Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 07:19 PM

684 posts, read 514,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
True. But then, the very next day, he said “I know nothing about David Duke, I know nothing about white supremacists...I don’t know David Duke, I believe I never met him, and I just don’t know anything about him.”

And went on to add that he needed to do some research.

Watch the video of the interview.

Two of the links you provided are from last August.

Most people here have a reading / hearing comprehension problem. I am sure Donald has heard of David Duke like I have, but to say I know nothing "ABOUT" him is not saying you don't know him but rather you don't know what he stands for or what he is "ABOUT"

So for those here saying Trump is mixing his words I would say its you who are doing this not him. Heck I have heard of many people including the singers Adel, Carry Underwood, Lady Gaga, Kayen West and a whole host of others but ask me what they sing or what they are famous for and I couldn't tell you, "id have to research it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 07:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Kkk, Isn't that the group that says we are to have white guilt?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. I consider the KKK to be a dangerous group. Their philosophy, their mode of objective, it is threatening to me. If they had their way, my freedoms would be curtailed to the point of quasi-dictatorship targeting specifically Blacks and other non-White groups. I have plenty to worry about if a candidate can appeal to the KKK and there is very little condemnation of that group.
The KKK and other hate groups, only have powers that society gives to them, and luckily, thats ZERO..

You dont need to "condemn", a group that holds absolutely NO power.. in fact by simply asking questions like he was asked, you grant more authority to the group, than the non existent power they held previously.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Just unbelievable.
Is it really? I don't think so

At least this poster is up front and not like the rest of Trump supporters who think they are smarter than everyone else and believe people are gonna believe their lies

Old 02-28-2016, 07:57 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The KKK and other hate groups, only have powers that society gives to them, and luckily, thats ZERO..

You dont need to "condemn", a group that holds absolutely NO power.. in fact by simply asking questions like he was asked, you grant more authority to the group, than the non existent power they held previously.
Interesting philosophy

I guess Trump, a presidential candidate is giving them authority by retweeting their racist rants. Trump loves to retweet them.

Funny how Trump doesn't need to "research" these groups in order to retweet their nonsense.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is how I see it. I consider the KKK to be a dangerous group. Their philosophy, their mode of objective, it is threatening to me. If they had their way, my freedoms would be curtailed to the point of quasi-dictatorship targeting specifically Blacks and other non-White groups. I have plenty to worry about if a candidate can appeal to the KKK and there is very little condemnation of that group.

Who's not condemning that group? Should they make some big speech about it so you're happy? To my knowledge Trump is not a member of the KKK nor does he go along with their views. He can't help who endorses him. Doesn't mean he endorses them. I am sure Obama was endorsed by the Black Panthers also and he sat in a church for years led by a minister that made derogatory remarks about whites. Much ado about nothing.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:54 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
If the KKK really wanted to help Trump they would have said nothing or endorsed Cruz or Rubio to bring the heat on them.This an obvious ploy to get attention for themselves,no one has payed much attention to David Duke or the KKK for years and this is just a way to get back in the news.

It doesn't matter what Trump says about it,haters will just say,and have said repeatedly on this forum, that if he is attracting their support hes a racist regardless of whether he wants their endorsement or not.Hes said for months he doesn't want or need the support of white supremisists,they keep endorsing anyway,the media keeps giving them attention,and then asking Trump about it again.No answer Trump could give is going to satisfy the media or those with Trump Derangement Syndrome and in the end regardless of who wins the GOP nomination they are going to be branded as racists because ALL republicans are ALWAYS branded as racists in every presidential election in the last 50 years.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:30 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Here, I googled it for you:

trump stormfront
Oh goody, a bunch of opinion sites. Yah, real "proof" there.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:06 AM

244 posts, read 168,894 times
It was a classic setup gotcha question. Completly unfair for any candidate to be asked such a stupid question. Btw MSM didnt dare question Obama about radical black groups that were supporting him in 2012.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:04 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Trump is either lying, again, when he says he knows nothing about white supremacy and Duke...or he's dumber than dirt.

Or both! One doesn't preclude the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections