Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Apparently he's a maverick who's bucking the establishment agenda. Rubio, on the other hand, is clearly the establishment's puppet.
Trump maybe a maverick but he's still and oligarch. As I've asked mAny times, what's worse, the puppet or the puppeteer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 01:12 PM

407 posts, read 389,017 times
Glenn Beck made a very good point this morning. A Cruz/Rubio ticket would be unstoppable and would make up the deficit against Trump in Florida. If the ticket remains split, Trump wins. The rumors that Rick Scott will endorse Trump are everywhere. ‘It’s Unstoppable’: Glenn Beck Lays Out His 2016 ‘Dream Team’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 03-02-2016, 01:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Glenn Beck made a very good point this morning. A Cruz/Rubio ticket would be unstoppable and would make up the deficit against Trump in Florida. If the ticket remains split, Trump wins. The rumors that Rick Scott will endorse Trump are everywhere. ‘It’s Unstoppable’: Glenn Beck Lays Out His 2016 ‘Dream Team’ | Video | TheBlaze.com
I'd vote for that ticket, but I'd prefer Rubio/Cruz. They're both young so it really doesn't matter all that much. If they win and do well, the Veep could run for Pres after the first 8 years.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:15 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,092,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump maybe a maverick but he's still and oligarch. As I've asked mAny times, what's worse, the puppet or the puppeteer?
Fossil fuel industry puppet Bush and Wall Street puppet Obama were duds so maybe it's time to find out.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
I expect Rubio to bail after he loses Florida in two weeks.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Except that Cruz and Rubio hate each other. But so did Christie and Trump and they are best pals now, so who knows.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:40 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
No it wouldn't. Cruz would lose more than he gains. He would lose them to Trump. It's funny that Cruz supporters are anti-establishment but now they want the establishment backing them. Beck is wrong AGAIN. Go ahead purists, throw another election.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Independent here. I'd give them my vote over anyone else.........Rubio has no Senate job to go go, can easily Potus in waiting. Can work the legislation and national security angle and Pubs win. Trump on the other hand is no sure thing, will lose re-election. Cruz Rubio might keep the WH for 16 yes total.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
what happened to we will support the party nomination no matter what?.....they got Trump to make a pledge now that Trump is winning fair and square now the establishment and a few cry babies here in the party don't want to support Trump if he is the nominee.

Trump is winning this fair and square,,,,against the GOP establishment, against the media and against the Super Pacs and their millions.............I admire that from an outsider and I will support my party's nominee whoever is the nominee when he has won the nomination fair and square.

after 16 years of W BUSH and Obama of endless wars, endless occupations, open borders, bad trade deals, 20 trillion dollar deficit, healthcare cost and premiums way up and median household income down, I will take Trump right now to shake things up in Washington.

you purists in the party that want your "perfect" conservative and bickering like school girls make me laugh.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what happened to we will support the party nomination no matter what?.....they got Trump to make a pledge now that Trump is winning fair and square now the establishment and a few cry babies here in the party don't want to support Trump if he is the nominee.

Trump is winning this fair and square,,,,against the GOP establishment, against the media and against the Super Pacs and their millions.............I admire that from an outsider and I will support my party's nominee whoever is the nominee when he has won the nomination fair and square.

after 16 years of W BUSH and Obama of endless wars, endless occupations, open borders, bad trade deals, 20 trillion dollar deficit, healthcare cost and premiums way up and median household income down, I will take Trump right now to shake things up in Washington.

you purists in the party that want your "perfect" conservative and bickering like school girls make me laugh.
This is exactly how I feel and your post reads just like something I just wanted to post. Another thing to note is the "anti-establishment" Cruz supporters are now hoping that Rubio joins the ticket so they can get the backing of the Establishment! How much more of a hypocrite can these people be? I too am laughing hysterically over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections