Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 08:22 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NFN but it was/is the white male who gave our country away in the name of Capitalism.

Make it overseas and if you can't make it there bring those foreigners here to work cheap.

Considering I am a white male sometimes I think we have a lot more to be ashamed of than to be proud of.

We are the ones who brought the blacks here, made them our slaves and when they got their freedom we still treat them as slaves.

And now mostly white males want to elect as POTUS the next slave master.

No thank you.
I could consider myself a white male but neither I nor my ancestors had anything to do with any slavery and frankly don't see any of this as a racial issue.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:22 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
can this be moved to the politics board at this point?

Old 03-14-2016, 08:26 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Who's with me?

you've already made your preference well known at this point Mr. Christie.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:06 AM

684 posts, read 714,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
can this be moved to the politics board at this point?
My interests here is politics as pier NJ Residents. That's why i would prefer it here. This for various voices of NJ residents.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
I do not really follow news like that. I don't know all the details of budget negotiations. It seems to me that debt sealing would be a term for economists and not politicians.

No, there is a lottery set for different countries. So country A gets 100k green cards a year country B 20k... Some countries get 0. Other ways vary from time to time. It used to be that you could come here on a work visa, and then after 7 years you would get a green card. You had to have a graduate level degree to get the work visa. It changes from time to time and is different from country to country. I am not sure where that situation with India ended.

Yahh, In the moderate box I am between dead center and upper left corner (slightly more democratic and libertarian). Libertarians are a funny bunch, never get organized enouph to work a party. To bad Rand Paul is not in the picture. He would have actually made me watch the debates .

Today while hiking I thought that it would be cool to organize a vote for Putin campaign. People who are fed up with never having any-one worth while to vote for should write in the name V.V.Putin. It's a protest.
they were big news a few times until the republicans decided that its best to just give an unlimited debt limit extension (the opposite of what their constituents want them to do). each time it was big news and then everyone forgets about it right after the deal is done. but the line is the same: Budget negotiation - make a deal or shut the government down Raise debt limit - you agreed to the budget now you have to pay for it!

we could go on forever if we want to get into all the detail. to remain in the trump controversial arena, i basically agreed with trump to stop muslim immigration and accept people whose belief systems arent contrary to our own. i dont really see why we need to or are obligated to.

i think ron paul should have run again instead of rand. i like a page called "the art of not voting" on facebook. i like some of their anarachist logic. i am picking up on the "voting is consent" thing which is why im leaning against voting. at the end of the day, i only can control my family and do what's best for me no matter what politician or party is running the show. so im not going bother caring much about who wins any elections.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:23 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NFN but it was/is the white male who gave our country away in the name of Capitalism.

Make it overseas and if you can't make it there bring those foreigners here to work cheap.

Considering I am a white male sometimes I think we have a lot more to be ashamed of than to be proud of.

We are the ones who brought the blacks here, made them our slaves and when they got their freedom we still treat them as slaves.

And now mostly white males want to elect as POTUS the next slave master.

No thank you.
You're buying into that white guilt nonsense? Unless you were there and actively involved in the slave trade/remotely involved in slavery or even alive at the time, you have nothing to feel guilty for. I'm baffled that people today actually feel guilt for what people did hundreds of years ago and even more. I'm white and I don't feel an ounce of guilt. Do I feel bad that it happened? Yeah, but it's not a racial thing for me. I don't feel bad that it happened BECAUSE I'm white and white people owned slaves. I just feel bad that slavery was legal. I had nothing to do with slavery and AFAIK neither did any of my ancestors, who didn't even come here until after the Civil War ended and back in Europe, they didn't even come from countries involved in the Atlantic Slave Trade.

You don't have anything to be ashamed of and don't listen to any idiot who tells you otherwise. You say "we" as if all white people everywhere in history and today brought African slaves to modern day America (wasn't even America at the time, America was born into the institution of slavery brought to us by Europe). It was a few select people compared to the total population who bought or traded slaves from other Africans (important to note) and brought them here. A small fraction of wealthy imperialists who only had economic gain in mind. There is no "we." I sure as hell don't want to be included in that collective "we."

There's discussing history which I'm fine doing and love to do and then there's feeling guilty for acts committed by people who had nothing to do with us today, acts which at the time were tolerable. Don't mix them together.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:27 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Unlike every pollster in existence, I think Trump dispenses with Hillary handily. She's a vacuous, hackuous, proven non-quantity. She has no philosophy or principles, she isn't even woman enough to leave her cheating scoundrel of a useless husband. When you put this inchoate pants suit putrescence against a Trump, campaign vs campaign, it's going to go one way. And I don't think it's going to be all that close. The polls and the pollsters are wrong. No intelligent human could vote for this indeterminate hapless happenstance.

However, Sanders REALLY appears to be coming on strong, and I think Trump would absolutely crush him. So I am rooting for Bernie to upset the Vapid Biddy in tomorrow's action.Let's make the relief stark and crystalline. A doddering bedraggled communist who belongs in a bad nursing home vs a billionaire who has actually created and maintained jobs rather than dreaming and implementing collectivist statist schemes to take them all away.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:33 PM

684 posts, read 714,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
they were big news a few times until the republicans decided that its best to just give an unlimited debt limit extension (the opposite of what their constituents want them to do). each time it was big news and then everyone forgets about it right after the deal is done. but the line is the same: Budget negotiation - make a deal or shut the government down Raise debt limit - you agreed to the budget now you have to pay for it!

we could go on forever if we want to get into all the detail. to remain in the trump controversial arena, i basically agreed with trump to stop muslim immigration and accept people whose belief systems arent contrary to our own. i dont really see why we need to or are obligated to.

i think ron paul should have run again instead of rand. i like a page called "the art of not voting" on facebook. i like some of their anarachist logic. i am picking up on the "voting is consent" thing which is why im leaning against voting. at the end of the day, i only can control my family and do what's best for me no matter what politician or party is running the show. so im not going bother caring much about who wins any elections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

You know, being of Muslim Religion does not automatically make people bad. Islam is not Taboo. Extreme Islam is a small % of all Islam.

There is 7.5 billion humans in the world of which 1.6 billion is Muslim. 2.2 billion are Christians. 1.254 billion Catholics.... Each group has extremism and history books list examples of zealots of any religion.

In North America we have 300 million Americans, 40 million Canadians, 120 million Mexicans. In US there is 2.5 million Muslims, in Canada just over 1 million. If you look at these numbers, Muslims in North America do not cause the most violent crimes pier capita. What groups commit the most homicide in US?

Look at Canada, 40 million people with 1 million Muslims and no Muslim terrorism...

Anyhow, It is Obama's position that those who commit crimes are thugs are not true Muslims. It is Trump's position that when thugs commit crimes like terrorism, we hold their communities responsible. In other words, we put pressure on other Muslims to be more active to stop this and not support it.

The problem is that not every-one is playing with a full deck and some think that it's OK to attack peaceful G-d fearing people who exercise religious freedoms on US soil.

So there is what I understand from Trump speeches. But some people are not to bright. The view system here is: "let's build a bacon fence around US to keep our Muslims, Mexicans and all those whose name starts with "M"". I mean have you ever noticed that people whose name starts with an "M" are really bad people ? lol .

Old 03-14-2016, 02:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
You know, being of Muslim Religion does not automatically make people bad. Islam is not Taboo. Extreme Islam is a small % of all Islam.

There is 7.5 billion humans in the world of which 1.6 billion is Muslim. 2.2 billion are Christians. 1.254 billion Catholics.... Each group has extremism and history books list examples of zealots of any religion.

In North America we have 300 million Americans, 40 million Canadians, 120 million Mexicans. In US there is 2.5 million Muslims, in Canada just over 1 million. If you look at these numbers, Muslims in North America do not cause the most violent crimes pier capita. What groups commit the most homicide in US?

Look at Canada, 40 million people with 1 million Muslims and no Muslim terrorism...

Anyhow, It is Obama's position that those who commit crimes are thugs are not true Muslims. It is Trump's position that when thugs commit crimes like terrorism, we hold their communities responsible. In other words, we put pressure on other Muslims to be more active to stop this and not support it.

The problem is that not every-one is playing with a full deck and some think that it's OK to attack peaceful G-d fearing people who exercise religious freedoms on US soil.

So there is what I understand from Trump speeches. But some people are not to bright. The view system here is: "let's build a bacon fence around US to keep our Muslims, Mexicans and all those whose name starts with "M"". I mean have you ever noticed that people whose name starts with an "M" are really bad people ? lol .
i didnt say it makes them bad. there are other places for them to go.

i agree. islamic terrorism isnt a significant problem in america.

the illegal mexicans drive down wages and take away jobs that could be worked by americans. at the very least, we should control their immigration and not let them control it by crossing the border at their own pleasure. that is what americans expect and trump is the only one responding to what the american people want.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:

The fence is not to keep out "M"s, it is to keep out "I"s. ILLEGALS. I don't care what nationality or religion. You stay out unless you apply properly and are admitted after appropriate vetting. Frankly, I don't think we should let any fundamentalist types in the country from any religion or any region. We don't need more irrational people in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections