Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 03:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Look, the fact remains that Trump isn't even remotely "hateful". This is the narrative put forth by the media and political opponents who can't stand the guy (and obviously due to his preponderance to resort to juvenile tactics). Most of the hysterical people right now thinks Trump supports David Duke, which is what the media wants you to believe but the reality remains that he had no idea who the guy was at that rally and now the media just won't let go the idea that Trump is the next KKK grand Klansman lol. Trump isn't racist, he supports American jobs and legal immigration and so many have drunk the kool-aid that this makes him "hateful". Give me a break, this is such an insult to his supporters and draws even more supporters to him - the media hasn't quite figured this out yet
Yup, I was just going to ask how he is so hateful.

I wish people would back up these types of claims. I don't see him being hateful.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:26 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think you just proved the other poster's point. Donald Trump became president of the company in 1974. His father died in 1999. So how much of that inheritance was Donald Trump responsible for creating? Not to mention, his siblings shared in the inheritance of the corporation.

Donald Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Nobody is arguing that. So if people are going to state this as if it is a negative, why not just state it without the embellishments and deliberate omissions? And I don't blame you, because I'm sure you are just repeating what you have heard or read. But why do the original creators of this "spin" feel the need to state it this way?

This is how the real, true criticism gets lost in the noise. When someone makes a claim that may have substance, people are skeptical and take it with a grain of salt because there are so many untruths out there that they just don't know what to believe.
I am not dismissing Trump's contribution to the Trump Organization during the time he worked for his father. It is hypocritical to say that Trump is a self made successful businessman, which is the image Trump wants to project.

My issue with Trump is his pathological lying with regard to his infomercial where he basically stood there, held up products his hotels purchase from other companies and blatantly misrepresented them as products sold by Trump owned entities.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:26 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Some good posts here trying to get past the silly media talking points re: Trump's appeal.

One thing that hasn't been talked about though, is a big portion of the Republican "elite" is scared of him, for none of the reasons given above. All politicians lie, coerce, have big egos, but they are polished in being politically correct about how they state positions. "Hope & Change" "Make America Great Again".....slogans.

However, the fear from within the party of Trump is this is the first guy that has come along that cannot be controlled by the "party" or "special interests". He is a wild card. The parties (both of them) have an incredible amount of CONTROL over their candidates through donors, "elites", party elders. But Trump is marching to his own band and that presents a real threat to the gargantuan government machine that both parties adhere to.

This is provable. Why? Because they feel the same about Ted Cruz too. Cruz checks ALL the marks for a conservative Republican and under normal circumstances would get unbelievable party support, BUT he has proven in the past that he is also UNCONTROLLABLE, so he is despised by the party. It reveals their hypocrisy. The dirty secret is both parties care much more about CONTROL than ideology. The machine must continue to feed the beast that is government and all the special interests that feed off government. Republican voters are giving 60-80% of all their votes to two guys who blow up that paradigm. Trump, however, is viewed by voters (so far) as the guy who is the real wild card and thus he will likely win the nomination.

It is fascinating to witness the inability of the main stream media to understand this.
You have hit the nail on the head as to exactly why I support Trump. I've said it on these threads before, a few times. How is it that YOU can get it, but the media and other politicians can not?

I do think that Trump believes he can get that wall built, and he may very well be able to do just that. Enforce what has already been proposed, enforce the laws...imagine.

I also believe that some people are really behind him for the wall and for trade deals. Those would be bonuses...those would be fantastic, and if he were to deliver on both of those promises, there's a lot of anti Trumps who will owe him a YUUUUGE apology.

But the reason I started supporting him is exactly what you just laid out. And you're right, the more that people and politicians, the media and the establishment rail against him, the stronger my support gets for Trump. All of their bleatings only assure me that he absolutely is going to, and will continue to, shake up the GOP. They are scared, and that's exactly what I want. I want them to listen...they haven't listened in a very long time.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:36 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You have hit the nail on the head as to exactly why I support Trump. I've said it on these threads before, a few times. How is it that YOU can get it, but the media and other politicians can not?
I hate beating on a dead horse but politicians who don't conform to politically correct narratives are automatically pariahs in the media. You have to act and speak a certain way, and there are things you cannot say otherwise they won't give you any legitimacy. This is a big part of Trump's appeal that you can stick it to all these uptight elites from the media to the party leaders and special interests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections