Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 03:18 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times

Advertisements

Trust me Mr. Trump isn't a supporter of any group that is rascist in any capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 03:19 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Stop the press.

The Trump disavows (rather weakly)

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump...154053871.html

The funny thing is, Trump called David Duke a Klansman back in 2000.
Trump seems to be suffering from early-onset Alzheimer disease, wait...he's old enough for regular Alzheimer disease.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Yep.

The Neo-Confederates, White Natonalists and white identity voters in general, far exceed the actual number of KKK members and are part of Donald's base. That's why he won't denounce them. He's using them to give him an edge in multi-candidate primaries. The problem for the GOP is that if he is actually nominated, he has to carry that racist label into the general election, where it becomes a huge liability. The only voters he wouldn't offend would be the ones who would never vote for a Democrat anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The thing people are forgetting here is that while it's true that the KKK is a shadow of what it once was, the fact is that White nationalist bigotry has a substantial following within American politics (especially within the conservative movement) and this makes up quite a but of Trump's base of support.

Exactly. The KKK "evolved" like Trump's political views.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why would Trump denounce his base?
LOL

I honestly don't know if they are his base. For sure they are part of his base.

I want to believe most people are inherently good but when I see these posters excuse Trump pandering to white supremacist groups and saying "they don't care" because there are more important issues to worry about, I lose faith in humanity. Sometimes I wonder if people who defend Trump when he panders to white supremacist if they are not trying to fool us and they are white supremacists themselves. In no universe I would defend a politician who panders to hate. Why are they excusing this behavior?

I wonder if a black supremacist group "evolved" and started lynching white people, would these Trump supporters react the same way if a presidential candidate pandered to the black supremacists? Would you expect black people to denounce such candidate? I bet they would

Old 02-28-2016, 03:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I want to believe most people are inherently good but when I see these posters excuse Trump pandering to white supremacist groups
He disavowed them and threw a KKK supporter out of one of his rallies last week. How is that pandering?

Old 02-28-2016, 04:04 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He disavowed them and threw a KKK supporter out of one of his rallies last week. How is that pandering?
Then why didn't he in that interveiw? A man his age woukd know exactly who the KKK are, they dominated the news in our young adulthood.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
We have already discussed this. You either are not reading our posts or playing dumb. I'm not gonna repeat myself. Ciao.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:07 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Your alleged KKK supporter was a KKK protestor

Trump stares down protester wearing 'KKK endorses Trump' shirt | TheHill

Old 02-28-2016, 04:09 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Then why didn't he in that interveiw? A man his age woukd know exactly who the KKK are, they dominated the news in our young adulthood.

today's KKK is nothing like the old KKK ........nobody knows the KKK much today because is a tiny fraction of what it was in the 50's and 60's......Trump is not from the South, he is from New York.

that's like the new Nazis in Europe, they are nothing like the Hitler's Nazis....just like the New Black Panthers of today, they are nothing like the original Panthers of the 60's and 70's.

I bet you without looking it up you have NO clue about today's New Black Panthers.....the reason is they are a small fraction of what they were and totally different.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:13 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Republican pollster Whit Ayers has written an interesting book on the effect of demographic change on Presidential Politics, entitled "2016 and Beyond: How Republicans Can Elect a President in the New America.

http://www.amazon.com/2016-Beyond-Re...6700371&sr=8-1

In the book, Ayers breaks down what a winning Republican or Democratic coalition would need to look like, based upon the probable 2016 electorate, to win the national popular vote.

In the following scenarios, "white" refers to "non-Hispanic white voters".

Winning GOP combos for 2016:

59% white 30% minority
60% white 28% minority
61% white 26% minority
62% white 24% minority
63% white 21% minority
64% white 19% minority
65% white 17% minority

Recent History:

2012: Romney 59% white; 17% minority
2008: McCain 55% white; 19% minority
2004: Bush 58% white; 26% minority (would not work in 2016)

Winning Democratic combos for 2016:

38% white; 77% minority
39% white; 75% minority
40% white; 73% minority
41% white; 70% minority
42% white; 68% minority

Recent History:

2012: Obama 39% white; 82% minority
2008: Obama 43% white; 81% minority
2004: Kerry 41% white; 73% minority (would win the popular vote in 2016)

In order for the GOP to reach 30% of the minority vote, according to Ayers, they will need close to 50% of the Hispanic vote. Bush received something like 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004 and still only managed 26% of the total minority vote. According to the recent poll listed below, Trump is currently getting 16% of the Hispanic vote. The lower the GOP minority percentage, the higher the percentage they receive of the N/H white vote has to be to overcome the deficit in national popular vote.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...ders/80881576/

Playing footsy with racists might work in a Southern primary, but it sucks as a national general election strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections