Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:43 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I think Trump will get the nomination. The problem is that everyone else is staying in the race and splitting the rest of the votes. I was one of those people who voted for Obama in 2012 mainly because I didn't like Mitt Romney and not so much I liked Obama at that point. Now I regret my decisions in 2008 and 2012 and this time I am switching over to the other side just to vote for Trump on March 15th. I would consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. For all of those people within the GOP who hate Trump, if you don't like your nominee, then go form another party! A brokered convention sounds like a recipe for disaster and then we'll be stuck with Hillary. At some point, you have to listen to the voters. After all, we live in a democracy.

The other thing motivating me is how much I dislike Hillary and how much crap she hasn't gotten away with the email scandal, Benghazi, and just so many other things. Just such a horrible liar. I can't even listen to her talk because it's sounds so robotic and insincere to me ... as if she is so tired of saying those things every day and just paying lip service to her party.
It's all your fault and now you want to screw up again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 05:35 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,092,281 times
If I'm the Rubio camp I'm deeply concerned as to why he didn't win the States that neighbor Florida last night. Georgia and Alabama both went convincingly to Donald Trump.

It's apparent that the oligarchs who control the Republican Party want their puppet Marco Rubio to win the nomination but that's increasingly becoming a harder argument to make.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
I think it might change to "It's Cruz or Bust for Republicans Who Want to Win" now. Can't rightly imagine too many of his supporters being all that thrilled with his prospects.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Everything fell into Trumps favor last night as far as the voting results. He did very well while keeping both Cruz and Rubio in the race continuing to split anti Trump votes between them. It was Trumps best cast scenario.
He will now certainly win Florida and has a very good chance at winning Ohio, with both states winner take all delegates in large numbers.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:57 AM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Rubio or bust? Hah!

The Republican stalwarts are looking at a candidate with almost 100% recognition (yes, Republicans should start looking at that factor as Dems have done), and who appears to be ready to barrel through the primaries.

Yet, instead of perhaps taking him aside to address what they consider to be "rough edges," they intend to impede him at every turn, and are looking for ways to strip him of delegates. Yes, personally, we'll survive 8 years of Hillary, and those who can't, deserve what they vote for.

The Republican establisment are dumb as a box o' rocks.
Republicans are avid obstructionists. They have no desire to work with anyone. It's like they've never heard of the word "compromise". It stands to reason that they would engage in the futile effort of impeding Trump. Instead of trying to fix something they waste time (and money) trying to destroy it.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:21 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You might be right. If Trump sweeps Super Tuesday, then all that's left for the GOP to do is to get behind him and pressure the other candidates to drop out.

In a way, it could work out. Democrats are already calling Trump a bigot and a racist, but they would do that no matter who won.

For all of the "centrists" and Democrats bemoaning the fact that Donald Trump is about to win the GOP nomination, just remember that you had the chance to elect a moderate, reasonable and competent businessman in 2012. He wasn't good enough, and you instead voted a failed President into a second term.

If we have anyone to blame for Trump, it's the voters that elected Obama again in 2012.
What??? This is completely illogical. The GOP picked their candidates, and if Trump proves anything it proves that Republicans don't understand how to pick a candidate that will win. That's no ones fault but their own.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:22 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
My issue with Rubio is that he looks and speaks more like a jr. Mgr than executive material. Obama was similar in terms of lack of experience although Obama is much, much smarter and cool under pressure. As mentioned Rubio looks as nervous as a dog in a Chinese restaurant.

Trump is obnoxious, but you know, he is a New Yorker, no different than many an NYC-NJ expat I meet in So. Florida. It is in your face with them. He is not a politician which means being disingenuous is part of their personality. And he has the executive experience, and failures and successes. I think we will not see a Hitler type madman once he is in office as being President tends to sober a man. Look at Nixon. I know, I know Watergate...

Last edited by Felix C; 03-02-2016 at 07:47 AM..

Old 03-02-2016, 06:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I find it really puzzling how people can seriously contend that Trump is a moderate.

His entire campaign is nothing but a professional con artist selling the most outlandish policies imaginable to the incurably stupid and rabidly racist among us.
The only sliver of truth is ideologically he is moderate. The issue is during the entire campaign he has pandered to the Goldwater quilt of crazies from 1964,Wallace's "segregation today, segregation tomorrow," Perot's base (though it is yet to be proven if he truly has Reagan democrats) and the Ron Paul conspiracy theorists.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:30 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Rubio's biggest problem by far is his pro illegal alien agenda. If not for that he would be winning hands down. The GOP's biggest problem is that they way underestimated how fed up and disgusted many people are with the establishment on both sides embracing illegals, making it now their number one priority.
Rubio was stupid regarding this and now he's paying the price and he will not be able to recover.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:31 AM

407 posts, read 389,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
If I'm the Rubio camp I'm deeply concerned as to why he didn't win the States that neighbor Florida last night. Georgia and Alabama both went convincingly to Donald Trump.

It's apparent that the oligarchs who control the Republican Party want their puppet Marco Rubio to win the nomination but that's increasingly becoming a harder argument to make.
Rubio won a state that even Reagan could not win in 84 so I would say he is doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections