Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 12:10 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
CaptainNJ ^^^ Speaking of Ted Cruz, this guy remind me of a villain from a nuclear apocalypse movie of the 1990

Muslims, I mean we are a democracy and if enouph people share your views it is acceptable to me.

The thing is, we are a country of immigrants. Immigrants and what they bring with them is what build this country to be great. So it's a question of our future, do we exclude the "unwanted" or do we give representation to different ways and view points ?
i appreciate that ted cruz was willing to shut down the government. if the republicans want to accomplish anything other than making both democrat and republican politicians wealthy, they will need to actually follow through on their threats.

i have no problem with immigrants, they are sweeties. but there are a lot of people out there looking to come to america and so we should have selection criteria that actually benefits us. the lottery thing that exists now is so dumb. also, why do we want people here who support religious government, anti-women, anti-gay, anti-religious freedom, etc. etc. etc. when we can take people who are more closely aligned with our belief system? at the end of the day, we want people that appreciate our values and will add to this country in positive ways; not people that will push our country back with medieval belief systems.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
The status quo is broken.

Even with Trump in the WH, he has limited powers.

I use this type of analogy when it comes to politicians. If the dems are against high taxes and the repubs are against high taxes, then way do we have high taxes?

Both parties have been playing the people for many years.

It's time foe a change.

Trump 2016.
i always say that when politicians complain about the hostility in government today; they arent complaining because they want politicians to work together to benefit the american citizens. the politicians want to work together so all politicians can get what they are bribed by special interests to get. they are against trump because they are worried that the current system where politicians are bribed for their support will be threatened.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
Great minds think alike

Just look at the country- what it's become...
The PC Nazi's are out in full force, trying to harass, intimidate & assault Trump supporters...
Why?
Because they know their free rides will come to an end......
Say no to voting for the lifelong welfare loving Democrats

Old 03-13-2016, 05:10 PM

684 posts, read 714,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

i appreciate that ted cruz was willing to shut down the government. if the republicans want to accomplish anything other than making both democrat and republican politicians wealthy, they will need to actually follow through on their threats.

i have no problem with immigrants, they are sweeties. but there are a lot of people out there looking to come to america and so we should have selection criteria that actually benefits us. the lottery thing that exists now is so dumb. also, why do we want people here who support religious government, anti-women, anti-gay, anti-religious freedom, etc. etc. etc. when we can take people who are more closely aligned with our belief system? at the end of the day, we want people that appreciate our values and will add to this country in positive ways; not people that will push our country back with medieval belief systems.
Ted Cruiz shutting down the government is a good thing ?
Other then getting headlines on Faux news, did he accomplish anything ? Some retirees and disabled people got their money late.

we have green card quotas for each country. What you are talking about in terms of emigration already exists.

as far as pushing our country back, that has always been GOP agenda from where I can see.

I am inside the moderate box in case any-one cares.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:41 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Other then getting headlines on Faux news, did he accomplish anything ? Some retirees and disabled people got their money late.

The other thing that Crazy Cruz accomplished with his filibuster and subsequent shutdown of the federal government was that he effectively removed $24 billion from the economy.

That’s according to an estimate from Standard & Poor’s. The financial services company said the shutdown took $24 billion out of the U.S. economy, and reduced fourth-quarter GDP growth from 3 percent to 2.4 percent.

...all in the name of promoting his prospects among certain elements of the electorate...

Old 03-13-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:

we have green card quotas for each country. What you are talking about in terms of emigration already exists.

as far as pushing our country back, that has always been GOP agenda from where I can see.

I am inside the moderate box in case any-one cares.
the republicans have lost the ability to negotiate because the democrats always assume they will cave (because they always do). the general logic that both sides seem to buy into is that republicans would be hurt if there is a shutdown. its funny because they democrats would say in the budget negotiations "you have to agree to a budget or you will shut down the government" and then when it came to debt ceiling negotiations "you already agreed to pay for it in the budget, now you have to pay for it!" you have to be willing to play things out or you get anywhere. cruz was willing to play it out.

i never suggested quotas from each country. i think that is a stupid idea.

good for you.

i lean libertarian and dont really care who wins the election.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:19 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,521,963 times
Clinton = NAFTA
Obama = TPP
Trump = JOBS

Old 03-13-2016, 08:47 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Clinton = NAFTA
Obama = TPP
Trump = JOBS
You forgot...

Carter = Trilateral Commission

Old 03-13-2016, 08:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
It depends how both elections are going. If I think Bernie has a chance by June Ill vote for him. If it cones down to Hillary already winning and a fight between Trump and Cruz Ill vote Trump. I love how the left hates Trump but the alternative Cruz is 500 times worse.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:54 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Clinton = NAFTA
Obama = TPP
Trump = JOBS
This. If nothing else, Trump will be good for reversing terrible trade deals that hurt American workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections