Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:02 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont mind hillary because i see her as maintaining the status quo. yes, she is very corrupt. but at the end of the day, her corruptness isnt likely to hurt me.

id like to vote for someone like ron paul or his son. though i also probably wouldnt really benefit from a libertarian president, so its probably not the best choice for me.

I am taking a serious look at Gary Johnson

I have concerns about Trump but I do recognize he might be the change agent we need. He also might be a destructive force that we will regret.

I do have concerns on how will we treat our Muslim and Hispanic citizens in our zeal to fight terrorism and illegal immigration. I do not want to live in a country where the assumption is they are guilty and that stance is okay because we are taking on serious problems.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:25 AM

684 posts, read 714,236 times
Ok, so here we are. Let's battle misconceptions and hope truth prevails

1. Hillary's email scandal is not real.
2. I was helping a neighbor with a recent green card get Obamacare:
a. many immigrants do not understand Obamacare and need help applying.
b. To get social services in NJ you need to be a legal resident for 5 years. So giving green cards to illegals, they would be only eligible for welfare and food stamps in 5 years.
c. It is illegal for a hospital to refuse to treat a patient, so before Obamacare hospitals had to eat the cost of people who can not afford to pay. Now with Obamacare Fed takes the hit. It's about $250 difference a month between what I am paying and what some-one would pay if they got 100% credits for Obamacare. People who work for minimum wage can get basic medical insurance while paying $25-30 a month with Obamacare. So if there is a problem with Obamacare policy makers should fix the problem and not scrap the program.
3. My major problem with Hillary is that she already was in the Whitehouse. In my understand about laws that limit presidential terms would apply to Hillary making her not eligible for the presidency.
4. I do not like Trump for many reasons. I am not sure what his appeal to people is. He does not really say anything.... According to Trump we should build a bacon fence around US to keep the unwanted out
Seriously, we have no idea what he is gonna do when he gets elected. Trump is a rich white guy, does he even understand what it's like to walk in the shoes of an average citizen? Does Trump go to supermarket to get food? I mean how can trump relate to an average citizen ?

I am in denial and disbelief. Things can not be this bad. Our top presidential candidates are Hilary v Trump... I was thinking maybe it was just to rally up the parties and real candidates would be announced later.... I mean this apocalyptically bad.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:39 AM

Why should I participate in the Elections ? Do I really care if Trump or Hillary wins ? Consider that Trump and Hillary are from NYC and are friends socially.

Additionally I am pretty clear that my political interests would be represented by either candidates.

This leaves my investment portfolio. If Trump becomes president I am selling my stocks and buying real-estate. My prediction is that realestate prices will skyrocket beyond affordability because people will be buying to preserve money.

Foreign policy wise, RT.com is saying do not trust Trump. I am not sure what the angle is here....

Old 03-13-2016, 09:00 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I am taking a serious look at Gary Johnson

I have concerns about Trump but I do recognize he might be the change agent we need. He also might be a destructive force that we will regret.

I do have concerns on how will we treat our Muslim and Hispanic citizens in our zeal to fight terrorism and illegal immigration. I do not want to live in a country where the assumption is they are guilty and that stance is okay because we are taking on serious problems.
i think he clearly shows potential for being a tyrant. a billionaire businessman is used to telling people what to do without being subject to much questioning. he clearly gives glimpses of this in his campaigning. but i also have confidence that he can get results for the american people as a successful business person. so it can go either way or probably both ways. i think he will not have any issues with hispanics who are here legally but if they arent here legally, its going to be a problema for them. which seems fair since they are here illegally. im not sure what to expect with the muslims. im mostly concerned with america not getting involved in any more wars abroad. trump speaks against the decision to go into iraq and yet he says we may need 30,000 ground troops for isis. i see no need for america to get involved in fighting isis. id imagine trump wouldnt do anything to muslims already here but muslims visiting here, may be an issue and muslims immigrating here, id imagine he would want to ban immigration from certain countries. i dont really have an issue with that. i think we may as well take people in that have belief systems more consistent with what is already here.

at the end of the day, im not voting for trump. he speaks against edward snowden, for the fbi, for sending soldiers to syria; its just not ok for me. i want a more transparent government and a smaller government and i dont trust trump for that. maybe ted cruz is the only one that may shrink government's size some. maybe. i also see the need to cut military spending in half and nobody seems to want to do that. so ill probably not vote or vote for the libertarian candidate just to cast a ballot.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:17 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,904 times
I hope the libertarian ends up being Gary Johnson

How do we identify the illegal Hispanics from the legal ones?

Old 03-13-2016, 09:17 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,219,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You are not nervous that the truth is out, are you?
The political parties and the leftist media are not running things this time.
The game has changed.
What now? Who?

I have participated in various state and city C-D forums for 7 years; the TOS states these boards and their threads are to be only about the areas/cites and nothing else.

Mods move threads like this on any other C-D relocation board are moved accordingly many times a day e.g. http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/ minutes after they are posted.

All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
i think he clearly shows potential for being a tyrant. a billionaire businessman is used to telling people what to do without being subject to much questioning. he clearly gives glimpses of this in his campaigning. but i also have confidence that he can get results for the american people as a successful business person. so it can go either way or probably both ways. i think he will not have any issues with hispanics who are here legally but if they arent here legally, its going to be a problema for them. which seems fair since they are here illegally. im not sure what to expect with the muslims. im mostly concerned with america not getting involved in any more wars abroad. trump speaks against the decision to go into iraq and yet he says we may need 30,000 ground troops for isis. i see no need for america to get involved in fighting isis. id imagine trump wouldnt do anything to muslims already here but muslims visiting here, may be an issue and muslims immigrating here, id imagine he would want to ban immigration from certain countries. i dont really have an issue with that. i think we may as well take people in that have belief systems more consistent with what is already here.

at the end of the day, im not voting for trump. he speaks against edward snowden, for the fbi, for sending soldiers to syria; its just not ok for me. i want a more transparent government and a smaller government and i dont trust trump for that. maybe ted cruz is the only one that may shrink government's size some. maybe. i also see the need to cut military spending in half and nobody seems to want to do that. so ill probably not vote or vote for the libertarian candidate just to cast a ballot.
CaptainNJ ^^^ Speaking of Ted Cruz, this guy remind me of a villain from a nuclear apocalypse movie of the 1990

Muslims, I mean we are a democracy and if enouph people share your views it is acceptable to me.

The thing is, we are a country of immigrants. Immigrants and what they bring with them is what build this country to be great. So it's a question of our future, do we exclude the "unwanted" or do we give representation to different ways and view points ?

Old 03-13-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
What now? Who?

I have participated in various state and city C-D forums for 7 years; the TOS states these boards and their threads are to be only about the areas/cites and nothing else.

Mods move threads like this on any other C-D relocation board are moved accordingly many times a day e.g. http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/ minutes after they are posted.

All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
I do not think this thread is inappropriate or needs moving. This is where residents of NJ discuss their political views.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:36 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
i dont mind hillary because i see her as maintaining the status quo. yes, she is very corrupt. but at the end of the day, her corruptness isnt likely to hurt me.

id like to vote for someone like ron paul or his son. though i also probably wouldnt really benefit from a libertarian president, so its probably not the best choice for me.
The status quo is broken.

Even with Trump in the WH, he has limited powers.

I use this type of analogy when it comes to politicians. If the dems are against high taxes and the repubs are against high taxes, then way do we have high taxes?

Both parties have been playing the people for many years.

It's time foe a change.

Trump 2016.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I hope the libertarian ends up being Gary Johnson

How do we identify the illegal Hispanics from the legal ones?
so you have two primary issues, border security and then removing illegals currently living here. its not really that hard to stop them from entering if you put the right security measures and rules in place. as far as catching them, its really not that hard because all you need to do is make it so hard to live here that they self deport. you do i-9 audits on employers, you check legal status to enter public schools, you dont allow illegals to obtain drivers licenses or any legal documentation. id also recommend passing a law barring legal status permanently for anyone caught entering illegally. the harder you make it for them to live here, the less of them will come illegally and many will voluntarily leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections