Mexico, he said he would "give him the benefit of the doubt."

"I'd just say that this man is not Christian if he said it this way," the Pope added.

Pope Suggests Trump 'Not Christian,' Trump Calls Remarks 'Disgraceful'
So, the pope get's to decide who's a Christian and who is not now? LMAO!!! Priceless!

The pope has his own "sorted" past........he should be careful before Donald brings it up.

"And while many of his fellow Jesuits in the region have followed a more progressive line of liberation theology, Francis has not. He was prominent in the church during the brutal dictatorship of the 1970s, in which more than 30,000 people “disappeared”. He has been photographed with Jorge Videla, the military leader of the time

the appointment of a Latin American Pope will put some of the pressing issues of an oft forgotten region - such as chronic poverty and inequality under an devastating global capitalist system - on the table.
"
Pope Francis I's murky past in Argentina

Old 02-18-2016, 02:24 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
It's amusing to hear the right whining about the Pope, a head of state, making political comments considering they had NO problem inviting another head of state to speak before Congress and tell it what we were allegedly doing wrong.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:25 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I just want to know how many Syrian refugees Vatican City has taken.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Anyone who thinks it is "Christian" to force me to work and pay for other people's needs against my will is not a Christian, he's a slaver.

The Pope is not a Christian.
Nobody is forcing you to work. Quit and go on the dole.

Nobody is forcing you to pay for other people's needs against your will... assuming you are talking about paying taxes? Then, simply focus on what you want your own taxes to go to pay for - whether it is the never-ending wars, or inspecting the food supply, or maintaining the infrastructure, and say to yourself "my taxes are going for the things I want that I can't do all by myself and other people's taxes are paying for things I don't want". It will make you so much more relaxed!

Catholicism is indeed one of the christian religions, he is a member of that church, so he is actually christian.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Got to love Fox News 'journalism.'

The Pope was asked if an immigration policy with heavy emphasis on constructing a wall primarily to keep people out was consistent with the Christian faith. He said no, which makes sense as Jesus wasn't the type to turn people away and presumably, Christian strive to act like Jesus. Trump responds to this by saying it was disgraceful, to which the Pope said he'd give Trump the benefit of the doubt, not knowing enough about him or his immigration policy. The Fox news headline: Pope questions Trump's Christian Faith.'

This is an example of dishonest journalism, which I think is more pressing of an issue, and I do not feel a bit of sympathy in calling all of the people who use Fox as their way of getting information as being equally dishonest. Yes, I'm calling the OP dishonest. Had he read more that the headline, he would have known his criticism was shaky at best. Rather or not you think the Pope should stay out of US politics is irrelevant to what actually occurred. While in Mexico, the Pope was asked a question about policy, in no reference to a specific country or person, and how it correlates with Christian faith. He answered, being a leader in the Christian faith.

There is no controversy here.
Just because the controversy is imaginary doesn't mean there's no controversy. It just means it's stupid.

Old 02-18-2016, 02:35 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's amusing to hear the right whining about the Pope, a head of state, making political comments considering they had NO problem inviting another head of state to speak before Congress and tell it what we were allegedly doing wrong.
Haha zing.

I especially love how they all call him 'Bibi' like theyre all BFFs.

Kudos to the president for not caving in to Netanyahu's nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections